LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 299 users in the forums

The 2nd worst offensive line in football

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Interesting stats in this article by Football Outsiders. It shows the Ninets to have the 2nd worst line in football better than only the Chiefs:

http://footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

This has to be the top priority for the Niners next year. I think the team has to draft an OT with the first pick, and an OG with the 2nd round pick.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
If we are able to get Okung, would you think the 49ers would move Staley back to RT?
This is probably the worst 49ers offensive line I have ever seen in the 22 years I've been a fan. I remember saying the same thing in '04. Then in '05. Then in '07. Then in '08. Evidently the front office thinks offensive line is a luxury item the team can do without just like a pass rush and a competent quarterback.
Originally posted by GEEK:
If we are able to get Okung, would you think the 49ers would move Staley back to RT?

no staley would still be LT okung is RT
Nowai!

Bills also have an awful oline, the Steelers and Cards sure don't have a better oline than ours, it's pretty bad, but not top 3, more like somewhere around 6-9.
This is what happens when you go out and draft a flash in the pan WR instead of building a solid foundation and getting a OL. 9ers only have 3 wr with rec. Next year it will happen again
raiders have a better line? ha. i doubt that.
I was very happy with the Crabtree pick, but Michael Oher would have been a huge pickup. As a group, they are going to have to play better, and the O-line is going to have to be addressed in the off-season and in the upcoming draft.
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
This is probably the worst 49ers offensive line I have ever seen in the 22 years I've been a fan. I remember saying the same thing in '04. Then in '05. Then in '07. Then in '08. Evidently the front office thinks offensive line is a luxury item the team can do without just like a pass rush and a competent quarterback.

hahah this post pretty much wraps up every problem this franchise has had within the past 7 years.
Rams Raiders and Bills have worse lines but the niners are bottom 5. Even with great D and a few weapons on O you cant be better then average with a bottom5 O-line. Oher would of been better for the 9er this year even if Crabtree showed up on time. They were just trying to sell jerseys. 9ers will do it again next year.

Crappy oline play coupled with a well below average QB= 2nd worst offense.
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Nowai!

Bills also have an awful oline, the Steelers and Cards sure don't have a better oline than ours, it's pretty bad, but not top 3, more like somewhere around 6-9.

Stats dont lie. This team has had the worst line play that I can remember as a fan. Take away 2 runs by Gore against Seattle and the results are just pathetic over a 5 game stretch. Whether they are the worst or top 5 isnt the point. What is the point is this group is not going to get it done and they need to use next years draft to get some players who can actually block.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by GEEK:

no staley would still be LT okung is RT

agree we gave staley a 7 year contract ext and just moved him to LT. IMO we will not move Staley no matter who we get.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Interesting stats in this article by Football Outsiders. It shows the Ninets to have the 2nd worst line in football better than only the Chiefs:

http://footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

This has to be the top priority for the Niners next year. I think the team has to draft an OT with the first pick, and an OG with the 2nd round pick.

I agree 100%

This will be more important than the QB and pass rusher positions

It should've been a top priority this year

They cannot go into next years draft with the same mentality of drafting the best player available unless they are able to address the problem through FA also.
Originally posted by amir_tn80:

Yep, it's frustrating to watch them avoid this problem in the draft year after year.
Share 49ersWebzone