There are 239 users in the forums

Harvey Dahl

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by teeohh:
lol spikes

"He has a little something with this team," Spikes said. "They cut him because he wasn't worth a (expletive)."

gotta love Spikes!

We need to bring in a Free Agent O-lineman next or at least draft one in the 2nd round. We need a Tackle in the worst way
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
We spend all these early picks on O-linemen (Baas, Rachal, Snyder) and only one has worked out (Staley).

Yet Atlanta takes a rag tag group of players last year including someone the Niners cut (had some early round talent) and turns them into one of the best o-lines in the business.

We have not been able to pick out a good offensive coaching staff for a long time now, and I'm really concerned about Singletary's ability to pick one in the future.

Year in and year out the 49ers o-line has been one of the worst in the nfl. This is simply unaceptable.

A real power running offensive line...check out Miami, Dallas, Atlanta, New Orleans.

This is a joke.

The O Line is consistently bad year after year. And it's so many players no I'm starting to wonder if it is the players at all.

Could it be the Offensive Line Coaches or Offensive Coordinator? Something is not functioning together well in unison. I think it's coaching as much as busted picks. Dahl plays good for Atlanta. Because it's well coached.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
We need to bring in a Free Agent O-lineman next or at least draft one in the 2nd round. We need a Tackle in the worst way

Screw second. First round.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Our players respect Coach standing up for them. But Singletary should have never got into it with Dahl. He has to be above that. Even if Dahl was taking cheap shots our players can defend themselves. Take a shot back at Dahl we were losing anyway. By a lot.

Who the hell are you to say what Sing should do in that situation?
Originally posted by NickV:

Screw second. First round.

We need guards more than tackles
We need a better oline coach. They turned a guy we cut into a good player and we can't make 1st and 2nd round draft picks into average players.
The Falcons plucked Dahl off our practice squad and he makes their team as a starter. In the meantime, 49ers staff agree to keep and continue developing David Baas and Adam Snyder.

Harvey Dahl has gone on to tear it up for the Falcons. He plays with a real mean streak and looks like the poor mans Steve Hutchinson.
Originally posted by sixbricks:
I'm hoping the niners will use one of the first round draft picks to get a good offensive linemen

yup
I don't get why people are flaming Sing for this, Dahl is the biggest scumbag in the league, he was looking to knock Keena Turner over after the coin toss. What's this guy's deal?

LOL btw, anybody remember the 1992 Divisional playoff game against the Redskins? George Seifert was pushing, hitting, and yelling at skins players that were purposely colliding with him on the sideline! That game totally defined the difference between the Walsh, and Seifert era of 49ers football.

Our o-line was terrible yesterday. I agree, we need better coaching on the o-line here. Last Great O-line Coach we had was of course the great Bob McKittrick

i am not sure if it is the Oline coach. i think it has been the O coordinators. i just don't thik they put anyone in positions to be succesful(well mostly i won't mentiopn his name, and now raye.
  • dust-7
  • Info N/A
Our o-line was terrible yesterday. I agree, we need better coaching on the o-line here. Last Great O-line Coach we had was of course the great Bob McKittrick

Coach McKittrick was admired around the NFL! He was a star.

What a loss that they have NOT yet been able to fill. Of course, Garcia was expected to carry on for Young and could barely manage. We've had little since - except for a 'magic' around Hill that has generally prevented his foul-ups from hurting the team. A strange magic. Not so with his low throw, yesterday.
Originally posted by 9erred:
This is what COACHING can do for any pro level player. Dahl was CUT by the Niners, he played RT for the Falcons last year beacuse the starter was injured and did well. He is the starting Guard, and played really well.

Our Offensive line has talent, but for whatever reason our coaching sucks for the OL.

The falcons have given up 2 sacks this season, the niners give up that many in a half.

For a run first team, all I can say is we have given up on way to many OL who are now starters for other teams.

Dahl, Smiley, Kyle Kosier.

thank you, our O line isnt as bad as it looks right now. Our offensive coaches are.
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Originally posted by 9erred:
This is what COACHING can do for any pro level player. Dahl was CUT by the Niners, he played RT for the Falcons last year beacuse the starter was injured and did well. He is the starting Guard, and played really well.

Our Offensive line has talent, but for whatever reason our coaching sucks for the OL.

The falcons have given up 2 sacks this season, the niners give up that many in a half.

For a run first team, all I can say is we have given up on way to many OL who are now starters for other teams.

Dahl, Smiley, Kyle Kosier.

thank you, our O line isnt as bad as it looks right now. Our offensive coaches are.
Dolphins 2004: His O-Line was tied for second worst in the league in sacks allowed (52). They also were tied for dead last in average yards per rush (3.5 yards).

In 2005 with the same personnel and without Foerster the Dolphins were fourth best in the league at protecting the quarterback with 26 sacks and tied for seventh best in YPC

[ Edited by AkNiners on Oct 13, 2009 at 02:15:37 ]
yeah instead of DeSean Jackson the 9ers picked Rachal..........even when Jackson was very good at Cal. And they could really use a kick/punt returner since Rossum was cut and I cringe everytime I see Walker, Robinson or Battle returning.
Share 49ersWebzone