LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

O line Sucks!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • casadoba
  • Info N/A
After this Falcons loss its pretty clear that the niners biggest problems are the inconsistent play of the O line and the lack of a pass rush on defense. Singletary wants a offense that can run the ball. Thats a hard thing to do when the opposing defense plays on the niner side of the line of scrimmage on run plays. It seems we are always in 3rd and long situations and thats not a formula for success. Pass protection has also been terrible. Hill rarely has time to throw and when he does, it seems no one is open at times. I dont know, if having no one being open down the field, has more to do with the WR's not getting open, or the offensive scheme, or Hill not being able to execute. There seems to be lack of chemistry between the QB and WR's. We have the same players on offense from last year for the most part but everyone seem to be completely out of sink.
yes, i nocited that O line still sucks!
Luckily the draft is two rounds deep in quality linemen on both sides of the ball. I say if we get the chance, we draft Berry @ safety, then start on the lines.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Luckily the draft is two rounds deep in quality linemen on both sides of the ball. I say if we get the chance, we draft Berry @ safety, then start on the lines.

Good plan, but what do we do about it THIS YEAR?!?
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

maybe he has given up on this year already

Fire our O-Line coach tomorrow morning and bring in someone that knows what the f**k they're doing??

What can we do? Work their asses off and hope they learn is all we can do. Make them aware they are playing for their jobs and see if it inspires them to do better.
  • Mex49

Well I hope to f**k that Holmgren is putting his master plan together
Originally posted by Mex49:

Well I hope to f**k that Holmgren is putting his master plan together

Your singletary hate is really laughable, Singletary is the reason that this undetalented team(don't be mistaken we are extremely weak in the roster bc of the Nolan/Erikson dictaorship era) is overachieveing the way it does. Without Singletary we are back in the winless Nolan area. On the sideline today u could see how players react to him and how THEY WANT to win for him. He is still learning but don't be mistaken he is a very good coach and if we don't want him here(which would be crazy) he will be picked up immediately.

Wow, I think the Falcons really opened our eyes on how bad things are. The loss to the Vikings was one thing, but this, this is pathetic. To see Hill throw passes with The Duke not even aware the pass was coming, come on, that's rookie s#*t!! I do blame the line but you also can't tell me the WR's are NEVER open.........that's BS.
Chilo is killing us. RT is a problem. Center is a little overrated.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Chilo=great Run blocker but very raw STILL in passblocking, that falls on coaching. He has all the tools needs someone to help him read techniques and help him get his sets right and then he will really excel but right now him and Baas are really killing our line.
Originally posted by nvchamp9ers:

Chilo=great Run blocker but very raw STILL in passblocking, that falls on coaching. He has all the tools needs someone to help him read techniques and help him get his sets right and then he will really excel but right now him and Baas are really killing our line.

Actually Baas is outplaying him by a long shot right now. As of the present time Chilo doesn't even belong on the field.

Still Raw at pass blocking would be an understatement.

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Oct 11, 2009 at 20:22:05 ]
Originally posted by nvchamp9ers:

Actually Baas is outplaying him by a long shot right now. As of the present time Chilo doesn't even belong on the field.

Still Raw at pass blocking would be an understatement.

I would be interested to see how anyone grades baas out to higher than Rachal and then be interested on what criteria they are using to grade them out bc it certainly isn't the standard set of criteria. As far as grading out the O-line my currnt list is as such
1-staley
2-heitmann
3-Rachal
4-Synder
5-Sims
6-Baas
7-Pashos

That is how the grade out to the normal O-line standard criteria. But I would be interested to see where and how Baas is graded out higher than Rachal?
Share 49ersWebzone