LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

**Post game press conference**

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Post game press conference

Mike seemed too calm. Weird. Check it out
  • Adman
  • Veteran
That's cuz he probably just exploded in rage on the entire team.
coach squirtle was shell shocked
I can't get it to play. What did he say? Can you summarize it to me please.
Would love to see what goes on in that locker room when he press isnt there. Wait......that doesnt sound right but you guys know what I mean.haha
Shaun Hill using the term "intestinal fortitude" has me right back on his side...
  • Adman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sicc110:
Would love to see what goes on in that locker room when he press isnt there. Wait......that doesnt sound right but you guys know what I mean.haha

Why doesn't that sound right? Are you insinuating something?
  • Veteran
He started sound like Nolan. Blah, blah, blah.
This was a shocker for sure, Sing is gonna need to watch the tape before any real criticism comes out. All I can say is practice is gonna be real nasty!
Originally posted by 190836:
He started sound like Nolan. Blah, blah, blah.

Dude.I wanted to say that but I didnt want to put Sing and Nolan in the same sentence.

* He said when a game goes like this clearly we didn't prepare our guys to play. He did say the players have to take responsibility, but so does the coaching staff. That pretty much sums it up.

I think he was very calm because I think he realized that this time the failure really fell at least 50 percent on the coaching staff.

I'm glad to see the coach maturing and that he has more than one type of response for every occassion. Remeber, he is learning too. He wasn't even a DC or OC before this gig.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/11/singletary-i-wish-i-had-more-coaching-etiquette-ok/

The 49ers 45-10 loss against the Falcons unsurprisingly included many moments of high intensity on the sideline from 49ers coach Mike Singletary.

During one of those moments, Singletary started yelling at Falcons lineman Harvey Dahl.

Singletary was asked about the incident after the game by Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury News.

"As a coach, I just needed to overlook that and move on. But you get caught up in the heat of the moment," Singletary said.

"I'll put it this way, I wish that I was more . . . I wish I had more coaching etiquette, OK? I don't. I love my players. And when someone responds about my players in a particular way, you know, I may . . . do some things that I shouldn't. I have to get better at those things as time goes on."

Singletary's concern for his composure makes sense, but his players surely appreciate him defending them. The passion Singletary has instilled in the franchise is part of why he's been successful to this point.

The 49ers don't have an overly talented roster, so they will have to rely on emotion and effort to carry them through most weeks.

On Sunday, emotion seemed to get the better of them in their 45-10 loss. But Singletary would but a lot less fun to watch, and possibly less effective, if he toned things down.

Who needs coaching etiquette?
Any tricks to getting the vid to play? I get the loading screen on all the vids over there.
Originally posted by sicc110:
Post game press conference

Mike seemed too calm. Weird. Check it out

Him flipping out vs the Seahawks last year was planned and you will never see that again out of Sing.
  • Veteran
Of course he was calm. He got out coached in every phase of the game. Who is he gonna yell at, himself?
Share 49ersWebzone