There are 156 users in the forums

start alex smith after the bye?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

start alex smith after the bye?

why bail on Hill now? sure he looked like crap today but so did everyone save maybe Willis. Alex Smith needs to sit longer before he is given another chance and S.Hill deserves more than 1 bad game before losing his job. we're 3-2 and 2 seconds away from 4-1 save today's game we have the 6th ranked D that we were all excited about, a good running game when Gore gets back, VD is playing great and MC is coming. Chill out we're 3-0 in the division and will make the playoffs why bench Hill now?
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by matt49er:
why bail on Hill now? sure he looked like crap today but so did everyone save maybe Willis. Alex Smith needs to sit longer before he is given another chance and S.Hill deserves more than 1 bad game before losing his job. we're 3-2 and 2 seconds away from 4-1 save today's game we have the 6th ranked D that we were all excited about, a good running game when Gore gets back, VD is playing great and MC is coming. Chill out we're 3-0 in the division and will make the playoffs why bench Hill now?

Looked like crap today? Hill has looked like crap all season. The reason he got a pass was because we were winning. Now we're 3-2. If this continues in Houston and Indianapolis (which I see happening), it's time to change QBs. Seriously people, think about it. Can Smith really do any worse than Hill? Besides, maybe Smith shows something and he can increase his trade value a little.
  • NP9er
  • Veteran
As bad as I feel for Smith, what No-win did to Smith as he was just beginning (and I mean JUST BEGINNING) to understand what playing QB in this league is really like. I can't go along with pulling Noddles yet. One overall bad game can be over come if the team is willing to learn from their mistakes. I have to give Noodles another chance, and another chance after that, because for all his lack of physical tools he does show heart and leadership. I don't know if Alex Smith has had some of his mechanics straightened out yet, and I also don't know if any QB can truely become good let alone great in this Neanderthal offensive scheme. But I do know that at some point, a few more of Noodles' lame duck floaters are going to be picked off and it will be obvious, even to "the game manager lovers" that we will only be truly successful when we have STRONG play from the quarterback position. Something that Noodles is painfully unable to provide. No matter how much effort he puts into it.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by B650:
Seriously people, think about it. Can Smith really do any worse than Hill?

Yes, absolutely.

My evidence: Everything Alex Smith has done from 2005-2009
Originally posted by crzy:

Yes, absolutely.

Exactly! And I agree Hill hasn't been great this season but he has made plays when he needed to and won games for us. His WR's were as much to blame today for his horrible completion % as he was let's not forget the absence of a running game the last 2 week's w/o Gore. All that's going to change after the bye, plus Hill has not had all his weapons yet Jones has been hurt and we know about Crabtree. I can't wait until Gore comes back and we can see what those 2 WR's can add to the offense.
really ?! about 350+ votes for smith

thats incredible
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by crzy:

Yes, absolutely.

Exactly! And I agree Hill hasn't been great this season but he has made plays when he needed to and won games for us. His WR's were as much to blame today for his horrible completion % as he was let's not forget the absence of a running game the last 2 week's w/o Gore. All that's going to change after the bye, plus Hill has not had all his weapons yet Jones has been hurt and we know about Crabtree. I can't wait until Gore comes back and we can see what those 2 WR's can add to the offense.

You could put Jesus Christ in at RB, but if the OL continues to play like this, expect the same results. I'm not expecting much out of Gore to be honest. Not even Barry Sanders would do well on this OL. And Crabtree...how much is he going to help us? He's only going to be on the field for 3rd downs and he's a rookie. Just because the bye week is coming up, doesn't mean all our offensive problems are going to be solved. I'm going to be pessimistic until I see reason for optimism.
Originally posted by 49ersking:
Alex is a weak guy, with little or not heart. If you put him in with this OLINE, he will get hurt in a few series.

Well there you go. Problem solved. That could be Nate Davis' path to QB this season.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I'm fine with the Shaun Hill criticism he deserves it.

But calling for Alex Smith as our savior is laughable
Originally posted by Hopper:
Put Alex Smith in? Hell no!

4 good games and one bad game is not enough to bench a QB.

4 good games? What the hell you been watching?

Our defense is what won us 3 games and almost a 4th in Minn.

[ Edited by kronik on Oct 11, 2009 at 22:27:58 ]

Originally posted by BringBackTO:
Originally posted by Afrikan:

• jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kronik:

If I remember right...it was the D that cost us the game in minn.
Originally posted by 49ersking:
Alex is a weak guy, with little or not heart. If you put him in with this OLINE, he will get hurt in a few series.

Wasn't it just a few years ago Alex set a franchise record for playing every single snap of the season? Didn't he try and play through a spereated shoulder? Yeah... little or no heart at all.

[ Edited by ION2814 on Oct 11, 2009 at 22:33:34 ]
Originally posted by jcs:

Actually that was the offense not being able to convert a first down.
Originally posted by ION2814:
Originally posted by jcs:

Actually that was the offense not being able to convert a first down.

Nah. The defense knew the offense was going to go 0/13 on 3rd downs the entire game. They had to play better and they didn't. Our defense choked...

lmao
Share 49ersWebzone