LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 209 users in the forums

This team WON'T make the playoffs.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Houston is playing alot better, their going to be a tough opponent at home.
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Im sorry, but 9-7 to 10-6 is still possible.

ARZ and SEA arent that good.

And Houston sucks, we should beat them easily.

Houston sucks, really? Based on what? Because they are an improving team with young talent in several key areas? Because they have one of the best WR's that has come around in years - AND they can actually manage to get the ball into his hands? In comparison, their RUNNING BACK has more catches than ANY of the 49ers WR's.

If Roddy White can put up 210 yards against the 49ers - then Andre Johnson might have a shot at the NFL single game record.

Um, we've already faced a better passing attack than Houston. Twice in fact (Arizona and Minny). People kill me with all this doom and gloom after ONE loss.

It's simply mind blowing how easily the winds change around here. We get beaten ONE TIME (soundly), and suddenly we suck and aren't capable of competing with anyone? Are you guys for real? So called "fans" here have absolutely no spine whatsoever.

One can only wonder what you guys (I'm assuming you're all guys) are like in real life. I can see it now:

-O MY GOD SHE WON'T GO OUT WITH ME!!! I MIGHT AS WELL BE GAY!!!!!

-O MY GOD I DIDN'T GET THE JOB!!!! I MIGHT AS WELL NEVER APPLY FOR ONE AGAIN!!!!

-IT'S RAINING TODAY!!! IT'S A SIGN!!! ALL IS LOST!!!!!!!!

Grow a pair man. We're just FIVE games in, and hate it or love it we have a WINNING record as of right now. So until that changes, stop crying about what COULD happen.

We very well may not be an elite team but why don't you hold off until ALL the games have actually been played before passing judgment?

Sheesh
[ Edited by baltien on Oct 19, 2009 at 7:11 AM ]
Originally posted by baltien:

Houston sucks, really? Based on what? Because they are an improving team with young talent in several key areas? Because they have one of the best WR's that has come around in years - AND they can actually manage to get the ball into his hands? In comparison, their RUNNING BACK has more catches than ANY of the 49ers WR's.

If Roddy White can put up 210 yards against the 49ers - then Andre Johnson might have a shot at the NFL single game record.

Um, we've already faced a better passing attack than Houston. Twice in fact (Arizona and Minny). People kill me with all this doom and gloom after ONE loss.

It's simply mind blowing how easily the winds change around here. We get beaten ONE TIME (soundly), and suddenly we suck and aren't capable of competing with anyone? Are you guys for real? So called "fans" here have absolutely no spine whatsoever.

One can only wonder what you guys (I'm assuming you're all guys) are like in real life. I can see it now:

-O MY GOD I DIDN'T GET THE JOB!!!! I MIGHT AS WELL NEVER APPLY FOR ONE AGAIN!!!!

Grow a pair man. We're just FIVE games in, and hate it or love it we have a WINNING record as of right now. So until that changes, stop crying about what COULD happen.

We very well may not be an elite team but why don't you hold off until ALL the games have actually been played before passing judgment?

Sheesh

Did you actually read the post? Or just naturally over-react when you see any negative comments? Reading AND comprehension - they actually do go together. The poster said HOUSTON sucks and we would beat them easily. I only pointed out how Houston doesn't suck. As far as "better" passing attack Minnesota/Arizona Vs. Houston, overall you're right - they are better. But this has to do with MATCH-UPS, and if we have trouble covering Roddy White, then we will struggle against Andre Johnson.

Grow a pair? Why because I've been saying the same things all seaon regardless of a win or loss? How is that not having a spine? You think that the way this offense plays is GOOD, just because we win?

Sheesh

Did you actually read the post? Or just naturally over-react when you see any negative comments? Reading AND comprehension - they actually do go together. The poster said HOUSTON sucks and we would beat them easily. I only pointed out how Houston doesn't suck. As far as "better" passing attack Minnesota/Arizona Vs. Houston, overall you're right - they are better. But this has to do with MATCH-UPS, and if we have trouble covering Roddy White, then we will struggle against Andre Johnson.

Grow a pair? Why because I've been saying the same things all seaon regardless of a win or loss? How is that not having a spine? You think that the way this offense plays is GOOD, just because we win?

Yes, grow a pair. And since you're the resident expert on reading comprehension, you should have little difficulty understanding the part that inspired my post.

To help assist you, I've taken the liberty of bolding it.

Sheesh

Now this maybe should be how it is, but like most of our fans, it's not really being real. We are 3-2 no doubt, then it comes down too, individual standards, and you cant knock a fan for that. If you have one fan that says hey we have a winning record, and thats all that matters. Then you have another that says we have a winning record, but it's a smoke screen because of the teams we beat. Now are either fans wrong. In my opinion NO. One has his mindset that if we win who cares, and another feels that yes we are winning, but is it more of a plore or smoke screen and when we actually play good teams we lose. Which so far this year in 5 games is fact. That favre pass against us many say was just luck, but you look yesterday, and he had almost the same type of play, and completed it.

I say dont knock a fan, if they want to look at our team with a little more reality, than another fan. And vice versa. I say if we lose 2 of the next 3 games, then we press the panic button, because it means we'd be 4-4 with still tough games ahead.

Sheesh

Yes, grow a pair. And since you're the resident expert on reading comprehension, you should have little difficulty understanding the part that inspired my post.

