There are 78 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

This team WON'T make the playoffs.

Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
We don't lose Gore and we're 4-1 right now, and who knows, maybe the Falcons game turns out alot different? The Falcons are a good to elite team and had two weeks to prepare for a team without its main offensive weapon. Our passing offense didn't have a chance against that kind of situation.

Once we get Gore back teams can't gameplan the same, and we will do much better than we have, count on it.

But all teams deal with key injuries, and at this point you would have to categorize Gore as injury prone(which is why he was available in the 3rd)....so a proper ranking of the Niners should assume Gore missing some action.

Gore is our offense in rushing and receiving. Gire to us is like Peyton Manning to the Colts. He's a huge loss in terms of our offense and in terms of the opposition gameplanning against us.
I like how you point out our flaws and act like no other team has any and that is why we will lose.
You sound like a raider fan. We WILL make the playoffs. Negative nancy in the house, and her name is SanDiego49er
I expected this from a noob but I expect a more level head from you
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
We don't lose Gore and we're 4-1 right now, and who knows, maybe the Falcons game turns out alot different? The Falcons are a good to elite team and had two weeks to prepare for a team without its main offensive weapon. Our passing offense didn't have a chance against that kind of situation.

Once we get Gore back teams can't gameplan the same, and we will do much better than we have, count on it.

But all teams deal with key injuries, and at this point you would have to categorize Gore as injury prone(which is why he was available in the 3rd)....so a proper ranking of the Niners should assume Gore missing some action.

Gore is our offense in rushing and receiving. Gire to us is like Peyton Manning to the Colts. He's a huge loss in terms of our offense and in terms of the opposition gameplanning against us.

That is my point exactly. The Colts center themselves around someone who almost never gets injured. The Niners center themselves around someone you can expect to get injured. In my eyes that is an argument AGAINST the Niners, not in support of them
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Although this team is improved in some categories it is still a rebuilding project in many and very overrated on the WZ IMO. Let's look at the games and schedule for starters. Then we will look at other issues effecting this team. The reasons why we aren't a playoff caliber team I state below at the bottom of the post.

1) Cardinals (WIN) - they were missing key players at the time they played us and will be tougher next time.

2) Seahawks (WIN) - A very poor team this year and some key injuries.

3) Vikings (LOSS) - An elite team and they beat us. Say what you want about playing almost good enough. They beat us.

4) Rams (WIN) - When and NFL team plays a college team you are supposed to win.

5) Falcons (BIG LOSS) - A very good team beat us soundly in every aspect of the game.

6) At Texans - (loss).
7) At Colts - (big loss).
8) Titans (win).
9) Bears (loss). Cutler vs. Hill...
10) At Packers (loss).
11) Jaguars (win).
12) At Seattle (loss). They will play better at home.
13) Cardinals (loss). Getting some key players back now.
14) At Eagles (big loss).
15) Lions (win).
16) At Rams (win). You are supposed to beat college teams.

7 - 9 is what we are looking at as a best case scenario.

Also look at these things.

~ A playoff team doesn't have 4 / 5 Offensive linemen who can't block. Please show me the last playoff team that has this....

~ Inconsistent pass rush.

~ Bottom ranked offense. Show me an offense ranked this low that makes the playoffs. There is no ability to pass or come from behind. Thus there is very little ability to win against good teams.

~ Lack of GAME BREAKING SPEED. Good teams have game breakers like the Vikings, Saints or Falcons for example in the NFC. They have guys who can take it to the endzone. We have guys who get caught from behind in the open field.

~ Very questionable game day decisions by the coach. Calling a timeout to give a pep rally at the NFL level. I mean come on.... That cost us when Delanies fumble that wasn't a fumble could have been overturned. That's not playoff worthy. Bill Walsh or Jimmy Johnson would never make a move like that.

Singletary as a motivator 10/10 - no questions.
Singletary's game day decisions 4/10.

That doesn't get you deep in the playoffs.

~ A QB that throws a pass like a punt and can't come from behind. Can only "manage" the game to a win if you are up. But will lose if you are down.

Another overrated year. 49ers fans are hungy for a winning program but these factors make us still a rebuilding team. Playoff teams don't have this many holes. Just watch the playoffs the last few years. They don't have this many problems.

