LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 308 users in the forums

O line Sucks!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by nvchamp9ers:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Chilo is killing us. RT is a problem. Center is a little overrated.

Chilo=great Run blocker but very raw STILL in passblocking, that falls on coaching. He has all the tools needs someone to help him read techniques and help him get his sets right and then he will really excel but right now him and Baas are really killing our line.

Actually Baas is outplaying him by a long shot right now. As of the present time Chilo doesn't even belong on the field.

Still Raw at pass blocking would be an understatement.

I would be interested to see how anyone grades baas out to higher than Rachal and then be interested on what criteria they are using to grade them out bc it certainly isn't the standard set of criteria. As far as grading out the O-line my currnt list is as such
1-staley
2-heitmann
3-Rachal
4-Synder
5-Sims
6-Baas
7-Pashos

That is how the grade out to the normal O-line standard criteria. But I would be interested to see where and how Baas is graded out higher than Rachal?

Pass blocking.
who wants to start the "Bring Back Kwame!" thread?

Its the Raiders fault....

If they drafted Crabtree we would have Michael Oher now.

Chilo=great Run blocker but very raw STILL in passblocking, that falls on coaching. He has all the tools needs someone to help him read techniques and help him get his sets right and then he will really excel but right now him and Baas are really killing our line.

Actually Baas is outplaying him by a long shot right now. As of the present time Chilo doesn't even belong on the field.

Wow, I agree with you. No joke, Chilo is the worst part to our line. I was very, very wrong about him
Originally posted by TDNiners:

Oher would have been better no matter how MONEYtree turns out.

I would be interested to see how anyone grades baas out to higher than Rachal and then be interested on what criteria they are using to grade them out bc it certainly isn't the standard set of criteria. As far as grading out the O-line my currnt list is as such
1-staley
2-heitmann
3-Rachal
4-Synder
5-Sims
6-Baas
7-Pashos

That is how the grade out to the normal O-line standard criteria. But I would be interested to see where and how Baas is graded out higher than Rachal?

Rachal has been a liability this season. He gets beaten at THE most inopportune times. Our G's for the most part have both sucked I think. Staley and Hietmann's play have fallen off some as well, but imo that due to the rt and G's sloppy play.

I would LOVE to see the Niners FINALLY spend some money on the oline. We should have never let Smiley go.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:

Wow, I agree with you. No joke, Chilo is the worst part to our line. I was very, very wrong about him

People are starting to realize it. Chilo gets so much love here on the WZ. Why? What has he done? Look how he pass blocks in game after game. It's not just once. He's terrible at pass blocking. He's about equal to Kwame Harris but just at the Guard position instead.

Unless we pick up Russel Okung/or Trent Williams, and Eric Berry in next years draft(although there is a DB out there I like better than berry)
maybe some changes here coming out of bye week, I can see them plugging Wragge in for Chilo.

Exactly, it actually delayed our rebuilding of the OL where we needed help.
Great we have a receiver but our QB is on his back or no time to throw.

But thats water under the bridge. We need the OL to step up.

Yes, we know.
Originally posted by job2436:
Wow, I think the Falcons really opened our eyes on how bad things are. The loss to the Vikings was one thing, but this, this is pathetic. To see Hill throw passes with The Duke not even aware the pass was coming, come on, that's rookie s#*t!! I do blame the line but you also can't tell me the WR's are NEVER open.........that's BS.

that was all vernon davis man. he needs to read were the LB is playing. RULE #1 for any TE or WR you run in front of the defender not behind him on a hot read! that's what he was doing. davis kept trying to run behind the LB. Bush league man. my 13yr old son knew that yesterday & even told me about it. fundamentals!
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
yes, i nocited that O line still sucks!

Damn we suck.
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
yes, i nocited that O line still sucks!

singletary is always correct like school teacher mic'd up.. chilo rachel is big dummy
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by job2436:
Wow, I think the Falcons really opened our eyes on how bad things are. The loss to the Vikings was one thing, but this, this is pathetic. To see Hill throw passes with The Duke not even aware the pass was coming, come on, that's rookie s#*t!! I do blame the line but you also can't tell me the WR's are NEVER open.........that's BS.

that was all vernon davis man. he needs to read were the LB is playing. RULE #1 for any TE or WR you run in front of the defender not behind him on a hot read! that's what he was doing. davis kept trying to run behind the LB. Bush league man. my 13yr old son knew that yesterday & even told me about it. fundamentals!

Did you realize that on the 1st one Hill wasn't even throwing the ball to Vernon?
Share 49ersWebzone