Again, it's about MATCH-UPS. Watch a few football games and you'll see, that some teams match up well against some, but not others. Andre Johnson is faster than Boldin, Fitz, or Roddy White. We don't have the speed to cover him deep. Plus he's strong enough to beat the press.
as long as ray calling the plays we are not making the playoffs and you can take that to the bank !
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
prove it

Sheesh

Again, it's about MATCH-UPS. Watch a few football games and you'll see, that some teams match up well against some, but not others. Andre Johnson is faster than Boldin, Fitz, or Roddy White. We don't have the speed to cover him deep. Plus he's strong enough to beat the press.

...All of which I'm sure will be taken into account when scheming to defend him. And our loss to Atlanta aside, I like our defense's chances. Sorry, but I'm just not buying this "we're too slow" line. Up until last week we were plenty fast against everyone else. And I'm normally not one to argue opinions but I stand by that Roddy White didn''t really burn anyone in the Atlanta game:

-His first TD of 31 yards came because of blown coverage. The corner (Nate?) was playing underneath in zone, and I don't recall who the safety was, but he was grossly out of position.

Roddy just runs by the zone, into an empty space in the end zone. Easy TD.

-His second TD came because of poor technique on the part of Clements. It was a quick pass out to the flat, and Nate was actually in good position. He made the mistake of swatting for the ball, and missed it. White catches it, and takes it up the field.

(If you look at the replay, you'll see Nate actually had a hand on White, so he should have made the tackle).

En route to the endzone, he most certainly scorched Roman (who took a VERY bad angle) but as I said in another post it's been known since Roman got here he's dog slow. So no real surprise there.

Anyway, had Nate wrapped White up like he should have this play would've never happened.

-White had another big catch of about 25 yards in the 3rd quarter (I think) because of yet again, a poor play by Goldson. Goldson like Nate had good position but (yet again) went to make a break on the ball, failing miserably.

White catches it, and is immediately tackled at the San Fran 1 yard line.

These were three ENTIRELY preventable catches (for a combined 146 yards) that happened because of piss poor technique. Not because we got burned. Save the first TD, our guys were in position. Sing even alluded to such in the post game interview saying that our defense gambled way too much, rather than staying in their assignments.

But that's not to take anything away from Atlanta because they did a damn good job of capitalizing on it.

I expect us to come out in Houston back in form.
[ Edited by baltien on Oct 19, 2009 at 8:42 AM ]
This team SHOULD make the playoffs. Look, we play tennesee, Jacksonville and Detriot at home, and should be wins. We continue the sweep of the west, that gives us 3 more wins. Thats a very believable 9-7 or even 10-6, and holding all tiebreakers. Arizona is our only threat, but hopefully we are back to owning them. This would be a huge step after a long hiatus from post season play. How far we get in the playoffs will depend on who we are at that time.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Although this team is improved in some categories it is still a rebuilding project in many and very overrated on the WZ IMO. Let's look at the games and schedule for starters. Then we will look at other issues effecting this team. The reasons why we aren't a playoff caliber team I state below at the bottom of the post.

1) Cardinals (WIN) - they were missing key players at the time they played us and will be tougher next time.

2) Seahawks (WIN) - A very poor team this year and some key injuries.

3) Vikings (LOSS) - An elite team and they beat us. Say what you want about playing almost good enough. They beat us.

4) Rams (WIN) - When and NFL team plays a college team you are supposed to win.

5) Falcons (BIG LOSS) - A very good team beat us soundly in every aspect of the game.

6) At Texans - (loss).
7) At Colts - (big loss).
8) Titans (win).
9) Bears (loss). Cutler vs. Hill...
10) At Packers (loss).
11) Jaguars (win).
12) At Seattle (loss). They will play better at home.
13) Cardinals (loss). Getting some key players back now.
14) At Eagles (big loss).
15) Lions (win).
16) At Rams (win). You are supposed to beat college teams.

7 - 9 is what we are looking at as a best case scenario.

Also look at these things.

~ A playoff team doesn't have 4 / 5 Offensive linemen who can't block. Please show me the last playoff team that has this....

~ Inconsistent pass rush.

~ Bottom ranked offense. Show me an offense ranked this low that makes the playoffs. There is no ability to pass or come from behind. Thus there is very little ability to win against good teams.

~ Lack of GAME BREAKING SPEED. Good teams have game breakers like the Vikings, Saints or Falcons for example in the NFC. They have guys who can take it to the endzone. We have guys who get caught from behind in the open field.

~ Very questionable game day decisions by the coach. Calling a timeout to give a pep rally at the NFL level. I mean come on.... That cost us when Delanies fumble that wasn't a fumble could have been overturned. That's not playoff worthy. Bill Walsh or Jimmy Johnson would never make a move like that.

Singletary as a motivator 10/10 - no questions.
Singletary's game day decisions 4/10.

That doesn't get you deep in the playoffs.

~ A QB that throws a pass like a punt and can't come from behind. Can only "manage" the game to a win if you are up. But will lose if you are down.

Another overrated year. 49ers fans are hungy for a winning program but these factors make us still a rebuilding team. Playoff teams don't have this many holes. Just watch the playoffs the last few years. They don't have this many problems.

ok dude get out of the boards
Share 49ersWebzone