There are 231 users in the forums

Favorable Schedule: We need to win just 2 of 5 to end 9-7

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GORO:
I am afraid to make predictions. I really thought we were going to beat Atlanta. Secondly our Offense doesnot seem to be getting better. Raye is not Mike Martz whom I am beggining to miss

If you can't see that adding Gore and Crabtree to our offense will make us instantly better for the rest of the season you can leave now.
i honestly feel tho, to be a real team with a statement, we have to win at least one of the next two. If we lose against Houston after a bye, and then most already assume we will lose against the Colts, then my brotha, i could see many things changin because it would prove one thing, regardless of what part of the team you pick. It would say that we can only beat unproven, suck ass teams with losing records. We beat some real proven teams, especially outside our division then i think something to look forward too. But i say instead of any two wins fast, i say a win within the next two.

And oh yeah, it's not all on the O-line. The Qb has just as much to say, and Raye only executes what Sing agrees with. LIke i said in another thread, We ARE NOT the only team in the league with a bad to horrible oline. A QB can make a play when an opportunity presents itself. And if any game Hill passes over 150yds or scores a TD, then that means that at some point the line did hold, it came down to the decisions made by the QB. Just like the NFL says, when a qb has the opportunity he has to capitalize. In the falcon game we did have chances, because we almost abandoned the running game. When hill did have time, and he did throw, it was usually the short one he always throws. Not a knock on him, cause he can produce, just not as much as some of us think he should.

By the way, what sense does it make to have all the WR's in the world, if with this offense i dont see any of them breaking 1000yds. If we are using them for mostly underneath throws, dumpoffs, and maybe 15yd slants. Are they really being used to their fullest potential? Just a question?
[ Edited by Jersey9er on Oct 17, 2009 at 8:40 AM ]
Originally posted by cNiner:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by mayo63:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by mayo63:
I see us winning only 4 more games the rest of the season. 7-9 is more realistic. Unless, our offense some how comes alive.

which ones? and why? I know its been a hard few weeks, but I really think Gore is the obvious difference maker on the team. ATL took their bye week to reevaluate themselves and NFL teams win 60% of the time after a bye week just for that reason. Just my 0.02

Wins at Texans, Jaquars, Lions and Rams.

Sun Oct. 25 @Texans - 10:00a - W
Sun Nov. 1 @Colts - 10:00a - L
Sun Nov. 8 Titans - 1:15p - w
Thur Nov. 12 Bears - 5:20p - L
Sun Nov. 22 @Packers - 10:00a - w
Sun Nov. 29 Jaguars - 1:05p - W
Sun Dec. 6 @Seahawks - 1:15p - L
Mon Dec. 14 Cardinals - 6:30p - L
Sun Dec. 20 @Eagles - 10:00a - L
Sun Dec. 27 Lions - 1:05p - W
Sun Jan. 3 @Rams - 10:00a - W

Sun Oct. 25 @Texans - 10:00a -
Sun Nov. 8 Titans - 1:15p -
Thur Nov. 12 Bears - 5:20p - L
Sun Nov. 22 @Packers - 10:00a -
Sun Nov. 29 Jaguars - 1:05p -
Sun Dec. 6 @Seahawks - 1:15p -
Mon Dec. 14 Cardinals - 6:30p -
Sun Dec. 27 Lions - 1:05p -
Sun Jan. 3 @Rams - 10:00a -

we have a legit chance of winning against all of these teams bears may also be possible

