There are 115 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What IF Martz was Still our OC ?

Originally posted by sacniner:
I think Martz did a good job towards the end of last year. I just wish he used the TEs more in his game plan. VD is one of our best players on offense and he wasn't utilized at all by Martz. If he made some tweaks to adjust to our personnel, I would rather have him than Raye.

Most fans wanted more 2 TE sets with Martz. Now we can't get out of the 2TE formation. 1 extreme to another
Originally posted by wolfpack52:
They should of kept Martz!!!! People keep saying, "Round peg, square hole." or "doesnt fit into the personality of the offense" THIS NINERS OFFENSE DOESNT HAVE PERSONALITY!!! All they have is one elite player, Gore. Davis is good. Staley is pretty good and will be great. Martz knows thats bums shouldnt be calling audibles or be very conservative. How the hell can they tell the league oh we are gonna be conservative on offense? Well why dont they just tell them what play there running. Martz knew that when you have one weapon that unfortunately you gotta use him to keep the defense honest. Could you imagine Crabtree in Martz's offense? Makes you wonder why would they draft a wr in run first offense with a terrible line. Big question is who is gonna be the OC next year or will singletary deny he made a mistake and stick with this clown. Maybe if he begs Martz will come back. Without him the niners are going to be one of the worst off in the league again. Oh and who cares if they didnt get along as long as your winning. Suck it up!! I gotta work with people I dont like but they help get the job done so who cares. OK Im done

They should of kept Martz!!!! People keep saying, "Round peg, square hole." or "doesnt fit into the personality of the offense" THIS NINERS OFFENSE DOESNT HAVE PERSONALITY!!! All they have is one elite player, Gore. Davis is good. Staley is pretty good and will be great. Martz knows thats bums shouldnt be calling audibles or be very conservative. How the hell can they tell the league oh we are gonna be conservative on offense? Well why dont they just tell them what play there running. Martz knew that when you have one weapon that unfortunately you gotta use him to keep the defense honest. Could you imagine Crabtree in Martz's offense? Makes you wonder why would they draft a wr in run first offense with a terrible line. Big question is who is gonna be the OC next year or will singletary deny he made a mistake and stick with this clown. Maybe if he begs Martz will come back. Without him the niners are going to be one of the worst off in the league again. Oh and who cares if they didnt get along as long as your winning. Suck it up!! I gotta work with people I dont like but they help get the job done so who cares. OK Im done

Exactly. I cant imagine what Martz would do with this WR core we have that Raye will never be able to do. My only argument for Raye is, so far he has been passing a bit more so I do feel he simply is opening up the playbook as each week goes along. A un-experienced new cook can't start making steaks right away because he will not know how to cook it right.
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Exactly. I cant imagine what Martz would do with this WR core we have that Raye will never be able to do. My only argument for Raye is, so far he has been passing a bit more so I do feel he simply is opening up the playbook as each week goes along. A un-experienced new cook can't start making steaks right away because he will not know how to cook it right.

If a new cook cant make steaks, then maybe he shouldnt have been a cook in the first place.
IF we had mike martz we'd all be complaining that we still have mike martz. i just don't understand this logic of thinking.

f**k jimmy raye tho, he sucks.
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Originally posted by backontop:
Things would be about the same. No OLine to block for runs or passes. It is sad to say it but our OLine has to be the worst in the league

and last year it was one of the best? nothing has changed from last year to this year, our oline is exactly as bad, even worse because of Martz absence, if that's even possible.

Can you read? I stated that things would be the same. Did I say that last year the OLine was the best?

Okay...you said that even with Martz as our OC this year, things would be about the same, right? (that's thread title)

But under Martz, with the same oline pretty much, and same offense, we moved the ball much more effectively last year than this year, so I think it's safe to assume that we would've been better, especially having the same OC for another year.
Originally posted by ZRF80:

If a new cook cant make steaks, then maybe he shouldnt have been a cook in the first place.

He can still be a cook but he's going be working the fryers for a bit due to un-experience&still learning the menu not to mention having a 60+ year old manager that is trying to run things the way he did 20 years ago. I'm ok with Hill just not cool,I rather have Alex go in with this record we have now to see if he can lead us to the playoffs. Worst case scenario is all talks of him will be put to rest because if you can't see what Hill brings to the table&cannot see he has limited potential you're simply being unreal to yourself as a fan
  • ZRF80

He can still be a cook but he's going be working the fryers for a bit due to un-experience&still learning the menu not to mention having a 60+ year old manager that is trying to run things the way he did 20 years ago. I'm ok with Hill just not cool,I rather have Alex go in with this record we have now to see if he can lead us to the playoffs. Worst case scenario is all talks of him will be put to rest because if you can't see what Hill brings to the table&cannot see he has limited potential you're simply being unreal to yourself as a fan

Then I guess the majority of Niner fans that still want Hill as starter are "unreal". I wish we were all as wise as you are, oh mighty fan............

Then I guess the majority of Niner fans that still want Hill as starter are "unreal". I wish we were all as wise as you are, oh mighty fan............

Great minds think alike so you're a might fan in my book too...as of right now haha but unfortunately stupid/boneheaded minds think alike too
We should have never hired Martz in the first place, it should have been Cam Cameron.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
We would probably be leading the league in turnovers, sacks, and be dead last in rushing.

We weren't dead last when Martz was here so how are we dead last if he was STILL here? I'm confused by the logic.

As for sacks allowed? Well this run-oriented offense is STILL tops at sacks allowed.
Here's something to consider...

So far this season, our defense has been the reason for our sucess. If the defense had to deal with the turnovers, and field position it did last year it would make it a little tougher on them.

Honestly, Martz was trying to fit a square peg into a round hole with the personell he had. That being said, Jimmy Raye is doing the same thing, at the other end of the spectrum. His conservative style is causing alot of three and outs, and there does not seem to be alot of creativity in the playcalling.

Personally, I think a coordinator with a balanced attack style would be just what the doctor ordered for the offense.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
We would probably be leading the league in turnovers, sacks, and be dead last in rushing.

We weren't dead last when Martz was here so how are we dead last if he was STILL here? I'm confused by the logic.

As for sacks allowed? Well this run-oriented offense is STILL tops at sacks allowed.

Ya, that's a real head scratcher alright.
[ Edited by TheG0RE49er on Oct 18, 2009 at 5:53 PM ]
Bring back Norv when he gets canned at the end of the season....
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home