There are 177 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Alex Smith & Crabtree Chemistry

Originally posted by maximill15:
Originally posted by Mospeed:
If Alex ever leaves the Niners he's gonna turn into an elite QB in this league with his work ethic. He'll be as good or even better than Aaron Rodgers.

I know you haven't seen him play in two years, but is there where Alex Smith, because of his arm strength and the better physical tools, might be the better option at quarterback?

Cosell: "Well, I don't think Alex Smith has particularly good physical tools. Certainly, we know Shaun Hill has an average to below-average NFL arm. You're right, we haven't seen Alex Smith throw in two years, but the last time we did see him throw and even when he came out (of college), I'd say Alex Smith's arm strength was slightly better than average - nothing more. I'm always leery - I know he's a smart kid - but I don't know how much he's learned. I'm not there. When you play in the Urban Meyer offense, and I can tell you for a fact, that when Alex Smith went through his board work for teams coming out of the draft that he had zero clue about NFL route combinations, which is not surprising. Because in Urban Meyer's offense, nobody does. I'm not a big Alex Smith guy. I think he has limited skills and I think he's got limited understanding."

All I have to say is...Mike Johnson.
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Alex Smith To Crabs is beast full best idea for Hill to Mexico for s**t i care Touchdowns Galore in Texans

Crabtree beasts like Willis beasts but Crabs more than Willie in Texans too. Shaub not be able to see with his own eyes of 2 beasts.

  • B650
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,205
Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by maximill15:
Originally posted by Mospeed:
If Alex ever leaves the Niners he's gonna turn into an elite QB in this league with his work ethic. He'll be as good or even better than Aaron Rodgers.

I know you haven't seen him play in two years, but is there where Alex Smith, because of his arm strength and the better physical tools, might be the better option at quarterback?

Cosell: "Well, I don't think Alex Smith has particularly good physical tools. Certainly, we know Shaun Hill has an average to below-average NFL arm. You're right, we haven't seen Alex Smith throw in two years, but the last time we did see him throw and even when he came out (of college), I'd say Alex Smith's arm strength was slightly better than average - nothing more. I'm always leery - I know he's a smart kid - but I don't know how much he's learned. I'm not there. When you play in the Urban Meyer offense, and I can tell you for a fact, that when Alex Smith went through his board work for teams coming out of the draft that he had zero clue about NFL route combinations, which is not surprising. Because in Urban Meyer's offense, nobody does. I'm not a big Alex Smith guy. I think he has limited skills and I think he's got limited understanding."

All I have to say is...Mike Johnson.

Everyone would be saying the same thing about Aaron Rodgers right now if we drafted him. Nobody can do well if you give them our OL and keep changing OCs every year. Alex would be tearing it up in Green Bay. Welcome to the NFL. I feel bad for Alex.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Alex Smith To Crabs is beast full best idea for Hill to Mexico for s**t i care Touchdowns Galore in Texans

Crabtree beasts like Willis beasts but Crabs more than Willie in Texans too. Shaub not be able to see with his own eyes of 2 beasts.


WTF! I feel like I've lost my mind trying to read this...hahahhaaa
Originally posted by maximill15:
Originally posted by Mospeed:
If Alex ever leaves the Niners he's gonna turn into an elite QB in this league with his work ethic. He'll be as good or even better than Aaron Rodgers.

I know you haven't seen him play in two years, but is there where Alex Smith, because of his arm strength and the better physical tools, might be the better option at quarterback?

Cosell: "Well, I don't think Alex Smith has particularly good physical tools. Certainly, we know Shaun Hill has an average to below-average NFL arm. You're right, we haven't seen Alex Smith throw in two years, but the last time we did see him throw and even when he came out (of college), I'd say Alex Smith's arm strength was slightly better than average - nothing more. I'm always leery - I know he's a smart kid - but I don't know how much he's learned. I'm not there. When you play in the Urban Meyer offense, and I can tell you for a fact, that when Alex Smith went through his board work for teams coming out of the draft that he had zero clue about NFL route combinations, which is not surprising. Because in Urban Meyer's offense, nobody does. I'm not a big Alex Smith guy. I think he has limited skills and I think he's got limited understanding."

That was five years ago bro.
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by djfullshred:
Originally posted by Ether:
Originally posted by djfullshred:
Originally posted by Ether:
Alex practicing with Crabtree is terrible. Shaun Hill throws one of the weakest passes in the NFL, yet we have Smith with a very strong arm practicing with him... how's he gonna get used to catching floaters come gametime?

Well if this guy can't catch a floater thrown to him, the 49ers really f*cked up drafting him #10 overall, and going through all this hassle to sign him.

Think about the difference between the Defensive Back having time to make up ground when comparing floaters and strong passes.

Why should I waste time thinking about this? Alex Smith is not the starting QB for the 49ers. And if I were to think about it, I would start thinking about how Alex Smith is not very accurate and throws late behind the receiver too much, despite having a stronger arm.

To be honest when I think of the future, usually my thoughts about the 49ers finally having good QB play do not include Hill or Smith in them.

True, but Smith can be great. Hill never will be.

People forget that although Smith hasn't shown to be a great QB, he still has the potential to be one. He's missed 2 years due to injury. Eli Manning didn't look good his first 3 years. That's my take on it.

