There are 112 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Another 3-2 start....

Yeah although the game was way worse than anyone expected, I really thought the niners were going to get blown out at some point this year. Atlanta is a very good team coming off of a bye week and the 49er defense obviously over looked them. This is going to make the team hungry like it needs to be.
Originally posted by franchise253:
We have Steve Young and Jerry Rice all of a sudden?

Oh wait, we have Shaun Hill and Josh Morgan.

lol
  • flow
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,394
  • BobS
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,580
Originally posted by Trajik1:
1994 The Niners defeated the Raiders, Rams, and Saints, 3 easy teams, lost the KC, before being embarassed by the Eagles @ home 40-8. We came back and won 10 straight after that. So you can throw the towel in if you want, but we've been hear before, we'll get past it, we'll get better from it.

PS We outscored ATL 92-17 that year lol.

These comparisons make me want to scream! The 94 team had 10 pro bowlers on it and had lost to the eventual Super Bowl winning Cowboys in the NFC title game! Since it was the second best team in the NFL the year before, the 40-8 drubbing and 3-2 record were a shock and major embarrassment. This year's team is coming off a 7-9 season, with a pie throwing career 3rd string QB, and maybe 2 pro bowlers. A 3-2 record is an improvement and getting blown out 45-10 by a play-off team from the year prior should not be a shock. How numerous zoners keep comparing the situations is baffling.
Thank you for providing optimism!

We sure can use anything right now with all the pandemonium in the zone!
Originally posted by B650:
And we started 2-0 in 2007. How did that end up? Let's just stick to the present.


lol
Originally posted by Imfasterrthanurr:
Wow, so much negativity. The man isn't saying that we are the reincarnation of the 1994 superbowl team, he's just trying to inject some optimism for the fans here that have already thrown in the towel.

^^^THIS
Originally posted by franchise253:
We have Steve Young and Jerry Rice all of a sudden?

Oh wait, we have Shaun Hill and Josh Morgan.

no.
but we DO have mike singletary
and a dominant defense.
and a powerful runningback that we havent seen in 3 games
Originally posted by Trajik1:
Originally posted by Imfasterrthanurr:
Wow, so much negativity. The man isn't saying that we are the reincarnation of the 1994 superbowl team, he's just trying to inject some optimism for the fans here that have already thrown in the towel.

^^^THIS

agreed
seriously
one loss and "we suck..fire hill..no playoffs for us..we are pretenders"
talk about Faithful Fans.
Deion Sanders played a major role in our 1994 season and Deion Sanders has played a major role (detrimental) in 2009.
Originally posted by cubanb:
Deion Sanders played a major role in our 1994 season and Deion Sanders has played a major role (detrimental) in 2009.

lol He played a minor role this year.

[ Edited by Trajik1 on Oct 12, 2009 at 18:58:05 ]
Agreed. IF we make adjustments and beat the Texans all will be forgotten. BTW the past 5 years we wouldn't have came close to beating the Vikes and home and comeback and smash a team were supposed to smash. Its a tragic loss. The Pats were smoked 38-13 in 03 the year they won the superbowl. Good teams have bad days.
  • B650
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,205
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
Agreed. IF we make adjustments and beat the Texans all will be forgotten. BTW the past 5 years we wouldn't have came close to beating the Vikes and home and comeback and smash a team were supposed to smash. Its a tragic loss. The Pats were smoked 38-13 in 03 the year they won the superbowl. Good teams have bad days.

That's a big if, especially if Roman is going to be starting.