There are 259 users in the forums

The Problem Starts With Scotty???

Shop Find 49ers gear online
if brett favre didn't make that pass and gore didn't fumble in seattle this thread would never of been created. he is doing a decent job. we have talent on both sides... just need upgrades on the lines and the secondary.
Originally posted by sacniner:
if brett favre didn't make that pass and gore didn't fumble in seattle this thread would never of been created. he is doing a decent job. we have talent on both sides... just need upgrades on the lines and the secondary.

LOL good teams overcome that kind of stuff. There are dozens of what ifs you could come up with both teams in every game. You think the Steelers are saying "If Polamalu didn't get hurt, we wouldn't have lost 6 in a row?" Scotty has gotten good players, but not a lot of depth and has not produced in getting the most important player.
[ Edited by JDeezy on Dec 20, 2009 at 9:42 PM ]
Originally posted by JDeezy:

LOL good teams overcome that kind of stuff. There are dozens of what ifs you could come up with both teams in every game. You think the Steelers are saying "If Polamalu didn't get hurt, we wouldn't have lost 6 in a row?" Scotty has gotten good players, but not a lot of depth and has not produced in getting the most important player.

We aren't a good team though. And it's really easy to blame management. If we had better coaching we would of won a couple of more games with the talent that we have. Since Scotty has came in we have upgraded a lot of positions. Do you guys remember what the hell we had before he came? Under the great Donahue management...
Originally posted by kronik:
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
All I'm saying is...

if you were GM of the 49ers...and you just came off a FEW losing seasons...

wouldn't you try to upgrade your roster?

I know the draft is for rebuilding...but usually players from draft picks take a year or two or more to reach their potential....and sometimes drafted players don't pan out...

Our roster this year is basically the same as last years...(we added marvel smith and Brandon Jones).

I'm just venting about this lackluster approach or philosophy management has...where as other teams do try to go for that big name player...

I understand you are venting. But think about what you are saying.

Niners sign 2nd tier players: #1 FA CB, #1 FA DE

Niners are cheap: huge contracts given to Clements, Justin Smith, Glass Jennings

As for top tier WR's, who is available (that doesn't cost $12 mil per year)? Was Fitz, A Johnson, Calvin Johnson available?

Jennings was a move to sure up the lt spot and protect alex. I think he just didn't like nolan. lol barlow loved the man so much.

We aren't a good team though. And it's really easy to blame management. If we had better coaching we would of won a couple of more games with the talent that we have. Since Scotty has came in we have upgraded a lot of positions. Do you guys remember what the hell we had before he came? Under the great Donahue management...

It's only an upgrade because we had the worst talent of all time back then??? Who fired the last coach and had a hand in picking this one.......mccloughan right? There comes a point when the axe has to fall on everybody....it should fall on alex/scotty/Sing/Raye right now because they're all tied at the hip....its a clusterf**k of ineptitude at the key positions of the franchise......gm, coach, o coordinator, and qb.
Originally posted by horsecore:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
So please tell me why Scott deserves another season.

The more games I watch, the more I see his shortcomings on the field. Especially when compared to a team like Philly.

Say he's fired - who is hired to take his place?

Mike Holmgren. I wish. SM probably bought himself a couple of years with the Patrick Willis pick but he really blew it by passing on Desean Jackson-twice! He made us pay for it today
anybody know where to find scotty?
the dude f**ked up on balmer over d.jackson. other than that there isnt much really to say. its all about getting smith,crabs,vd,morgan & jimmy raye an offseason to train.
Originally posted by WestCoast:
the dude f**ked up on balmer over d.jackson. other than that there isnt much really to say. its all about getting smith,crabs,vd,morgan & jimmy raye an offseason to train.

west coast STOP BEING SO LOGICAL AND REALISTIC!

this is truly what we need. an offseason to mesh and a good offseason/draft! please! please! PLEASE!
Scotty should have been fired with Nolan. They were interconnected.

Scotty should have been fired after Desean reached 100 yards.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by WestCoast:

west coast STOP BEING SO LOGICAL AND REALISTIC!

this is truly what we need. an offseason to mesh and a good offseason/draft! please! please! PLEASE!

You forgot the sarcasm tag.

Take your horse blinds off and look at Raye's record. This team will not even sniff a championship with Raye calling the plays.
Most talented TE in the league: check
Top 5 RB: check
Possible top ten WR: check
Top 5 NT: check
Top 5 LB: check

I could go on so let us just say that the talent is here. OL is about coaching which is why Barry Simms went from garbage to good looking starter.
Problem with the makeup of the org is the gm and the head coach are in bed together far too often. Scotty doesn't have the balls to go against the grain. He overruled Sing when Sing/Nolan didn't believe Willis was the guy. That's great when its an obvious pick, but what about those that aren't that obvious??? Just take a look at this past draft.....1 starter (Crabtree) and a bunch of guys that will be situational/good back ups. Case in point....McKillop. Ulbrich goes down and its Wilhelm who takes his place.

You forget that when Willis was drafted there was a whole bunch of people screaming for Carricker. And your argument is illogical. If Scotty was prepared to stand up to the HC's over a high profile first round pick, you just can't accuse him of being in bed with the coaches. Unless you are in the room with them, you just don't know how it goes.

Regarding the last draft, you forget that after Crabtree, we also got a first round pick for this year. Nobody outside Ninertalk expects a late draft pick to stup up in their rookie year. It happens, but only rarely. Mostly the late picks disappear into oblivion. To use the lack of productivity of such players as a stick to beat the GM is unrealistic to be polite.

Here's a thing: anyone remember last week? When some of our younger players were being lauded for a great performance? So, where does that leave the "blame Scotty" argument?
Share 49ersWebzone