There are 73 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Favorable Schedule: We need to win just 2 of 5 to end 9-7

If you look at our schedule I think we have a very good chance of ending 9-7, which should give us a legit shot to make the playoffs.

***This post makes the assumption we win the following games we will be favored in: vs. Tenn, vs. Jax, @ Stl, vs. Det. ***

With those four wins we would need just 2 wins in the remaining 7 games left this season. Hopefully one of those comes against Seattle or Arizona whom we always play tough. Basically the sooner we reach that 2 wins mark, the better chance we will have to host a playoff game! I haven't been a fan of Raye's play calling but I understand a lot of the blame has to go on the OL b/c the poor passing and running stats are a direct reflection on them. If Singletary really is making changes, I think we still will make the playoffs due to our schedule.

[ Edited by global_nomad on Nov 1, 2009 at 14:49:54 ]
i would not chaalk up tenn as a win they are still a really good team however if we stop the run game like we are now it will be an easy game
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
i would not chaalk up tenn as a win they are still a really good team however if we stop the run game like we are now it will be an easy game

I keep thinking Tennessee will wake up and they haven't yet. I am still predicting 8-8 or 9-7 myself.

wonder if VY will be playing when we face them
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

wonder if VY will be playing when we face them

VY doesn't scare me and their defense doesn't either now that Haynesworth is gone.

They are just like us. They have solid RBs, but no passing game, I think our Defense matches up nicely with a team like that.

I'm not saying we will have it easy, just that we will be favored, and frankly its a game we should win, but that's why they play the game.

i wouldn't be surprised if we were the team to give them their first win
  • king32
  • Info N/A
We need some semblance of a passing game against the Titans. They're 5th against the run, but dead last against the pass in terms of yardage. Run Vernon up the seam and throw some receiver screens to Crab, and I think we got a good shot.
Originally posted by TexasNiner84:

i wouldn't be surprised if we were the team to give them their first win

I've actually been worried about this for a while. Luckily it's a home game, so hopefully we come out on top.
one game at a time
  • Crown
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FourNine49:
one game at a time

because you never know...

We could beat the colts and lose to the lions. The NFL is full of pros. All teams have heart and pride - even if they lack talent.

Sundays are always a gamble.
You can be prepared.... You can be lucky... And you can stink it up.
  • B650
  • Veteran
This post reminds me of high school. "I only have to finish with a 65 on the final exam in order to pass the class with a 69.5 and a C average."

The 49ers need to just take it one game at a time. There are no guarantees. Detroit can come in destroy us at home if we're not ready. Besides, doing just enough to make it to 9-7 isn't good enough. All it means is a 1st-round playoff exit.
I think we will lose to Indy,Philly,and finish 12-4
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Snider8706:
I think we will lose to Indy,Philly,and finish 12-4

10-6 at best.
worried about tennessee more than the colts for some reason. our d hasn't ever faced a ridiculously fast RB like chris johnson. i think we learned our lessing with atlanta so we'll be prepared for manning
I have a gut feeling (and I'm usually sharp about this) that we'll turn things around and get into the playoffs. -We have an easier victory stretch than Zona and Seattle within terms of scheduling/traveling (this ending stretch is where those early division wins will really come into our favor).

As of right now I'm not underestimating the remaining 11 teams/games, but we'll get there, it'll be some really ugly football, but we'll get to the playoffs.

What people don't understand is that, minor all the hype and expectations, 2010 is the 'honest' year to look out for the 49ers.