Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Crabtree to start Sunday?

• pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Crabtree's stats vs the Texans: 6 catches 98 yards 1td

Why not go ahead and make it a 100? I would be REALLY excited if he had these type of numbers out of the gate. I wonder how much of the playbook he has learned?

We only have 2 plays, run up the gut, and throw to whoever looks open (sometimes we do this one out of the shotgun formation).
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninernutt:
I'm sure Crabs is tearing it up already. Its really not that big a shocker, the guy was arguably the best WR in college history, to be considered the best ever by some, at the very least means the guy can ball. I like Morgan and think he'll be starting in the future with Crabs, and i also like Hill in the slot, its hard to remember all the games like some of you do but i do remember him doing good when given the chance. But Crabtree has the kind of talent that he can walk onto 90% of the teams in the NFL and atleast start out being the number 2 guy, seeing that we dont have a true number one its an easy steal for him to come in and play right away. Ive been waiting for him and am glad he's finally here, a year ago i would have never imagined he'd be on our team, and its awsome....go get em crabs

I agree with you on Jason Hill. I have NFL Rewind and I like to watch the final game of last season (Redskins) a lot because I see a lot of positives in that game. The defense played well, Shaun Hill played well, and most of all, Jason Hill played really well and scored a TD. I'm surprised he isn't getting any playing time this year.
Maybe this was negotiated in his contract that he will start from day one. Just seems kinda odd dude misses all of season and 5 games and then starts his first game.
This needs to be Bruce's last season. I was happy he was here the last couple years to help our guys along, but now he is just taking spots.

Next year needs to be Morgan and Crabs as the starters.
So if Crabs totally f ucks up on Sunday are we all gonna die?
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
This needs to be Bruce's last season. I was happy he was here the last couple years to help our guys along, but now he is just taking spots.

Bruce only had a 2 year contract, so he is as good as gone next year.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by susweel:
Just because he is starting does not mean that he is going to play that much. For that matter Bruce may also lose playing time. Morgan still may get a lot of action. They may also be putting Crabgreed in as a decoy to take some of the pressure of the running game.

I don't know, just some possibilities that may happen. Gives us something to look forward to.

Why name someone a starter though if he's only going to play 10-15 snaps? Ruffles feathers for no reason.

One thing I do like is Singletary basically saying that how much Crabtree plays depends on how he performs. If Hill could get come chemistry going with Crabtree, he could put up some big numbers and remain in the game. That would be a nice homecoming.

I wonder if this has to do with his performance guarantees for this season. I also think that this order did not come from Singletary or Sullivan, but McCloughan himself due to the current performance of the WRs thus far.
I dont think so, because I don't think he can get 80% of the plays with 5 games already being played. I don't think he will make the probowl either.

Performance guarantees for this season (first year of contract) could vary - we don't have access to that information.
Should be Crabtree and Morgan. And this does seems like they are desperate but I like the attempt at a change.

This seems like dejavu with Willis rookie. They plugged him in with D. Smith when everyone was calling for Willis and Brandon Moore. BTW what happened to Brandon Moore...
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Oct 19, 2009 at 3:21 PM ]
Originally posted by Black59Razor:

I know I am.
  • B650
  • Veteran

I'm happy with that combination. I wouldn't mind if we drafted a speedy WR in the later rounds though to help stretch the field a bit. I know Jason Hill runs a 4.3 or so, but I'm not really seeing that speed in the games.
Originally posted by Black59Razor:

I know I am.

I got the pills & hennessy ready
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pd24:
Just because he is starting does not mean that he is going to play that much. For that matter Bruce may also lose playing time. Morgan still may get a lot of action. They may also be putting Crabgreed in as a decoy to take some of the pressure of the running game.

I don't know, just some possibilities that may happen. Gives us something to look forward to.

Why name someone a starter though if he's only going to play 10-15 snaps? Ruffles feathers for no reason.

One thing I do like is Singletary basically saying that how much Crabtree plays depends on how he performs. If Hill could get come chemistry going with Crabtree, he could put up some big numbers and remain in the game. That would be a nice homecoming.

I wonder if this has to do with his performance guarantees for this season. I also think that this order did not come from Singletary or Sullivan, but McCloughan himself due to the current performance of the WRs thus far.
I dont think so, because I don't think he can get 80% of the plays with 5 games already being played. I don't think he will make the probowl either.

Performance guarantees for this season (first year of contract) could vary - we don't have access to that information.
It doesn't work like that. If it did then they would tell Hill to make sure he gets the ball to him also so he hits those guarantees. Teams usually like to pay less, not more. He might be the best WR we have.

I'm happy with that combination. I wouldn't mind if we drafted a speedy WR in the later rounds though to help stretch the field a bit. I know Jason Hill runs a 4.3 or so, but I'm not really seeing that speed in the games.

thats because he is not playing in any games
  • NickV
  • Veteran

I think that battle and bruce may be gone next season and that will leave us with our young WR's. Crabs, Morgan, Jones and Hill
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:

thats because he is not playing in any games

That could be it too, but I did see him in games last year and didn't come away with the impression that he's a burner.