LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

This team WON'T make the playoffs.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Although this team is improved in some categories it is still a rebuilding project in many and very overrated on the WZ IMO. Let's look at the games and schedule for starters. Then we will look at other issues effecting this team. The reasons why we aren't a playoff caliber team I state below at the bottom of the post.

1) Cardinals (WIN) - they were missing key players at the time they played us and will be tougher next time.

2) Seahawks (WIN) - A very poor team this year and some key injuries.

3) Vikings (LOSS) - An elite team and they beat us. Say what you want about playing almost good enough. They beat us.

4) Rams (WIN) - When and NFL team plays a college team you are supposed to win.

5) Falcons (BIG LOSS) - A very good team beat us soundly in every aspect of the game.

6) At Texans - (loss).
7) At Colts - (big loss).
8) Titans (win).
9) Bears (loss). Cutler vs. Hill...
10) At Packers (loss).
11) Jaguars (win).
12) At Seattle (loss). They will play better at home.
13) Cardinals (loss). Getting some key players back now.
14) At Eagles (big loss).
15) Lions (win).
16) At Rams (win). You are supposed to beat college teams.

7 - 9 is what we are looking at as a best case scenario.

Also look at these things.

~ A playoff team doesn't have 4 / 5 Offensive linemen who can't block. Please show me the last playoff team that has this....

~ Inconsistent pass rush.

~ Bottom ranked offense. Show me an offense ranked this low that makes the playoffs. There is no ability to pass or come from behind. Thus there is very little ability to win against good teams.

~ Lack of GAME BREAKING SPEED. Good teams have game breakers like the Vikings, Saints or Falcons for example in the NFC. They have guys who can take it to the endzone. We have guys who get caught from behind in the open field.

~ Very questionable game day decisions by the coach. Calling a timeout to give a pep rally at the NFL level. I mean come on.... That cost us when Delanies fumble that wasn't a fumble could have been overturned. That's not playoff worthy. Bill Walsh or Jimmy Johnson would never make a move like that.

Singletary as a motivator 10/10 - no questions.
Singletary's game day decisions 4/10.

That doesn't get you deep in the playoffs.

~ A QB that throws a pass like a punt and can't come from behind. Can only "manage" the game to a win if you are up. But will lose if you are down.

Another overrated year. 49ers fans are hungy for a winning program but these factors make us still a rebuilding team. Playoff teams don't have this many holes. Just watch the playoffs the last few years. They don't have this many problems.

I don't think we will either. But as soon as I seen the thread title I immediately thought sandiego49er.

Gotta give you credit though. You didn't call for us to lose the rest of our games like I expected.

LOL.

The D. and Gore are better than expected. So no we won't lose the rest of our games.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:
fire the coach?

Actually I think he is decent overall. A master motivator. His game day decisions concern me and sometimes his passion gets the best of him.

Motivator 10 / 10.

Game day decisions 4 / 10. A timeout to have a PEP RALLY that later costs you an important challenge... Amateur hour at best.

Yelling at opposing teams players instead of keeping your focus and compusure 2 / 10.

The Singletary passion and intensity is a mixed bag. That's all I'm saying.

And the personnel decisions leave something to be desired. Cut or kick returner? Chilo is still a starter?

i was just kidding about firing the coach! i think our problem is really our QB... we need someone that can keep the offense on the field and convert those 3 down passes and keep our Defense fresh and we'll be okay. Hill can't scramble for jack when the pressure is applied. Smith can scramble but can't QB period...!i dunno... i just can't see our defense winning too many games for us... we played the lowly rams and what our D scored just as much as our offense? man that's speaks much for this offense!

QB is a huge problem. Hill is not a long term answer. Alex appears to be a bust at this point (that's really too bad). The WR's are so overrated. I hope Craptree turns into something like we thought. We need him to.

Without that QB i sure hope crabtree knows how to pass the ball to himself and make some dam plays! LOL

QB is huge. I don't disagree with you. But having a quality WR to throw to is also important. We haven't had one of those in what like 6 or 7 years now right? I think it all works together but QB and O Line are more important. We have been trying to rebuild that for like 6 years (QB and O Line) and have so far failed miserably at both. We still need to rebuild both. That's EPIC FAIL right there.

Scot could have made up for a lot of bad choices if he had picked up Cutler when he was available. Until we get a top qb nothing else matters.

Dude you could have this QB Corps:

QB1 P. Manning
QB2 Brady
QB3 Kurt Warner(I bet he's happy he didn't sign with us in the Offseason)
QB4(Alternate 3) E. Manning

And it wouldn't have made up for $4|t.

Cause they would all get killed...

Well okay maybe I'm overstating that just a bit cause they at least have arms and can audible.

Point is Cutler didn't look that great when the Broncos Line wasn't protecting him well. If he has all day to stand in the pocket, he looks good. But when was the last time our Line gave ANYONE all day to stand in the pocket?

