There are 162 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

This team WON'T make the playoffs.

• vrock49151
  • Info N/A
call yourself a niner fan WE WANT WINNERS hit the bowl again
...says, "POONTANG INA MO!" 2 all the pu$$y-a$$ "fans"!
Originally posted by Dem9erboyz:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Although this team is improved in some categories it is still a rebuilding project in many and very overrated on the WZ IMO. Let's look at the games and schedule for starters. Then we will look at other issues effecting this team. The reasons why we aren't a playoff caliber team I state below at the bottom of the post.

1) Cardinals (WIN) - they were missing key players at the time they played us and will be tougher next time.

2) Seahawks (WIN) - A very poor team this year and some key injuries.

3) Vikings (LOSS) - An elite team and they beat us. Say what you want about playing almost good enough. They beat us.

4) Rams (WIN) - When and NFL team plays a college team you are supposed to win.

5) Falcons (BIG LOSS) - A very good team beat us soundly in every aspect of the game.

6) At Texans - (loss).
7) At Colts - (big loss).
8) Titans (win).
9) Bears (loss). Cutler vs. Hill...
10) At Packers (loss).
11) Jaguars (win).
12) At Seattle (loss). They will play better at home.
13) Cardinals (loss). Getting some key players back now.
14) At Eagles (big loss).
15) Lions (win).
16) At Rams (win). You are supposed to beat college teams.

7 - 9 is what we are looking at as a best case scenario.

Also look at these things.

~ A playoff team doesn't have 4 / 5 Offensive linemen who can't block. Please show me the last playoff team that has this....

~ Inconsistent pass rush.

~ Bottom ranked offense. Show me an offense ranked this low that makes the playoffs. There is no ability to pass or come from behind. Thus there is very little ability to win against good teams.

~ Lack of GAME BREAKING SPEED. Good teams have game breakers like the Vikings, Saints or Falcons for example in the NFC. They have guys who can take it to the endzone. We have guys who get caught from behind in the open field.

~ Very questionable game day decisions by the coach. Calling a timeout to give a pep rally at the NFL level. I mean come on.... That cost us when Delanies fumble that wasn't a fumble could have been overturned. That's not playoff worthy. Bill Walsh or Jimmy Johnson would never make a move like that.

Singletary as a motivator 10/10 - no questions.
Singletary's game day decisions 4/10.

That doesn't get you deep in the playoffs.

~ A QB that throws a pass like a punt and can't come from behind. Can only "manage" the game to a win if you are up. But will lose if you are down.

Another overrated year. 49ers fans are hungy for a winning program but these factors make us still a rebuilding team. Playoff teams don't have this many holes. Just watch the playoffs the last few years. They don't have this many problems.

The Super Bowl Champs Pittsburgh Steelers. They gave up a lot of sacks the last 3 years!

Exactly. Not all but some of our fans act like we are the only team in the league with a horrible o-line. That aint the case, the difference is that the others team QB's make the plays when they are given them. Hill's actually been ok so far, however, he is also responsible for the passing game, and not just the O-line. Other teams have an Oline and still produce in the passing game. We dont produce as much as we should and it's all on the Oline, yeah right. What hypocrite's sometimes. I say dont knock the guy completely and say he hasnt produced anything, but be realistic about what he actually has produced.
Will any of you apologize to him if we finish the year 7-9? Having realistic (although slightly pessimistic) expectations for the coming games makes him no less a fan than you. You're allowed to say your team will lose. It doesn't make you any less of a fan.
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Will any of you apologize to him if we finish the year 7-9? Having realistic (although slightly pessimistic) expectations for the coming games makes him no less a fan than you. You're allowed to say your team will lose. It doesn't make you any less of a fan.

You know, i used to say that as a fan, you should be able to have an opinion, support it with your mindset and not be crucified because of it. But in the zone, like i tell the kids i work with, Common sense is not so common. If you dont believe in the smoke and mirrors, and think we are ok, but have a long way to go, it doesnt mean you dont support your team. A true fan is when your following the team when we are where we are now, and if we were 2-14. I just say we shouldnt knock a brotha, if he doesnt buy all into the hype of what some of our fans are painting our team to be.
  • NinersCluebat
  • Info N/A

Ditto.

At the start of the season I predicted in the poll a six win season. Coaching makes all the difference in the NFL and we do not have the coaches to make the difference. Sing is a great guy, but he is not an Xs and Os type of coach. I was on-board hesitantly at his hiring bc I am a Niners fan, but when he hired Jimmy freakin Raye as OC I knew we were in trouble.
I am rapidly beginnning to think we need to clean house, fire everyone from the assistants on up to the GM and give our players a chance to start winning.
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
I think, whether this squad makes the playoffs or not, will be decided over the course of the next four games.

If the Niners improve with every passing game, as they had been before the Atlanta blowout, then we're going to beat some teams that people will not expect us to beat (Indy, Philly, etc.).

However, there is an equal chance that we could go in the other direction.