The 49ers need to find someone who just is downright good, and then they won't have to worry about endless projects with guys that are not good, but have "potential".
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Alex Smith To Crabs is beast full best idea for Hill to Mexico for s**t i care Touchdowns Galore in Texans

Crabtree beasts like Willis beasts but Crabs more than Willie in Texans too. Shaub not be able to see with his own eyes of 2 beasts.


WTF! I feel like I've lost my mind trying to read this...hahahhaaa

it clearly makes sense. Crabtree is like a monster in your closet but Willis is a closet beast. But some guy named willie lives in texas and is scared of beasts because Shaub has bad eye sight and is blind so he isn't afraid of monsters in his closet.
Originally posted by mississippi_sam:
Alex Smith stayed in town during the bye week to work with Crabtree. Does this establish some chemistry between the two? Does this help Smith's chances of getting some action this season? Does this build some chemistry between the two palyers?

I think it may. And getting away from the subject a tad, It shows that Alex wants to be there for sure. I'm just sayin that if the offense continues to stink it up with Gore back in the lineup, that Smith should get a shot to start at some point down the line this season.

Alex stayed in town because he lives in town... He had nowhere else to go..

That aside I would start Smith on Sunday, because Hill is not getting it done at all. He is a pie chucking, bar league QB, that has no business starting for an NFL team.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Originally posted by mississippi_sam:
Alex Smith stayed in town during the bye week to work with Crabtree. Does this establish some chemistry between the two? Does this help Smith's chances of getting some action this season? Does this build some chemistry between the two palyers?

I think it may. And getting away from the subject a tad, It shows that Alex wants to be there for sure. I'm just sayin that if the offense continues to stink it up with Gore back in the lineup, that Smith should get a shot to start at some point down the line this season.

Alex stayed in town because he lives in town... He had nowhere else to go..

That aside I would start Smith on Sunday, because Hill is not getting it done at all. He is a pie chucking, bar league QB, that has no business starting for an NFL team.

So because Smith is from Cali means that he couldn't use the time off and just relax? Sorry but I think that is an ignorant statement. Smith stayed behind because he has good work ethic and is doing what ever he can to try and get another chance at a starting job. If that means looking like a team player and helping out Crabtree to get caught up on the 4 passing plays in the play book.
Originally posted by susweel:
Chemistry is not made in a week.

been practicing for a while i remember during the holdout alex met with crabtree were a couple of links on this earlier this was before season started though
  • pd24
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,048
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by susweel:
Chemistry is not made in a week.

been practicing for a while i remember during the holdout alex met with crabtree were a couple of links on this earlier this was before season started though

Alex also let Crabtree bang his wife.
either way, shaun hill is starting next week. we should be concerned about his and crabtree's chemistry.

but if these two get good and develop a rapport within the next couple of weeks and shaun starts to struggle, AMEN. i just hope it works out as opposed to Alex to Crabtree is fire in practice and a dud in an actual game.
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Originally posted by mississippi_sam:
Alex Smith stayed in town during the bye week to work with Crabtree. Does this establish some chemistry between the two? Does this help Smith's chances of getting some action this season? Does this build some chemistry between the two palyers?

I think it may. And getting away from the subject a tad, It shows that Alex wants to be there for sure. I'm just sayin that if the offense continues to stink it up with Gore back in the lineup, that Smith should get a shot to start at some point down the line this season.

Alex stayed in town because he lives in town... He had nowhere else to go..

That aside I would start Smith on Sunday, because Hill is not getting it done at all. He is a pie chucking, bar league QB, that has no business starting for an NFL team.

So because Smith is from Cali means that he couldn't use the time off and just relax? Sorry but I think that is an ignorant statement. Smith stayed behind because he has good work ethic and is doing what ever he can to try and get another chance at a starting job. If that means looking like a team player and helping out Crabtree to get caught up on the 4 passing plays in the play book.

It was more a facitious statement than an ignorant one, I guess you couldn't pick up on the nuance of the post.. I guess I should have used a smiley.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Originally posted by mississippi_sam:
Alex Smith stayed in town during the bye week to work with Crabtree. Does this establish some chemistry between the two? Does this help Smith's chances of getting some action this season? Does this build some chemistry between the two palyers?

I think it may. And getting away from the subject a tad, It shows that Alex wants to be there for sure. I'm just sayin that if the offense continues to stink it up with Gore back in the lineup, that Smith should get a shot to start at some point down the line this season.

Alex stayed in town because he lives in town... He had nowhere else to go..

That aside I would start Smith on Sunday, because Hill is not getting it done at all. He is a pie chucking, bar league QB, that has no business starting for an NFL team.

So because Smith is from Cali means that he couldn't use the time off and just relax? Sorry but I think that is an ignorant statement. Smith stayed behind because he has good work ethic and is doing what ever he can to try and get another chance at a starting job. If that means looking like a team player and helping out Crabtree to get caught up on the 4 passing plays in the play book.

It was more a facitious statement than an ignorant one, I guess you couldn't pick up on the nuance of the post.. I guess I should have used a smiley.

LMFAO! The reason Smith stayed in town was because his WIFE is taking culinary classes and couldn't get away otherwise he would have left town too. Not because he has character, is a team player or great work ethic but because he had nothing better to do.
It was on MM's podcast a few days ago.
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Oct 19, 2009 at 6:16 PM ]