There are 51 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

I don't understand why everyone wants Hill benched

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by bzborow1:
One bad game? He has had 4 bad games and one horrendous one. Why are we accepting this bum who obviously can't make thrown as a starter. Just because he plays OK? He takes sacks, fumbles the ball, and can't throw deep passes. He is not physically able to compete in this league. Why do you think we are so bad at 3rd and longs? Hill can't connect to anything deep.
Those passes that some WRs drop are because of Ducks balls. For instance, Morgans deep bomb drop against St Louis was a duck. So was the TD he threw right after that to Morgan. He was wide open but had to make a play because of a s**tty throw.

Hill is a good game manager, and he is tough and competitive. But he really does lack skills to help us win. Even though Alex Smith isn't good he may be a better option then Hill at this point.

Odd, isn't Hill's record like 9-3 or something? Look everyone knows Hill is not the long-term guy, but he's the guy who gives us the best chance of winning this year. This offseason the 49ers may have a shot at one of the premier QB's if they don't believe in Nate Davis, and they will also have a chance to upgrade that o-line. It's not like Hill had time to throw against Atlanta. I mean for crying out loud Matt Ryan could have checked his e-mail on some of those passing plays.

That being said, everyone knows Hill can't compete with Matt Ryan, and that was proven in spades on Sunday.

This is a team sport. Yes, the team is 9-3 when Hill is starting. There are many factors in wins and losses besides who is the starter. But the main thing to remember is out of those 9 wins, can you remember a game where Hill made a hell of a play or won the game for us? Can you remember him dominating an opponent.

I am plainly saying that Hill = Smith except Smith is much more physically talented. We could use those talents to get some first downs and maybe some TDs.

what about those two 80 yard drives against the cards and vikings we would have won against the vikings if it wasn't for favre

They don't want to acknowledge that because we won 1 of those games and should have won the other.
Originally posted by susweel:
Its only because people have forgotten the stench of watching Alex "loser" Smith play. Some people seem to think that he magically has gotten better.

People think he is a "Loser" because they had high hopes that he was the next Montana. He turned out to be much much much much lessor. That being said, he is still better then Hill, who is a favortie because he is playing better then excepted. He still plays like Smith. The only difference is Smith is physically able to compete.
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by MSteitz468:
After one bad game by Hill and his 1st loss at home I don't understand why everyone wants Singletary to bench Hill. Most of you people want Alex Smith to come in but what about all the bad years Smith gave us and Hill has ONE bad game and you guys want him benched.

They won't be happy until we have another Joe Montana or Steve Young. They were calling for him to be benched when we were winning games. They are just crybabies.

I'd settle for another Steve DeBerg at this point
Originally posted by alanbeez22:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Because if the D doesn't score all the points, Sunday's outcome will be repeated numerous times this year.

Our D/ST has 1 less TD then Hill does in passing TD's........tell me that's a positive stat for a starting NFL QB.

What makes you think Alex Leaf will make a difference?

Never said he would, but his mobility in the pocket could lead to less sacks and his arm strength is superior to Hills. You can argue many points but in the athleticism category Smith is better then Hill.

i look at it this way. alex smith proved 3 things this preseason... interceptions, fumbles, and injury.

so far shaun hilll has shown us sacks, incompletions!

ya lets start alex smith! and maybe he might throw a pick just like against the raiders, and get hurt just like against the raiders...

He has also shown us he can only turn it on the the 4th quarter. He has 0 game changing ability and cant take over a game. When D's prepare for us the prep for the run, not the pass.
Hill should not be benched. His ability to get the ball out quick for short gains is the main reason why we are 3-2. Alex may still be more talented, but without solid protection we would see more interceptions and fewer first downs.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
One bad game? He has had 4 bad games and one horrendous one. Why are we accepting this bum who obviously can't make thrown as a starter. Just because he plays OK? He takes sacks, fumbles the ball, and can't throw deep passes. He is not physically able to compete in this league. Why do you think we are so bad at 3rd and longs? Hill can't connect to anything deep.
Those passes that some WRs drop are because of Ducks balls. For instance, Morgans deep bomb drop against St Louis was a duck. So was the TD he threw right after that to Morgan. He was wide open but had to make a play because of a s**tty throw.

Hill is a good game manager, and he is tough and competitive. But he really does lack skills to help us win. Even though Alex Smith isn't good he may be a better option then Hill at this point.

Odd, isn't Hill's record like 9-3 or something? Look everyone knows Hill is not the long-term guy, but he's the guy who gives us the best chance of winning this year. This offseason the 49ers may have a shot at one of the premier QB's if they don't believe in Nate Davis, and they will also have a chance to upgrade that o-line. It's not like Hill had time to throw against Atlanta. I mean for crying out loud Matt Ryan could have checked his e-mail on some of those passing plays.

That being said, everyone knows Hill can't compete with Matt Ryan, and that was proven in spades on Sunday.

This is a team sport. Yes, the team is 9-3 when Hill is starting. There are many factors in wins and losses besides who is the starter. But the main thing to remember is out of those 9 wins, can you remember a game where Hill made a hell of a play or won the game for us? Can you remember him dominating an opponent.

I am plainly saying that Hill = Smith except Smith is much more physically talented. We could use those talents to get some first downs and maybe some TDs.

what about those two 80 yard drives against the cards and vikings we would have won against the vikings if it wasn't for favre

They don't want to acknowledge that because we won 1 of those games and should have won the other.

I'll acknowledge the game winning drives if you acknowledge that besides those two drives he played like total crap.
Because they claim to be faithful fans but as soon as we lose it's Hill's fault. Our coach has publicly said he did not have us ready. Yet it's still Hill's fault. He gave up 400 yards of offense and fumbled on special teams and mismanaged our timeouts.

Lock every thread about benching Hill. Bunch of whiny fans in this forum.
Is Hill's arm really that weak and is the reason why his throws are inconsistent?

I remember him throwing some nice deep balls and medium stuff with some zip last year and everyone's like Hill's arm strength is fine.

Is it his mechanics maybe?

I'll acknowledge the game winning drives if you acknowledge that besides those two drives he played like total crap.

We will acknowledge that he played like crap if you admit that Smith has played like crap his whole career.
Bench Hill... because! Smith could do the same exact shiit! and he has more athletic ability! and he is making more money! I'd rather see what Smith does rather than see what Hill has done and will continue to do so. Hill can't get better. He is pushing the ceiling on his abilities already.
Before Sunday's game, Hill had better numbers and more yards than Matt Ryan.

Just a thought.

Why go back and forth. What other game did he play bad besides Sunday when we stunk it up collectively.
Originally posted by verb1der:
I don't understand why people just can't admit that Hill sucks.

Maybe because he's got a pretty decent record as a starter. Or the fact that he doesn't turn the ball over with stupid plays. Look at the o-line and blame them for Hill getting sacked or running around with his head cut off.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Before Sunday's game, Hill had better numbers and more yards than Matt Ryan.

Just a thought.

Ryan was also coming off a bye week, I would hope a guy with 4 starts would be rated higher then a guy with 3

Why go back and forth. What other game did he play bad besides Sunday when we stunk it up collectively.

I agree but the masses need someone to blame.