Time will tell.

I'm not all doom and gloom like the poster who started this thread, but I'm no rah-rah guy either. I think I predicted a 4-12 finish for this team. Obviously, I was way off that mark. They've played better than expected.

What I want to know is this: What was the Atlanta game? A true measuring stick of how far the team has come and how far it has to go? A one game flop and nothing more?

Time will tell.

I am pretty much the same, I had a 7-9 prediction with the caveat that I am much more open to the notion I am underestimating them and not overestimating them.

The other caveat is regardless of how I rank the Niners, I also don't think too highly of anyone else within the division so there is always that too

The division is terribly weak and that does give us the one chance we have to win it.

This division is a laughing stock. We came out playing well over our heads against division "competition" that hadn't even hit their below mediocre stride yet. We're coming back to down Earth now. It was inevitable. The glaring weaknesses in talent and coaching were going to be exposed. The motivational speeches were going to start falling on deaf ears. You have to be more than a one trick pony in this league to win. Sing can scream that this is going to be "special" all he wants, but he's not going to be able to convince many for very long that riding the short bus is the way to success.
Originally posted by singfan:
I think, whether this squad makes the playoffs or not, will be decided over the course of the next four games.

If the Niners improve with every passing game, as they had been before the Atlanta blowout, then we're going to beat some teams that people will not expect us to beat (Indy, Philly, etc.).

Time will tell.

I'm not all doom and gloom like the poster who started this thread, but I'm no rah-rah guy either. I think I predicted a 4-12 finish for this team. Obviously, I was way off that mark. They've played better than expected.

What I want to know is this: What was the Atlanta game? A true measuring stick of how far the team has come and how far it has to go? A one game flop and nothing more?

Time will tell.

I am pretty much the same, I had a 7-9 prediction with the caveat that I am much more open to the notion I am underestimating them and not overestimating them.

The other caveat is regardless of how I rank the Niners, I also don't think too highly of anyone else within the division so there is always that too

The division is terribly weak and that does give us the one chance we have to win it.

This division is a laughing stock. We came out playing well over our heads against division "competition" that hadn't even hit their below mediocre stride yet. We're coming back to down Earth now. It was inevitable. The glaring weaknesses in talent and coaching were going to be exposed. The motivational speeches were going to start falling on deaf ears. You have to be more than a one trick pony in this league to win. Sing can scream that this is going to be "special" all he wants, but he's not going to be able to convince many for very long that riding the short bus is the way to success.

I still think it's too early to tell how the season will develop. I'm not sure if that Vikings game is a good way to gauge our talent, since I'm not convinced they're a top team. I still think we win the division (big whoop), but we have a long way to go to be a legit playoff threat. Then again, it's also possible we could sneak out a win in the playoffs.
  • Blackgoat49ers5
  • Info N/A
thanks man i don't have to worry about the rest of the season anymore

Time will tell.

Time will tell.

I'll tell you what I think that Atlanta game was. It was the one game this year our rookie 1st year head coach actually backed off the pressure he constantly puts on this team to play over their heads. You really have to pull the reigns off sometime or another, but we are not ready yet. It was obvious we were slow out there, which is something that goes with a little cockiness, and underestimating their intensity after their bye week. We are better than this, and it would be pretty hard to call a rally in the first quarter to try and change our mindset. It was a combo of their best play versus our worst play. It happens all the time in the NFL. I bet if we played them again tomarrow, the score and gameplay would be different. I see us winning our next game big time. Lets remember this game after we clinch the west.
Never say never.

the problem is he is only coming out of his hole cuz the team lost. and agian he said we would go 1-15
i hate all these negative threads! why give up on your team after 5 games? the 9ers still lead the division man.
SanDiego49er ------ You have come a long way from your very pessimistic start of the year ------ what was it 2-14 or something. I'm sticking with my original 8-8 or 9-7 predictions.

Our OLine just plains sucks and I don't think it matters very much who the QB is or maybe who is running at RB with this line. Singletary has identified the OLine problem now he just needs to find an answer to it and the 3rd down conversions.

I would never say the team won't make the playoffs but I would concede that it will be tough and I don't take the Cardinals or Seahawks for granted at this point they are just behind us and working on improving themselves in the process. We need to realize those weekly improvements ourselves that Singletary has been stressing especially on offense. Unfortunately going by the past I realize this team could also possibly falter a bit. Maybe maybe not. Right now I just want to see the OLine play improve and see more 3rd down conversions.
Even with all the hype behind this season, I didn't really expect this to be a big playoff year, 2010 has been the year I've pinned as the year things finally start coming together since the end of last April.

Sing (being an inexperienced rookie coach) stuck with the same talent/coaches he had inherited from Nolan with the same problems, and for the reason that he could see what he could do with this talent. Now that he knows what he's getting, I get the feeling Sing/Scot will be making some big off-season moves, doing a long overdue rebuild in which we've needed for quite some time.

Honestly, I don't see 50% of that o-line starting/being on the team after this season.