There are 103 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Anybody going to the Texans game?

Originally posted by Painter49er:
Originally posted by TXNinerFan52:
Originally posted by weezie49er:
Ill be going...anybody know what hotel the niners will be staying at or how to find out? I seem to remember someone found that out by calling the PR office???

The Niners will be staying in the JW Marriott in the Galleria.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/houjw-jw-marriott-hotel-houston/

Where did you hear this from? I'm thinking about heading to the hotel to try to get some autographs. Do you know when they'll be in town? THANKS!

My brother works for the Texans and he told me. I'm all most positive the Niners will fly in on Friday because of the time difference. The Niners flew in Friday when they played the Saints a few years ago and the Cowboys last year.

I went to the Niners hotel in Dallas last year because I had to pick up my tickets from a friend who uses to work for the Niners. I had a good time chillin’ in the lobby. There were a few Niners walking around from time to time.
Originally posted by texaniner:
Hey do yall know if we can get autographs if we go in the stadium while they are practicing... i will be in the stadium a few hours early if I can possibly get autographs while they warm up... plzzzzz let me know if u have any idea

According to the Texans website the gates open 1.5 hours before kickoff (10:30). The 49ers should start to warm up right about this time (I think). I normally get the stadium about 10 o'clock or a little after and there is hardly anyone on the field.

As far as autographs I don't think the players will sign right before the game. They might, it doesn't hurt to try to get an autograph before the game (to be honest I'm not really sure).

I know you CAN NOT get them in the parking lot after the game. There is a small parking lot (Texans players’ parking lot) on the north side of the stadium (right next to the stadium). This parking lot is fenced off with a security guard and they won't let you in. The Niners buses will be in this parking lot. On second thought, after we win a player or two may walk to the fence if someone screams for them (long shot). The best bet maybe the team hotel.
Originally posted by weezie49er:
Wow...Ill be sitting in section 126 as well...row C...me and my buddy...he is an east coasty jets fan but oh well....I was planning on going to the Mariott as well....just need to call and see if we can find out flight info so we know around when to be at the hotel....we can give them a proper Texas welcome....Im psyched!!!!

The last time the Niners came to Houston (to play the Oilers) they had the hotel lobby on lock down. You either had to know someone playing for the Niners or staying in the hotel to get in the lobby. Good thing I was with someone who knew Ray Brown. Ray got my mini helmet and jersey signed by World (Jerry Rice).

When I went to New Orleans (2006), I met my friend who worked for the Niners in the hotel lobby that Friday night (no security at all). There were a few very few players walking around. The only player I remember seeing was Jonas Jennings and his wife.

Last year in Dallas there were no security. There were a few people in the lobby Saturday night about 8-10.
[ Edited by TXNinerFan52 on Oct 19, 2009 at 10:39 PM ]

My seats are Section 123 Row K seat 1 and 2 =] with easy access to beer!
hope yall like my set up! lol.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
You guys are all rich with these seats in the 100's. I thought I did pretty good with mine in the 500s and I paid 50 bucks. I'll be in the blue lot as well, but all my buddies are Texans fans. We're starting at 9am because 8 bucks for a 12 oz beer is just not gonna fly. I'll be good and sauced by kickoff.
Sounds like a majority of Niner fans will be parked in the Blue secton. Anyone in the Yellow parking?
Wish I could be there. For all of you who are going have a great time!
I know someone that's going!!!
Ill be in the Blue lot too...
Seems to be quite a few NINER fans are making their way to the houston game. I could'nt luck out and get seats on the NINER side but it does'nt matter I got field level seats in sect 109 on the houston trashcans side so I get to give their bench a earful. GONNA BE A GREAT GAME
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TRAVELER_9ER:
Seems to be quite a few NINER fans are making their way to the houston game. I could'nt luck out and get seats on the NINER side but it does'nt matter I got field level seats in sect 109 on the houston trashcans side so I get to give their bench a earful. GONNA BE A GREAT GAME

I'm seeing a lot of 49ers fans everywhere this year. There were a ton of 49ers fans in Minnesota, and it seemed like 40% of Arizona's stadium were 49ers fans.
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by TRAVELER_9ER:

I'm seeing a lot of 49ers fans everywhere this year. There were a ton of 49ers fans in Minnesota, and it seemed like 40% of Arizona's stadium were 49ers fans.

I was at the cards' game as well. The COLORADO NINER EMPIRE chapter invited me to the tailgate in phoenix for the season opener.There was about 300 of us at the tailgate party hosted by the AZ NINER EMPIRE chapter as well as the SOCAL,THE FAITHFUL AND A FEW others. I've been going to away games since '94 and been a fan since '88. Your right. It has been quite a few NINERS FANS putting on the team colors and making noise this season at the away games.
Huston we have a problem
Originally posted by babbabooey:
Huston we have a problem

Huston do you copy? over.