LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

Alex Smith & Crabtree Chemistry

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Hill throws (a dead duck) to Crabtree... INTERCEPTION!

Originally posted by mississippi_sam:
Alex Smith stayed in town during the bye week to work with Crabtree. Does this establish some chemistry between the two? Does this help Smith's chances of getting some action this season? Does this build some chemistry between the two palyers?

I think it may. And getting away from the subject a tad, It shows that Alex wants to be there for sure. I'm just sayin that if the offense continues to stink it up with Gore back in the lineup, that Smith should get a shot to start at some point down the line this season.

I think you are jumping the gun a little bit. AS is like the only player (or QB for that matter) that actually lives in the bay area... Would you leave that smoking hot wife alone for a few days?
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Chemistry is not made in a week.

+1
Originally posted by ads_2006:
FREE ALEX

Trade him for Josh Cribbs! (along with a first round DP)
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by rapid4:
Damon Bruce commented that if he were Shawn Hill, and he needed to get the offense going, he would damn well have stayed in town to throw to Crabtree.

I was thinking the same thing , Hill thinks he's played so well that his job is safe? What could be more important then getting this right , especially given the fact that he's not that good and has finally got a starting gig, very poor decision making on his part, like when it's 3rd and 12 and he dumps it off to a back or throws it in the dirt. Say what you want about Smith even if he sucks at least he's trying, doesn't mean much but it shows some freakin' character
Certainly won't hurt. But if Alex never plays...
One week isn't going to make a difference.
IMO Sing will make other O changes before he messes with the QB, That being said if Hill doesnt produce in the next few weeeks i can see Sing giving Smith a shot....
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
One week isn't going to make a difference.

You don't think it would have helped leading into Crabtrees first game?

Originally posted by jcs:

+1

+2
Originally posted by maximill15:
Originally posted by rapid4:
Damon Bruce commented that if he were Shawn Hill, and he needed to get the offense going, he would damn well have stayed in town to throw to Crabtree.

so shaun hill is supposed to sacrifice his only 3 day's off because of crabtree?? Please, getting a couple days to see family and clear your head, is prob more important that helping crabs, who wont do much this season anyway...

Right, let's just forget it until next year.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
FREE ALEX

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Uh oh. I worry about this thread.

You kind of asked the same question twice. But anyways..

Sure, it helps. I have to believe Crabs would have more chemistry with Smith than he's going to have with Hill, come Sunday. He's gotten no reps with Shaun.

I was gonna say the same thing. This goes all the way back to when Crab was drafted. I think even then he was only catching passes from Smith. And now once he's back, catching them from smith again. i'm not gettin all amped up, just something to notice, know what i mean.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Uh oh. I worry about this thread.

You kind of asked the same question twice. But anyways..

Sure, it helps. I have to believe Crabs would have more chemistry with Smith than he's going to have with Hill, come Sunday. He's gotten no reps with Shaun.

I'm interested to see who runs the 1st team in practice this week (today). If Shaun is there working with them or Crabs. Maybe even if MC gets any reps with the first team this week.
Share 49ersWebzone