And here is what you have earned with your negativity..

I was thinking last night. Man this has been a horrible decade. If I don't see any real changes soon under Jed, I am just going to accept that I won't see another Niner championship in my life
Quote:
Also as promised, Singletary is doggedly pursuing his vision for what he wants his team to look like. Among his more eye-opening statements when he took the 49ers job was that one day, he was going to be the best coach in NFL history. And that the 49ers could again be a special team.

Taken from Purdy's column. http://www.mercurynews.com/49ersheadlines/49ers/ci_13572857

This is the type of arrogance that will bring us down. Sing will not be convinced that wasting time outs for pep rallies, out thinking your opponent, or hiring quality coaches is necessary. This is borderline Nolanism without the silly suit issues. He needs a mentor in the worst way possible.
Originally posted by singfan:
Quote:
Also as promised, Singletary is doggedly pursuing his vision for what he wants his team to look like. Among his more eye-opening statements when he took the 49ers job was that one day, he was going to be the best coach in NFL history. And that the 49ers could again be a special team.

Taken from Purdy's column. http://www.mercurynews.com/49ersheadlines/49ers/ci_13572857

This is the type of arrogance that will bring us down. Sing will not be convinced that wasting time outs for pep rallies, out thinking your opponent, or hiring quality coaches is necessary. This is borderline Nolanism without the silly suit issues. He needs a mentor in the worst way possible.

One thing that does not come to mind when thinking of Sing is arrogance. He's too religious, IMO.
Quote:

If you are gonna insult Singletary all of the time then you need to change your name.
Quote:

Bring us down? The previous two Head Coaches have already done that, remember, or has you hatred for Sing, clouded your memory? This sh*t just cracks me up, AND it proves one thing about you - prior to this loss where were you singfan? I'll tell you where - LURKING. waiting for something bad to happen so that you could come out of hiding and spit your nonsense.

Through the first 4-weeks of the season, you knew you wouldn't have a leg to stand on with your one-track, negative drag. It took a loss, and some mistakes on the team and Coaches part for you to have the balls to come out of hiding and post your biased garbage.

It's obvious that you are a miserable person, and I feel sorry for you.
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Bring us down? The previous two Head Coaches have already done that, remember, or has you hatred for Sing, clouded your memory? This sh*t just cracks me up, AND it proves one thing about you - prior to this loss where were you singfan? I'll tell you where - LURKING. waiting for something bad to happen so that you could come out of hiding and spit your nonsense.

Through the first 4-weeks of the season, you knew you wouldn't have a leg to stand on with your one-track, negative drag. It took a loss, and some mistakes on the team and Coaches part for you to have the balls to come out of hiding and post your biased garbage.

That, Obe, is the definition of a troll.
Quote:

Biased garbage? . FYI... I was trying and trying to temper my distaste for Sing as a coach. Beating up our weak division was satisfying in a "almost got a nut kinda way", but then reality sets in, and what you knew all along to be true, proves itself out to be worse than you could have imagined.

45-10 loss from the self anointed, "future greatest coach in NFL history". How's that one taste.

.. a little motivation, mm yeah, mm yeah
need a little motivation, yeah
just a little motivation, yeah
some more motivation, yeah
need some motivation, yeah
could use some motivation, yeah
gotta have some motivation, yeah
all it takes is motivation,
just a little motivation
is all you need

[ Edited by singfan on Oct 16, 2009 at 14:42:16 ]
Quote:

Biased garbage? . FYI... I was trying and trying to temper my distaste for Sing as a coach. Beating up our weak division was satisfying in a "almost got a nut kinda way", but then reality sets in, and what you knew all along to be true, proves itself out to be worse than you could have imagined.

45-10 loss from the self anointed, "future greatest coach in NFL history". How's that one taste.

.. a little motivation, mm yeah, mm yeah
need a little motivation, yeah
just a little motivation, yeah
some more motivation, yeah
need some motivation, yeah
could use some motivation, yeah
gotta have some motivation, yeah
all it takes is motivation,
just a little motivation
is all you need

oo! oo! It's singfan! I had to immediately read this post as soon as I saw it in Ninertalk.
Originally posted by Youngone:
I expected this from a noob but I expect a more level head from you

This guy predicts us to win 1-2 games every year. What would he know anyway