There are 72 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Running Plays

• 49erinChicago
  • Info N/A
I have watched all of our games and it seems as though, we have completely abandoned running outside. Is there a reason why?? 99% of our run plays (except for our vary obvious fake flicker to the outside) are between the tackles (who are playing extremely bad this year). Is it due to our running backs not having enough speed or Raye? I can still remember the good ol days of Ricky Watters when he would bust a 30 yard run from the outside.
  • Pogity
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 49erinChicago:
I have watched all of our games and it seems as though, we have completely abandoned running outside. Is there a reason why?? 99% of our run plays (except for our vary obvious fake flicker to the outside) are between the tackles (who are playing extremely bad this year). Is it due to our running backs not having enough speed or Raye? I can still remember the good ol days of Ricky Watters when he would bust a 30 yard run from the outside.

I think it's scheme alone. We haven't ran the sweep or toss well since Mooch left. Barlow didn't do much of it, Gore hasn't really either. Craig, Watters, and Hearst did it a lot though. It's just the offense, we're a power team now. I don't think it's Gore.
Gore's TD vs. Arizona and Coffee's TD yesterday are the only effective runs to the outside I can remember. Selective memory, no doubt, but still.
All Raye. The commentators were talking about how Coffee would bust it outside and how Raye ripped him a new one so NOW, all he does is run inside, up the guy no matter how open the outside is. The commentators last night were talking about it as well...about why he doesn't bounce it outside. Raye.
What I would like is for someone to count the number of times Hill had less then three seconds to pass. Defenses have LIVED in our backfield and I don't know how Hill doesn't have more INT's. Give him Atlanta's o-line, playing our defense, and who knows how well he could have done. That said, he did throw a great out to Morgan for the almost-TD and ran his ass off diving head first. It was nice to see SOMEONE playing their ass off yesterday, whether it was great or not.