There are 147 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

This team WON'T make the playoffs.

What pessimists, 49ers will make the playoffs.
We got to win our division just like ARI to get in. we have identical records but we are up in division play. my goal this year was for us to contend for and win this division. we are were we need to be as far as standings at 3-2 and 3-0 division. we just dont need to lose ground to ARI any further. we gonna whip their a**es in the stick and i think we win this division unless ARI has a much better win - loss record outside the division than us. with a pass happy geriatric qb and mediocre running game i dont see them getting it done. that offense will lead to turnovers. we punked them in their house and i dont wanna hear no hangover excuse, they knew it was a season opening division game just like us and they couldnt do a da*n thing about it. so now aint the time for the gloom and doom. every sunday is an opportunity for us to win a game and get better
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Although this team is improved in some categories it is still a rebuilding project in many and very overrated on the WZ IMO. Let's look at the games and schedule for starters. Then we will look at other issues effecting this team. The reasons why we aren't a playoff caliber team I state below at the bottom of the post.

1) Cardinals (WIN) - they were missing key players at the time they played us and will be tougher next time.

2) Seahawks (WIN) - A very poor team this year and some key injuries.

3) Vikings (LOSS) - An elite team and they beat us. Say what you want about playing almost good enough. They beat us.

4) Rams (WIN) - When and NFL team plays a college team you are supposed to win.

5) Falcons (BIG LOSS) - A very good team beat us soundly in every aspect of the game.

6) At Texans - (loss).
7) At Colts - (big loss).
8) Titans (win).
9) Bears (loss). Cutler vs. Hill...
10) At Packers (loss).
11) Jaguars (win).
12) At Seattle (loss). They will play better at home.
13) Cardinals (loss). Getting some key players back now.
14) At Eagles (big loss).
15) Lions (win).
16) At Rams (win). You are supposed to beat college teams.

7 - 9 is what we are looking at as a best case scenario.

Also look at these things.

~ A playoff team doesn't have 4 / 5 Offensive linemen who can't block. Please show me the last playoff team that has this....

~ Inconsistent pass rush.

~ Bottom ranked offense. Show me an offense ranked this low that makes the playoffs. There is no ability to pass or come from behind. Thus there is very little ability to win against good teams.

~ Lack of GAME BREAKING SPEED. Good teams have game breakers like the Vikings, Saints or Falcons for example in the NFC. They have guys who can take it to the endzone. We have guys who get caught from behind in the open field.

~ Very questionable game day decisions by the coach. Calling a timeout to give a pep rally at the NFL level. I mean come on.... That cost us when Delanies fumble that wasn't a fumble could have been overturned. That's not playoff worthy. Bill Walsh or Jimmy Johnson would never make a move like that.

Singletary as a motivator 10/10 - no questions.
Singletary's game day decisions 4/10.

That doesn't get you deep in the playoffs.

~ A QB that throws a pass like a punt and can't come from behind. Can only "manage" the game to a win if you are up. But will lose if you are down.

Another overrated year. 49ers fans are hungy for a winning program but these factors make us still a rebuilding team. Playoff teams don't have this many holes. Just watch the playoffs the last few years. They don't have this many problems.

I think 9-7 is actually the best case scenario...6-10 or 7-9 if the offense continues to be inept as it has, which is not enough to win the division or make the playoffs. Singletary needs to make SIGNIFICANT changes on the offense - changing the starting right guard is not enough. In addition, if they can't get the QBs, it's going to be a long season.
i agree....i think we saw the real team against atl.
They only thing I can for sure disagree with is the Seahawks - Tatupu is out for the season and theirr oline has been decimated by injuries - We win that game and I think we can win the game against the Jags to put us at 9-7 but the Cardinals are getting their groove back and this upcoming Texans game has me worried I think the team plays well but if this game doesn't prove once and for all that in a QB driven league you just can't win with a game managing scrub of a QB like Hill I don't know what will...

Love to be proven wrong though
Originally posted by 5timechamps:

that game was a wake up call...as much as i liked the wins and thought this was the year....atl exposed alot of flaws that this team needs to work on before it even contends with the colts and the saints teams.....the team lacks talent...too many over achievers in key positions...ummm one being QB
Originally posted by ninerfreak:

that game was a wake up call...as much as i liked the wins and thought this was the year....atl exposed alot of flaws that this team needs to work on before it even contends with the colts and the saints teams.....the team lacks talent...too many over achievers in key positions...ummm one being QB

It's all over achievers playing way over their head based on Singletary motivational speeches. That only lasts so long. At some point the true talent level or lack of plays out.
There are still eleven more games to go, so I wouldn't write them off just yet. It's going to be a tough road, but thank God for the weak NFC West Division.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by ninerfreak:

It's all over achievers playing way over their head based on Singletary motivational speeches. That only lasts so long. At some point the true talent level or lack of plays out.

Of course! That is it!

• BobS
  • Veteran
Why is it that people that make predictions of 7-9 to 9-7 get put down as not being "real fans"? So to be a "real fan" you have to believe this team is way better than it is?
This team has more holes than your average 5 pound block of swiss cheese.
I am wondering where the people still predicting 10-6 and higher come from. My best explanation is that you haven't paid close attention to what a 10 win and up team really looks like. We have the #29 offense and the #17 defense. Our opponents so far have a combined record of 15-13, and we have played 3 home and 2 away games.
Something tells me that equals mediocre at best. Houston went into Cincinnati and beat the Bengals 28-17, so I don't see how we beat them in their house. Then we play the Colts. I see a 95% chance of being 3-4, I guess I am not a "real fan". I hope I am wrong about 3-4, so I can be a non-fan and incorrect at the same time.
Originally posted by BobS:
Why is it that people that make predictions of 7-9 to 9-7 get put down as not being "real fans"? So to be a "real fan" you have to believe this team is way better than it is?
This team has more holes than your average 5 pound block of swiss cheese.
I am wondering where the people still predicting 10-6 and higher come from. My best explanation is that you haven't paid close attention to what a 10 win and up team really looks like. We have the #29 offense and the #17 defense. Our opponents so far have a combined record of 15-13, and we have played 3 home and 2 away games.
Something tells me that equals mediocre at best. Houston went into Cincinnati and beat the Bengals 28-17, so I don't see how we beat them in their house. Then we play the Colts. I see a 95% chance of being 3-4, I guess I am not a "real fan". I hope I am wrong about 3-4, so I can be a non-fan and incorrect at the same time.

okay psychic warrior.
yes we will
[ Edited by King49er on Oct 18, 2009 at 10:20 PM ]
Originally posted by King49er:
yes we will
yes we will