we are not losing the bears at home, unless we pull the same s**t with Atlanta !
This looks good. We sweep the west, we win tiebreakers easily, we are in the playoffs. This is a big ultimate step for us and I dont know offhand how long its been. We as niner fans should be satisfied with this goal this year. What we win in the playoffs, will be extra. Then again, the 9-7 Cards went to the big dance with inspired play I know we're capable of.
i still think this team finishes 10-6 wins the division and surprises someone in the playoffs. then we determine what we need in FA/Draft and make it happen with at least 1 or 2 signings and the 2 1st round picks.
After the Atlanta game at "home", it would be in the best interests of the team to take every game "very seriously".
The last thing you want is yet another frustrating 2nd half of the season. We haven't proven anything yet, so to assume we'll win a bunch of games is a bit out there.
That Atlanta game was more than just a wake up call, it was a "where-you-actually-stand" call.
All this is based on the fact that our goal is to make the playoffs.
Originally posted by 49ersking:
After the Atlanta game at "home", it would be in the best interests of the team to take every game "very seriously".
The last thing you want is yet another frustrating 2nd half of the season. We haven't proven anything yet, so to assume we'll win a bunch of games is a bit out there.
That Atlanta game was more than just a wake up call, it was a "where-you-actually-stand" call.
All this is based on the fact that our goal is to make the playoffs.

It would be devastating to have another 2nd half meltdown as in previous years, and I agree with you the way that we are playing we can't overlook anybody, no matter who they are or how bad they are playing at the time.
I'm so glad we play 4 weak teams in Nov. and Dec. We need to beat someone outside of the NFC West though!
realisticly i see us losing next week vs the Colts even if Smith comes in with a hot hand like he did today

but if he does come out HOT like he did against the Texans i can see the rest of the season going like this

Sun Oct. 25 @Texans - 10:00a - L 21-24
Sun Nov. 8 Titans - 1:15p - W
Thur Nov. 12 Bears - 5:20p - W
Sun Nov. 22 @Packers - 10:00a - L
Sun Nov. 29 Jaguars - 1:05p - W
Sun Dec. 6 @Seahawks - 1:15p - W
Mon Dec. 14 Cardinals - 6:30p - L
Sun Dec. 27 Lions - 1:05p - W
Sun Jan. 3 @Rams - 10:00a - W

9-7

but we miss the playoffs

because Arizona is starting to get HOT

they got a favorable schedule the rest of the way

ARI @ NYG W 24-17 witch they JUST won
CAR @ ARI W
ARI @ CHI L
SEA @ ARI W
ARI @ STL W
ARI @ TEN W
MIN @ ARI L
ARI @ SF W
ARI @ DET W
STL @ ARI W
GB @ ARI L

11-5 witch of course means they win the division AGAIN & we go home AGAIN

am sorry for not being optimistic but that's just how it really could end up looking

The Cardinals DO NOT beat us at home on Monday night!!!!!

We own them!!!!!
Our best shot is to go 10-6 and steal a wild card berth. Falcons will get one for sure, so maybe we can get the 6th seed. 9-7 doesn't seem enough to me with teams like Philadelphia, Dallas, and GB snooping around.
[ Edited by blunt_probe on Oct 25, 2009 at 9:08 PM ]

Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
The Cardinals DO NOT beat us at home on Monday night!!!!!

We own them!!!!!

Hey can u really argue that after today's performance against the Giants???
am REALLY hoping im wrong on this one & the Giants all of a sudden just stink & just made the Cards look good today

hey just like everybody else I WANT the playoffs BAD but if we keep on playing inconsistant football i cant see us winning no more then 9 games this season
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Our best shot is to go 10-6 and steal a wild card berth. Falcons will get one for sure, so maybe we can get the 6th seed. 9-7 doesn't seem enough to me with teams like Philadelphia, Dallas, and GB snooping around.

Which won't happen. The only realistic chance this team has based on our talent was/is taking advantage of a crappy division. We cannot win outside the division against other playoff caliber teams.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Which won't happen. The only realistic chance this team has based on our talent was/is taking advantage of a crappy division. We cannot win outside the division against other playoff caliber teams.

Then we won't make it, because 9-7 isn't getting it done in any realistic scenario.

I with you 100%
9-7 in the NFC wont get u near the playoffs to have a slim chance u MUST go at least
10-6
  • Adman
  • Veteran
We might need a wildcard spot. Can 9-7 or 10-6 get a wildcard spot?
Share 49ersWebzone