If you saw the Fins/Colts matchup you would have seen Mannings nice CLEAN uniform at the end of the game. Yeah he got knocked down. But that away white uniform didn't have a grass stain on the front.

I still think that Smith is the way to go here, only because he does have the arm to come out swingin with the playbook being completely at Raye's disposal. Right now we can't sustain a drive for long on Hill's arm. It's never going to happen on a consistent basis.

McCloughan needs to suck it up and go after and PAY some solid FA Linemen to fill in, during the Offseason. That is the FIRST thing that needs to be fixed everything else on the Offense can wait.

~Ceadder

1) Our QB's don't have enough time to throw. That's true.

2) I still think Smith is better too. His arm provides the ability to keep the defense honest. At least with Smith we might throw a deep ball. With Hill the defenses can stack a 7 - 8 yard box because they know he is no threat to throw further than 10 yards.

3) We do need to pay some FA linemen ASAP. They made a mistake with Smiley and other guys who have been available. Scot M. says he doesn't believe in paying $40 million for a Guard. Well obviously Guard's matter and are worth a lot. Because look at what we have.
all this talk about why it's not going to be the 49ers is great and dandy...but we are still looking for a who WILL win the NFC West answer.
Originally posted by bergy07:
all this talk about why it's not going to be the 49ers is great and dandy...but we are still looking for a who WILL win the NFC West answer.

I think Arizona is capable of it depending on health of key players. I think Seattle is capable of it depending also on health of key players. The Rams have no chance and should be demoted to the college ranks until they can field an NFL level team.
  • B650
  • Veteran

I think Arizona is capable of it depending on health of key players. I think Seattle is capable of it depending also on health of key players. The Rams have no chance and should be demoted to the college ranks until they can field an NFL level team.

I agree. All the talk of Arizona's demise is premature. We only beat them by 4 points and they were injured back then. They were a Hail Mary away from beating us the same way Minnesota did.
Originally posted by B650:

I agree. All the talk of Arizona's demise is premature. We only beat them by 4 points and they were injured back then. They were a Hail Mary away from beating us the same way Minnesota did.

They were injured and we barely beat them. They were in the Super Bowl last year. They have good players. We certainly aren't going to the Super Bowl this year. That team is absolutely capable of beating us. I don't know if they will but they are certainly capable.

hey man I admire your courage to come on a 49ers forum and say the 9ers won't make the Playoffs but can we change this thread to "seachickens and Cards ARE capable of winning the NFC West but sorry no chance for the 49ers or Rams"?
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
fire the coach?

Actually I think he is decent overall. A master motivator. His game day decisions concern me and sometimes his passion gets the best of him.

Motivator 10 / 10.

Game day decisions 4 / 10. A timeout to have a PEP RALLY that later costs you an important challenge... Amateur hour at best.

Yelling at opposing teams players instead of keeping your focus and compusure 2 / 10.

The Singletary passion and intensity is a mixed bag. That's all I'm saying.

And the personnel decisions leave something to be desired. Cut or kick returner? Chilo is still a starter?

i was just kidding about firing the coach! i think our problem is really our QB... we need someone that can keep the offense on the field and convert those 3 down passes and keep our Defense fresh and we'll be okay. Hill can't scramble for jack when the pressure is applied. Smith can scramble but can't QB period...!i dunno... i just can't see our defense winning too many games for us... we played the lowly rams and what our D scored just as much as our offense? man that's speaks much for this offense!

QB is a huge problem. Hill is not a long term answer. Alex appears to be a bust at this point (that's really too bad). The WR's are so overrated. I hope Craptree turns into something like we thought. We need him to.

Without that QB i sure hope crabtree knows how to pass the ball to himself and make some dam plays! LOL

QB is huge. I don't disagree with you. But having a quality WR to throw to is also important. We haven't had one of those in what like 6 or 7 years now right? I think it all works together but QB and O Line are more important. We have been trying to rebuild that for like 6 years (QB and O Line) and have so far failed miserably at both. We still need to rebuild both. That's EPIC FAIL right there.

Scot could have made up for a lot of bad choices if he had picked up Cutler when he was available. Until we get a top qb nothing else matters.

Dude you could have this QB Corps:

QB1 P. Manning
QB2 Brady
QB3 Kurt Warner(I bet he's happy he didn't sign with us in the Offseason)
QB4(Alternate 3) E. Manning

And it wouldn't have made up for $4|t.

Cause they would all get killed...

Well okay maybe I'm overstating that just a bit cause they at least have arms and can audible.

Point is Cutler didn't look that great when the Broncos Line wasn't protecting him well. If he has all day to stand in the pocket, he looks good. But when was the last time our Line gave ANYONE all day to stand in the pocket?

If you saw the Fins/Colts matchup you would have seen Mannings nice CLEAN uniform at the end of the game. Yeah he got knocked down. But that away white uniform didn't have a grass stain on the front.

