There are 76 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Crabtree to start Sunday?

Originally posted by 49ers1fan1982:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
wouldn't take much to outperform our WR's.


It's true..Morgan has not scored on TWO for sure TD's
[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Oct 19, 2009 at 4:20 PM ]
Originally posted by fzrdave:
Crabtree starting is pretty surprising news. I hope he does well.

GET YA READY!!!
Crabtree for President!
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by cNiner:
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by cNiner:
wow , he must have tore it up in practice last week and over the weekend to be promoted to be a starter over Morgan. I hope he has the speed to adjust to speed of the game. Morgan is the faster one but i don't know why Bruce is starting

?

He's pretty slow the way he was caught from behind vs atlanta

No, he took the wrong angle , look at the tape again !

He had atleast 5 yards on the coverage running down field...angle or not he shouldn't have been caught.

He's slow

you have no clue , he is not slow will see how fast crap will be and bruce !
  • B650
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,205
Originally posted by cNiner:
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by cNiner:
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by cNiner:
wow , he must have tore it up in practice last week and over the weekend to be promoted to be a starter over Morgan. I hope he has the speed to adjust to speed of the game. Morgan is the faster one but i don't know why Bruce is starting

?

He's pretty slow the way he was caught from behind vs atlanta

No, he took the wrong angle , look at the tape again !

He had atleast 5 yards on the coverage running down field...angle or not he shouldn't have been caught.

He's slow

you have no clue , he is not slow will see how fast crap will be and bruce !

Dude, Crabtree beasts like Willis beastlyness of fastness.
BuZzB???
Originally posted by cNiner:
wow , he must have tore it up in practice last week and over the weekend to be promoted to be a starter over Morgan. I hope he has the speed to adjust to speed of the game. Morgan is the faster one but i don't know why Bruce is starting

Crabs taking Morgans spot this upcoming week is due to wha I believe is Singletary doing this to ignite a fire on Morgan for his inconsistancy and to throw off the texans by using him at the slot where he can be REALLY effective due to his size and physical ability. Crabs obviously is making the strides for this talk because if he wasn't than I wouldn't think Singletary would be this ignorant for him to take Morgans spot. Now with Gore returning and a CLEAR started at RT with Pasho's(hopefully he gets confidence going with the nod). Don't worry people,Bruce is simply there for his route running and a backup option. Were still going 2 run the ball&try and get the ball to VD&ANY WR that FEELS like getting open or if Hill can actually get the pass to them better yet not staying in the pocket to simply get sacked
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
By the way that's got to absolutely suck for Morgan.

Imagine if you're at a job, a new high profile guy comes in 71 days late, you train him and then you get demoted. ouch.

-9fA

Yeah, that would be like dropping a stapler on the boss' foot, and then saying, "Well, it felt like it had butter on it. Have you been eating again?"

That's similar to what Morgan did when he dropped the wide-open TD pass, then complained that "it came down like a punt."

His demotion was partly his fault.

No doubt. His lack of effort is something that concerns me.

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
By the way that's got to absolutely suck for Morgan.

Imagine if you're at a job, a new high profile guy comes in 71 days late, you train him and then you get demoted. ouch.

-9fA

Yeah, that would be like dropping a stapler on the boss' foot, and then saying, "Well, it felt like it had butter on it. Have you been eating again?"

That's similar to what Morgan did when he dropped the wide-open TD pass, then complained that "it came down like a punt."

His demotion was partly his fault.

No doubt. His lack of effort is something that concerns me.

-9fA

I hope Morgan can get his confidence back & overtake Bruce later in the year. Crabtree seems to really be impressing which is good for our whole offense. I can't wait for this game this weekend!
HMMMM???

Well all I gotta say is I trust Sing, and this means we will see Gore, Davis and Crabtree on the field at the same timea lot more than we thought
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Crabtree's stats vs the Texans: 6 catches 98 yards 1td

If that happens, then whenever Mike Singletary looks at his team, and tells them it is all about hard work and "paying the price," they will never be able to believe him.

Its obviously about talent, and not hard work if Crabtree can just waltz into the NFL and start playing.

All those tough days of training camp? For WHAT?
  • B650
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,205
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Crabtree's stats vs the Texans: 6 catches 98 yards 1td

If that happens, then whenever Mike Singletary looks at his team, and tells them it is all about hard work and "paying the price," they will never be able to believe him.

Its obviously about talent, and not hard work if Crabtree can just waltz into the NFL and start playing.

All those tough days of training camp? For WHAT?

Or they'll think, "This guy will do whatever it takes to win," which I'm sure they'll respect. Don't you think the defense is a little tired of all those three-and-outs? It showed in Atlanta. If anything, the players probably LOVE the fact that Crabtree is going to start.
[ Edited by B650 on Oct 19, 2009 at 4:40 PM ]
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Crabtree's stats vs the Texans: 6 catches 98 yards 1td

If that happens, then whenever Mike Singletary looks at his team, and tells them it is all about hard work and "paying the price," they will never be able to believe him.

Its obviously about talent, and not hard work if Crabtree can just waltz into the NFL and start playing.

All those tough days of training camp? For WHAT?

Well you did know M.C. trained hard when he was holding out right? I am sure his plan was always to sign that's why he had a trainer everywhere he went.

Why do you think he won the job so quickly? Because he trained hard, he probably studied his position and Jimmy Raye's type Offense, and he is extremely talented at WR.

The others probably have to train even harder to match the lever of talent Crabs has on the field. Thats WHY they needed the camp. It's great to see him take over the WR spot so quickly.
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Crabtree's stats vs the Texans: 6 catches 98 yards 1td

If that happens, then whenever Mike Singletary looks at his team, and tells them it is all about hard work and "paying the price," they will never be able to believe him.

Its obviously about talent, and not hard work if Crabtree can just waltz into the NFL and start playing.

All those tough days of training camp? For WHAT?

Or they'll think, "This guy will do whatever it takes to win," which I'm sure they'll respect. Don't you think the defense is a little tired of all those three-and-outs? It showed in Atlanta. If anything, the players probably LOVE the fact that Crabtree is going to start.

Look, if Crabtree is the best player, then he definitely should play. Get him in there as fast as possible. I have no problem with that whatsoever.

I am just making the observation, that if Crabtree can start and have a good game against the Texans, then it will blow the whole "must have a real tough training camp" thing out of the water.

You know the Rams also had a real tough training camp.

Tough training camps can wear thin, VERY fast, if the coaching staff is not careful.

Let's say Crabtree blows up the NFL like Moss did his rookie year.

Next seasons training camp will be very interesting, because it will be very tough for Singletary (or any team for that matter) to sell the idea that your seasons success depends upon how hard you work in training camp.

Crabtree and the Rams will have blown that out of the water by next season.

So I am arguing against hard training camps, not Crabtree starting.
i will guarantee you that Crabtree is the best WR on our roster. No question in my mind.