There are 162 users in the forums

Crabtree to start Sunday?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Dammit Jason Hill needs to get into the game. I'm sick of not seeing him get any chances.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
I still think it should be Morgan in place of bruce

that will eventually happen

Morgan and Crabtree starting

I agree with you but I'm indifferent about who should be starting right now. If it were Jerry Rice in there playing at the same level Bruce is playing now no way anyone here would want him benched in favor of anyone on our roster. With that said I do think our best 2 WR's have to be Crabtree and Morgan. We need to get B.Jones involved also unless we paid big $ for this guy for nothing.
Benching Morgan now with the idea that he would be the future starter is flawed IMO. Let the guy develope he has shown some great potential and has nice physical tools. We already made him a starter so why sit him down now? Bruce is what 35?
Originally posted by NickV:
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
This needs to be Bruce's last season. I was happy he was here the last couple years to help our guys along, but now he is just taking spots.

Next year needs to be Morgan and Crabs as the starters.

I'm happy with that combination. I wouldn't mind if we drafted a speedy WR in the later rounds though to help stretch the field a bit. I know Jason Hill runs a 4.3 or so, but I'm not really seeing that speed in the games.

I think that battle and bruce may be gone next season and that will leave us with our young WR's. Crabs, Morgan, Jones and Hill

I know I just posted that I'm indifferent about who starts at WR. After thinking further and reading more posts we need to get those 4 in the game for us now. Bruce/Battle are good for depth but that should be it.
Originally posted by Antix:
Dammit Jason Hill needs to get into the game. I'm sick of not seeing him get any chances.

i dont get why Hill doesn't get many, if any, reps. Does his blocking suck or something??
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by Antix:

i dont get why Hill doesn't get many, if any, reps. Does his blocking suck or something??

maybe he hit on Singletary's daughter?
Originally posted by HessianDud:
If this is true, its probably going to piss off a lot of people on the team. Whats been all this talk of "he's not ready, we'll bring him in slowly, etc, etc." All those receivers put in the work throughout TC and so far through the season, and they're going to get leapfrogged by some kid who doesn't even know the "route tree"?

Has he done anything in practice to warrant it? Morgan has certainly underachieved and made some bad blunders this season but I would like to think that crabs would actually have to do something in order to take his job.

Bad, bad idea.

None of us were at practice though, maybe Crabtree came in there and absolutely tore it up. Think about it Singletary didn't just become a p***y overnight this guy did something special in practice and looked great or he wouldn't be starting. In that case how could the players have anything negative to say? They know the passing game has sucked and in this case the player would have kicked ass in practice right in front of them.
Not really surprising, when Morgan didn't FINISH his run in the Atlanta game Sing probably started looking in another direction. Morgan just isn't consistent.

By all accounts Crabtree has been working his tail off in Florida during his holdout, he's probably had Deion personally tutoring him on how to dominate DB's, and he's always had amazing hands.

Crabtree takes Morgan's place, Jones and Morgan start to spell Bruce when he is tired and the other goes to the 3rd receiver spot, whoever makes more plays with their time in the game becomes the incumbent for Bruce when he is gone at the end of the season, makes perfect sense to me. I am glad he is taking it well, but after dropping the bomb from Hill for an easy TD in the game before and not finishing that one run, he had to of known he was in the dog house.
Originally posted by ninernutt:
I'm sure Crabs is tearing it up already. Its really not that big a shocker, the guy was arguably the best WR in college history, to be considered the best ever by some, at the very least means the guy can ball. I like Morgan and think he'll be starting in the future with Crabs, and i also like Hill in the slot, its hard to remember all the games like some of you do but i do remember him doing good when given the chance. But Crabtree has the kind of talent that he can walk onto 90% of the teams in the NFL and atleast start out being the number 2 guy, seeing that we dont have a true number one its an easy steal for him to come in and play right away. Ive been waiting for him and am glad he's finally here, a year ago i would have never imagined he'd be on our team, and its awsome....go get em crabs

I agree with you on Jason Hill. I have NFL Rewind and I like to watch the final game of last season (Redskins) a lot because I see a lot of positives in that game. The defense played well, Shaun Hill played well, and most of all, Jason Hill played really well and scored a TD. I'm surprised he isn't getting any playing time this year.

My problem with Hill is he thought just because he played ok in the last few games that his job should be safe. Thats the wrong attitude to take in the NFL. He should've came back in camp going harder then ever before instead of just expecting things to be a certain way. You have to want to be the best and never satisfied with yourself and I got that he was satisfied with himself in preseason when he said he thought that he would get more reps than he was getting.
[ Edited by redmanc07 on Oct 19, 2009 at 3:47 PM ]
  • jcs
  • Veteran
This speaks volumes as to how much our WR's currently blow. We took a rookie WR who missed all of training camp and after a weeks worth of practice our coaches determined he's better than anyone we currently have...wow.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:
This speaks volumes as to how much our WR's currently blow. We took a rookie WR who missed all of training camp and after a weeks worth of practice our coaches determined he's better than anyone we currently have...wow.

I think it's mostly our QB/OL actually.

• jcs
  • Veteran

I think it's all three personally...that said our QB is the best of that three...at least he's average compared to players at his position in the NFL.

I think it's all three personally...that said our QB is the best of that three...at least he's average compared to players at his position in the NFL.

Actually he's damn near the bottom compared to most players at his position
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:

80 QB Rating is average. The stats that were posted in an article recently are after a bad Atlanta game...prior to that his QB rating was in the upper 80's and he was in the middle group in all stats in the league. Our WR's however are on the bottom in terms of receptions, td's ect, our OLine is bottom 3 in Sacks allowed and well...Coffee is averaging 2.something yards per carry.
I'm wearing my Crabtree jersey! I just hope that Morgan takes over for Bruce within the season because Bruce has been surprisingly disappointing -- dropping passes, completely disappearing in games. I was excited that he signed back on but now I'm rethinking this -- he needs to be a mentor now, not a hinderance toward our young WR developments.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:

80 QB Rating is average. The stats that were posted in an article recently are after a bad Atlanta game...prior to that his QB rating was in the upper 80's and he was in the middle group in all stats in the league. Our WR's however are on the bottom in terms of receptions, td's ect, our OLine is bottom 3 in Sacks allowed and well...Coffee is averaging 2.something yards per carry.

I bet you our WRs have been thrown to the least amount of times as well. All the passes go to TEs and RBs. Hill doesn't have the time or confidence to throw it to the WRs this year.
Share 49ersWebzone