There are 116 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Favorable Schedule: We need to win just 2 of 5 to end 9-7

Singletary has to get that improvement in the team each week that he is always talking about because the Seahawks and Cardinals won't be standing still either. The OLine would be a very good start.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I have a gut feeling (and I'm usually sharp about this) that we'll turn things around and get into the playoffs. -We have an easier victory stretch than Zona and Seattle within terms of scheduling/traveling (this ending stretch is where those early division wins will really come into our favor).

As of right now I'm not underestimating the remaining 11 teams/games, but we'll get there, it'll be some really ugly football, but we'll get to the playoffs.

What people don't understand is that, minor all the hype and expectations, 2010 is the 'honest' year to look out for the 49ers.

how about 2011 when our 2010 1st rounder QB finally comes around, Eric Berry fully understands the defense and our 2011 1st round RT shows he is the best to be drafted in the last 5 years?
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I have a gut feeling (and I'm usually sharp about this) that we'll turn things around and get into the playoffs. -We have an easier victory stretch than Zona and Seattle within terms of scheduling/traveling (this ending stretch is where those early division wins will really come into our favor).

As of right now I'm not underestimating the remaining 11 teams/games, but we'll get there, it'll be some really ugly football, but we'll get to the playoffs.

What people don't understand is that, minor all the hype and expectations, 2010 is the 'honest' year to look out for the 49ers.

Agree. I'm ready to take things one game at a time.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I see us winning only 4 more games the rest of the season. 7-9 is more realistic. Unless, our offense some how comes alive.

[ Edited by mayo63 on Oct 15, 2009 at 06:49:26 ]
Originally posted by mayo63:
I see us winning only 4 more games the rest of the season. 7-9 is more realistic. Unless, our offense some how comes alive.

which ones? and why? I know its been a hard few weeks, but I really think Gore is the obvious difference maker on the team. ATL took their bye week to reevaluate themselves and NFL teams win 60% of the time after a bye week just for that reason. Just my 0.02
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by global_nomad:

which ones? and why? I know its been a hard few weeks, but I really think Gore is the obvious difference maker on the team. ATL took their bye week to reevaluate themselves and NFL teams win 60% of the time after a bye week just for that reason. Just my 0.02

Wins at Texans, Jaquars, Lions and Rams.

Sun Oct. 25 @Texans - 10:00a - W
Sun Nov. 1 @Colts - 10:00a - L
Sun Nov. 8 Titans - 1:15p - L
Thur Nov. 12 Bears - 5:20p - L
Sun Nov. 22 @Packers - 10:00a - L
Sun Nov. 29 Jaguars - 1:05p - W
Sun Dec. 6 @Seahawks - 1:15p - L
Mon Dec. 14 Cardinals - 6:30p - L
Sun Dec. 20 @Eagles - 10:00a - L
Sun Dec. 27 Lions - 1:05p - W
Sun Jan. 3 @Rams - 10:00a - W
Not sure 9-7 gets us in the playoffs, even in our division. I think the Cards are gonna turn it on and start winning some games. But who knows, 9-7 may be good enough.
Originally posted by Snider8706:
I think we will lose to Indy,Philly,and finish 12-4

[ Edited by marshniners24 on Oct 15, 2009 at 08:04:39 ]

I think that we will also beat the Titans, and will win either the Seahawks of Cardinals game, and also will win either the Bears or Packers game. All that being said it would be 10-6 but all that hinges on the offense getting its act together.
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by Snider8706:
I think we will lose to Indy,Philly,and finish 12-4

10-6 at best.

We have a legitimate chance against Chicago and GB.
Originally posted by 49ers1fan1982:

I think that we will also beat the Titans, and will win either the Seahawks of Cardinals game, and also will win either the Bears or Packers game. All that being said it would be 10-6 but all that hinges on the offense getting its act together.

Are you serious? You think we will get swept by Seattle and Arizona (at home, on MNF?) We're getting Gore back, we have a new threat (albeit unproven) at WR and we are shaking up our O-line which will hopefully produce better results, I have a feeling the offense after the bye week won't even resemble the pathetic showing of the last few weeks.
Originally posted by MSteitz468:
Originally posted by 49ers1fan1982:

Are you serious? You think we will get swept by Seattle and Arizona (at home, on MNF?) We're getting Gore back, we have a new threat (albeit unproven) at WR and we are shaking up our O-line which will hopefully produce better results, I have a feeling the offense after the bye week won't even resemble the pathetic showing of the last few weeks.

I said that we would win either the seahawks or cardinals game I just don't see us winning both of them.
  • x49ersx123
  • Info N/A
I really think we need to take it one game at a time. As you can see with the Atlanta game you just don’t know which players are going to show up in the game. Now we have two weeks to prepare for the Texans. let get back on the right track by winning at there home field and improving our record to 4-2.

Originally posted by B650:
This post reminds me of high school. "I only have to finish with a 65 on the final exam in order to pass the class with a 69.5 and a C average."

The 49ers need to just take it one game at a time. There are no guarantees. Detroit can come in destroy us at home if we're not ready. Besides, doing just enough to make it to 9-7 isn't good enough. All it means is a 1st-round playoff exit.

Tell the Arizona Cardinals that...last year
Where in the heck is my 2009 Almanac?

McFly?!!!!!!!!!