There are 161 users in the forums

Should Singletary have given Alex Smith a shot vs. Falcons?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The announcers were talking about it so I thought I would see what the zone's feelings are on the subject. I say no, the whole team sucked, stick by your guy Hill.
Originally posted by matt49er:
The announcers were talking about it so I thought I would see what the zone's feelings are on the subject. I say no, the whole team sucked, stick by your guy Hill.

No. It would have sent a mixed message to the team going into the bye. they will live and die with Hill at QB unless he gets hurt.
merged in 3....2...1.....
  • flow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by E-49er:

No. It would have sent a mixed message to the team going into the bye. they will live and die with Hill at QB unless he gets hurt.

Exactly, the last thing this team needs is a media-fueled quarterback controversy raging for two weeks.

[ Edited by Crazy4Niners on Oct 11, 2009 at 21:27:32 ]
Originally posted by bigmike55:
I wanted him to, but I understand why not.

1) It was Hill's suckfest of a game, and it was his suckfest to finish.

2) If he could get absolutely ANYTHING going, hopefully he could get SOMETHING positive to finish with and maybe build a little momentum. He never did.

Sing should have benched the whole first team. Let 'em sit on that message. Hill was not the only one who played badly. In fact, I can't think of any member of the entire team that played well.

This was absolutely a collective loss. Every member of the team from the coaches to the players contributed to this embarrassment in some way. It is unfair to single anyone out, although Bly did exceptionally bad.

There are no excuses to be had all the way around. They better get their heads out of their collective a$$es and quick.

THEY SHOULD HAVE PUT IN ALEX SMITH!!!! look at these stats.... 15/38 198yds and 1 int

you throw 38 times and you cant even get up to 200 yards or at least a TD.. sad..

the bottom line is.... YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!!!!
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
What exactly would putting Alex Smith in the game have accomplished?

A) There is no way we would have been able to come back even if Peyton Manning was in at QB

B) Putting in Alex Smith starts a QB controversy, and with all the issues that we have on both sides of the ball....how does dividing the team make us better

C) Alex Smith is worse than Shaun Hill. If people can't see that after 5 years...then I don't even know what to say.

Alex should have played the 4th quarter. The game was out of hand and if Hill is the man for the year then there was no reason for him to be playing in a losing situation. All it did was put him in a postion to get hurt, especially the way he was running for yards when no one was open. Put Alex in, let him get some playtime and save Hill for later.
Originally posted by crzy:

A) There is no way we would have been able to come back even if Peyton Manning was in at QB

B) Putting in Alex Smith starts a QB controversy, and with all the issues that we have on both sides of the ball....how does dividing the team make us better

C) Alex Smith is worse than Shaun Hill. If people can't see that after 5 years...then I don't even know what to say.

A) It's not a thing about coming back, it is a thing to send a message to the team!

B) If Steve Young can be benched during a game, then so can Shaun Hill!!!!

C) Whether he is worse or not, your missing the point
I don't think so...the poor little guy would have gottne creamed out there today the way he holds onto the ball. What would that accomplish?
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Originally posted by crzy:

A) It's not a thing about coming back, it is a thing to send a message to the team!

B) If Steve Young can be benched during a game, then so can Shaun Hill!!!!

C) Whether he is worse or not, your missing the point

A) The message: Hill is not a problem

B) Sing said Hill needs all the reps he can get.

C) Point is Smith can play only if Hill's injured
Originally posted by Ninerman49:

THEY SHOULD HAVE PUT IN ALEX SMITH!!!! look at these stats.... 15/38 198yds and 1 int

you throw 38 times and you cant even get up to 200 yards or at least a TD.. sad..

the bottom line is.... YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!!!!

And to think Morgan's Big catch that had a butt load of YAC added to those numbers.
Share 49ersWebzone