LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 357 users in the forums

start alex smith after the bye?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

start alex smith after the bye?

Hill sucks monkey ....
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by brhokla:
I'm sorry but I cannot compare Smith to Hill as Smith has the tools to be a QB in the NFL but Hill does not.

I know Smith has a stronger arm. I know he's younger and more athletic. But I'll take gutsy over arm strength any day. Didn't you read what Singletary said about Hill?

"I thought he was running for his life the whole game," Singletary said.

How are you going to complete a good pass that way. So bad that now Singletary is considering benching Rachal.

Smith isn't gutsy? I seem to remember him playing with a severly separated shoulder for a couple of games.
  • B650
  • Veteran
All I can say is watch Sanchez tonight. Now imagine him on our team. See a difference?

[ Edited by B650 on Oct 12, 2009 at 17:21:33 ]
Originally posted by B650:
All I can say is watch Sanchez tonight. Now imagine him on our team. See a difference?

Agreed. He's much better than Smith.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostofJimmyDean:

Much better than anyone we've had since 2002.
Isn't there already a thread like this?

Oh my bad, that one was "Alex Smith is bi-"

Agreed again. So why are people trying to replace trash with sewer waste? We won't be able to do anything about the quarterback situation until the off-season anyway.

there is a bog difference starting your rookie team with tons of talent and then starting a team with no talent what so ever does a lot to your confidence
  • B650
  • Veteran

Agreed again. So why are people trying to replace trash with sewer waste? We won't be able to do anything about the quarterback situation until the off-season anyway.

Sewer waste has potential.

Sewer waste has potential.

The potential to stink.

Quoting from another thread.

Quote:
Again. Really like Smith, but I'd have to see Hill play this bad for a second consecutive game to want to make a change. You give the player a chance to rebound, yanking him so soon not only doesn't make sense, it is completely unfair. Even the best QBs have terrible games.

Giving Hill a chance to rebound over the next game or two is the same courtesy I'd give to Smith or ANY of our other QBs. Yes, he played awful, but seeing how he responds is what is important. You always want to give them at least a small chance to turn it around. If he doesn't? Then put in Smith.
reading this thread is like watching the tootie pop commercail when I was a kid!

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

One (in the voice of the old owl)

two

Cruch.....

The World may never know.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Quote:
Again. Really like Smith, but I'd have to see Hill play this bad for a second consecutive game to want to make a change. You give the player a chance to rebound, yanking him so soon not only doesn't make sense, it is completely unfair. Even the best QBs have terrible games.

Giving Hill a chance to rebound over the next game or two is the same courtesy I'd give to Smith or ANY of our other QBs. Yes, he played awful, but seeing how he responds is what is important. You always want to give them at least a small chance to turn it around. If he doesn't? Then put in Smith.

Except he's had 5 bad games now, in a row. I'll give him 8 and then he's out.

Quote:

I think he played average against the Rams, but poorly yesterday. If he plays "poorly" again, then I'd do something.

Quote:

I think he played average against the Rams, but poorly yesterday. If he plays "poorly" again, then I'd do something.

no way he did good against he rams theyre D sucks and there is something wrong when your D scorees as much as your O
Share 49ersWebzone