I still think that Smith is the way to go here, only because he does have the arm to come out swingin with the playbook being completely at Raye's disposal. Right now we can't sustain a drive for long on Hill's arm. It's never going to happen on a consistent basis.

McCloughan needs to suck it up and go after and PAY some solid FA Linemen to fill in, during the Offseason. That is the FIRST thing that needs to be fixed everything else on the Offense can wait.

~Ceadder

Dude, is it easier to find a top QB or Olinemen, in your opinion. I think it's rare to find a top 10 qb and rarer still to have one become available for trade after he's shown that he can play well in this league. I just wish that Scot would have done something with that opportunity.

[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Oct 15, 2009 at 23:38:37 ]

hey man I admire your courage to come on a 49ers forum and say the 9ers won't make the Playoffs but can we change this thread to "seachickens and Cards ARE capable of winning the NFC West but sorry no chance for the 49ers or Rams"?

Hey I just call what I see. Look at our offensive line. It doesn't like like a playoff line to me. I've never seen a playoff line that looks like that in my life. If a line like this carries a team to the playoffs it would definitely be the first time in history. But hey sometimes firsts happen. So I guess it could. I just don't anticipate it will.
Although this team is improved in some categories it is still a rebuilding project in many and very overrated on the WZ IMO. Let's look at the games and schedule for starters. Then we will look at other issues effecting this team. The reasons why we aren't a playoff caliber team I state below at the bottom of the post.

1) Cardinals (WIN) - they were missing key players at the time they played us and will be tougher next time.

3) Vikings (LOSS) - An elite team and they beat us. Say what you want about playing almost good enough. They beat us.

5) Falcons (BIG LOSS) - A very good team beat us soundly in every aspect of the game.

6) At Texans - (loss).
8) Titans (win).
10) At Packers (loss).
11) Jaguars (win).
15) Lions (win).

~ A playoff team doesn't have 4 / 5 Offensive linemen who can't block. Please show me the last playoff team that has this....

~ Bottom ranked offense. Show me an offense ranked this low that makes the playoffs. There is no ability to pass or come from behind. Thus there is very little ability to win against good teams.

~ Lack of GAME BREAKING SPEED. Good teams have game breakers like the Vikings, Saints or Falcons for example in the NFC. They have guys who can take it to the endzone. We have guys who get caught from behind in the open field.

~ Very questionable game day decisions by the coach. Calling a timeout to give a pep rally at the NFL level. I mean come on.... That cost us when Delanies fumble that wasn't a fumble could have been overturned. That's not playoff worthy. Bill Walsh or Jimmy Johnson would never make a move like that.

~ A QB that throws a pass like a punt and can't come from behind. Can only "manage" the game to a win if you are up. But will lose if you are down.

Another overrated year. 49ers fans are hungy for a winning program but these factors make us still a rebuilding team. Playoff teams don't have this many holes. Just watch the playoffs the last few years. They don't have this many problems.

You are right in some ways... HILL is a horrible QB.. I can run faster than him and probably throw harder too..

But we are only lacking in a few positions in my opinion.. OL and QB.. if we get crabtree goin and alex smith shows us hes actually worth a 1st rounder, then we will be in good hands

Originally posted by Ninerman49:

6) At Texans - (loss).
8) Titans (win).
10) At Packers (loss).
11) Jaguars (win).
15) Lions (win).

You are right in some ways... HILL is a horrible QB.. I can run faster than him and probably throw harder too..

But we are only lacking in a few positions in my opinion.. OL and QB.. if we get crabtree goin and alex smith shows us hes actually worth a 1st rounder, then we will be in good hands

If Alex would resurect his career from the dead and Craptree turns out well yes that would change our team. I don't know if those things will happen.
  • krizay
  • Veteran

Hey I just call what I see. Look at our offensive line. It doesn't like like a playoff line to me. I've never seen a playoff line that looks like that in my life. If a line like this carries a team to the playoffs it would definitely be the first time in history. But hey sometimes firsts happen. So I guess it could. I just don't anticipate it will.

actually Pitts line was this bad last year. Big Ben just made it work by shrugging tackles and keeping plays alive. So...............

But Hill's no Ben!
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Im sorry, but 9-7 to 10-6 is still possible.

ARZ and SEA arent that good.

And Houston sucks, we should beat them easily.

Our OL sucks...only thing that will help that is the 2010 draft. But in the meantime, it really doesn't matter who's "better or less injured" as wins against SEA and ARZ would not only greater our chances at 9-7 / 10-6 but the tiebreaker which is all that really matters in an average division.
Originally posted by Ninerman49:

6) At Texans - (loss).
8) Titans (win).
10) At Packers (loss).
11) Jaguars (win).
15) Lions (win).

If Alex would resurect his career from the dead and Craptree turns out well yes that would change our team. I don't know if those things will happen.

your right.... But arent you sick of hill?? i think its time to find out
Share 49ersWebzone