LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 279 users in the forums

Crabtree to start Sunday?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • GORO
  • Veteran
I am excited about this development. It means that Crabtree has been everything they thought he was when they drafted him. But since he has gotten reps with Alex Smith and not with Shaun Hill this does concern me.
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
This needs to be Bruce's last season. I was happy he was here the last couple years to help our guys along, but now he is just taking spots.

Next year needs to be Morgan and Crabs as the starters.

Agreed. I don't see us re-signing him. He was signed because of his familiarity with the Martz offense and his veteran leadership. Now that we've canned Martz, his play has significantly dipped.

-9fA
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by B650:
This speaks volumes as to how much our WR's currently blow. We took a rookie WR who missed all of training camp and after a weeks worth of practice our coaches determined he's better than anyone we currently have...wow.

I think it's mostly our QB/OL actually.

I think it's all three personally...that said our QB is the best of that three...at least he's average compared to players at his position in the NFL.

Actually he's damn near the bottom compared to most players at his position

80 QB Rating is average. The stats that were posted in an article recently are after a bad Atlanta game...prior to that his QB rating was in the upper 80's and he was in the middle group in all stats in the league. Our WR's however are on the bottom in terms of receptions, td's ect, our OLine is bottom 3 in Sacks allowed and well...Coffee is averaging 2.something yards per carry.

His stats will continue to get worse as the season goes on. The more games he plays the lower he drops in rankings. Give it another 3-4 weeks and I bet he is ranked no higher then 25 in all QB stats.
Originally posted by B650:
This speaks volumes as to how much our WR's currently blow. We took a rookie WR who missed all of training camp and after a weeks worth of practice our coaches determined he's better than anyone we currently have...wow.

I think it's mostly our QB/OL actually.

I think it's all three personally...that said our QB is the best of that three...at least he's average compared to players at his position in the NFL.

Actually he's damn near the bottom compared to most players at his position

80 QB Rating is average. The stats that were posted in an article recently are after a bad Atlanta game...prior to that his QB rating was in the upper 80's and he was in the middle group in all stats in the league. Our WR's however are on the bottom in terms of receptions, td's ect, our OLine is bottom 3 in Sacks allowed and well...Coffee is averaging 2.something yards per carry.

His stats will continue to get worse as the season goes on. The more games he plays the lower he drops in rankings. Give it another 3-4 weeks and I bet he is ranked no higher then 25 in all QB stats.

His play is just picking up where it left off last season. The last few games last season Hill had a lot of WTF moments.
wow , he must have tore it up in practice last week and over the weekend to be promoted to be a starter over Morgan. I hope he has the speed to adjust to speed of the game. Morgan is the faster one but i don't know why Bruce is starting
wouldn't take much to outperform our WR's.
[ Edited by SybErkRimInAL on Oct 19, 2009 at 4:12 PM ]
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cNiner:
wow , he must have tore it up in practice last week and over the weekend to be promoted to be a starter over Morgan. I hope he has the speed to adjust to speed of the game. Morgan is the faster one but i don't know why Bruce is starting

?

He's pretty slow the way he was caught from behind vs atlanta

Morgan is fast? did you not see that play during the ATL game?

?

No, he took the wrong angle , look at the tape again !
By the way that's got to absolutely suck for Morgan.

Imagine if you're at a job, a new high profile guy comes in 71 days late, you train him and then you get demoted. ouch.

-9fA

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

this is just the plain and simple truth, that's why I'm pretty stoked to see what Crabtree can do.
  • jcs
  • Veteran

?

No, he took the wrong angle , look at the tape again !

He had atleast 5 yards on the coverage running down field...angle or not he shouldn't have been caught.

He's slow
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
By the way that's got to absolutely suck for Morgan.

Imagine if you're at a job, a new high profile guy comes in 71 days late, you train him and then you get demoted. ouch.

-9fA

Yeah, that would be like dropping a stapler on the boss' foot, and then saying, "Well, it felt like it had butter on it. Have you been eating again?"

That's similar to what Morgan did when he dropped the wide-open TD pass, then complained that "it came down like a punt."

His demotion was partly his fault.
Crabtree starting is pretty surprising news. I hope he does well.
Share 49ersWebzone