There are 264 users in the forums

The Niner Fan's Playbook

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Until Davis learns how to break tackles I don't want him doing reverses, although he does have the speed..

This is a good point. Dude falls over on contact. Frustrating.

Originally posted by cNiner:
Hill roll right play action to gore than throw it across the field left to VD ! like VD's first ever TD vs Arizona

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Until Davis learns how to break tackles I don't want him doing reverses, although he does have the speed..

Originally posted by cNiner:
Hill roll right play action to gore than throw it across the field left to VD ! like VD's first ever TD vs Arizona

AWESOME

Run the double wing with Robinson/Battle/Spurlock taking the snap as tailback. Morgan and Crabtree in as wingbacks. Norris in at FB. Davis and walker at TE...you get the idea.

Snap to robinson, the tackles block down along with morgan and norris. D-Love sneaks out in the flats on the other side of the play, and robinson either finds a hole or an outlet on the other side of the field.
Originally posted by 49erislander:
Let's see what plays this site can come up with to help the niners get creative and then let's see what they run as the season progresses shall we? It's all up to you to get as elaborate or as simple as you want.

We already know the Dives down the middle.
Sweeps and Quick Pitches
Counters and Misdirections (much like the wild taser)
Reverses (I'd like to see VD run this one)

Passes need to be geared to a QB with a short-ranged arm!

Slants
Quick Hitches
Short Posts
Timing passes
Safety valves
Buttercup plays
Quick TE dumps between the LB's
Drag plays to take advantage of the blitzes

Anyone have any ideas?

If we trashed everything we have, and adjusted some sort of playbook to what you have listed, I would be content. I feel like Raye is never making adjustments during the game to account for teams stacking the box. Some mentioned that VD running the reverse is scary bad, but if I remember correctly, didn't Vernon pick up a few first downs on that play last year?

He falls over on contact? I have seen it take 3 or 4 defenders to bring him down. And even then he is still fighting for more yards
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:

pass 1 used to be my fav.
we def need to find a way to feature vd more
Originally posted by matt49er:
we def need to find a way to feature vd more

How about throwing him the ball more
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AkNiners:

Run the double wing with Robinson/Battle/Spurlock taking the snap as tailback. Morgan and Crabtree in as wingbacks. Norris in at FB. Davis and walker at TE...you get the idea.

Snap to robinson, the tackles block down along with morgan and norris. D-Love sneaks out in the flats on the other side of the play, and robinson either finds a hole or an outlet on the other side of the field.

At least this solves the QB debate.
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by AkNiners:

At least this solves the QB debate.

Hell with Gore/Westbrook/Dixon it's not the worst idea in the world. If this is the kind of black magic witchcraft we need to use to beat Kansas City at Arrowhead, I'm all for it!!

Share 49ersWebzone