There are 101 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Announcers Were ALL OVER US....

• ZRF80
Forget the East Coast bias bulls**t. I could tell that Moose and Goose were really pulling for us. They were as much shell-shocked as we were when they saw that putrid performance.

Even Bradshaw during halftime seemed a little stunned at our effort.

We let a lot of people down today folks. A lot of sports nation was riding our sack there, but we pretty much snipped it off with a pair of scissors in a span of 3 hours.

Back to the loom and gloom of the underworld. I know I wont be seeing another Niners game on Sunday on the East Coast for a long time. Back to s**tty streams, and discussing our "greatness" as compared to the Rams, Redskins, and Dolphins.

Too bad......I thought we were really going to make a statement today. Boy was I wrong......and so was NFL nation.............
No question. If I was a Falcons fan, I would be pissed. They put up 45 points and all they talked about was how dissapointing our defense was.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Forget the East Coast bias bulls**t. I could tell that Moose and Goose were really pulling for us. They were as much shell-shocked as we were when they saw that putrid performance.

Even Bradshaw during halftime seemed a little stunned at our effort.

We let a lot of people down today folks. A lot of sports nation was riding our sack there, but we pretty much snipped it off with a pair of scissors in a span of 3 hours.

Back to the loom and gloom of the underworld. I know I wont be seeing another Niners game on Sunday on the East Coast for a long time. Back to s**tty streams, and discussing our "greatness" as compared to the Rams, Redskins, and Dolphins.

Too bad......I thought we were really going to make a statement today.
Boy was I wrong......and so was NFL nation.............

me too man, me too. what a disappointment. when it was about to be 14-13 i was f**king pumped. then there was a sack. then there was 90 yd td. and then it just fell apart faster than you could blink. it was unreal. the "fumble" we couldn't challenge ended the game in the 2nd quarter.

oh, and good job dre bly. for being a stupid f**king idiot.

[ Edited by chico49erfan on Oct 11, 2009 at 16:49:53 ]
i agree wholeheartedly on this. they seemed just a shocked as we all are...we definitely disappointed a lot of folks today
We finally earned some respect and this happens...
  • titan
  • Veteran
A horrible day, but it I really feel that it's a fluke! even with that loss we are not this bad! we are off about 7 real starters on our team, but we are not this bad.
Yah, they put more blame on the Niners than giving the Falcons credit.
  • Envy
  • Veteran
No offence to the thread and all but f**k the announcer and the media. The 9ers let US down. They let the Coach down and more importantly they let themselves down.

This is the problem when you have the media blowing wind up their arse. People buy into the hype. That team that went out there on the Bill Walsh Field had delusions of grandeur. They owe us an apology.

[ Edited by Envy on Oct 11, 2009 at 16:54:26 ]
Originally posted by SolRebe1:

That's a good thing. This team is not this bad. Guess it was just an off day.
Originally posted by niners94:

Correction: the DEFENSE had an off-day. The offense did exactly what it has been doing since the season began.
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by titan:
A horrible day, but it I really feel that it's a fluke! even with that loss we are not this bad! we are off about 7 real starters on our team, but we are not this bad.

But we are. Dont you get it ? Atlanta exposed to the NFL world that we are a one dimnensional team. All defense. Get into the defense's head, put up some points, and the offense wont bail them out. It wasnt really a mystery from the get-go, but I think we had a lot of people convinced that we resembled the 85 Bears/00 Ravens. Unfortunately, ATL put together the perfect gameplan. I mean, lets take Sing's TO in the first quarter, for example. He calls a TO. Has his team pumped. What does ATL do the very next play ? Air it our for a TD and take the steam right out of our players. BRILLIANT.

I agree that we're not 45-10 bad. But Im damn sure that every team on our schedule is gonna try to air it out on us and score points for the rest of the season. BTW, we have Schaub-Johnson, Manning-Wayne, and Rodgers-Driver-Jennings coming up in the next few weeks.
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
Originally posted by niners94:

Correction: the DEFENSE had an off-day. The offense did exactly what it has been doing since the season began.

Well, the offense needs to step it up. 10 points isn't going to cut it. Also, it wouldn't shock me if this defense just gave up after giving up 21 points. That's a huge mountain to climb for this offense.

But we are. Dont you get it ? Atlanta exposed to the NFL world that we are a one dimnensional team. All defense. Get into the defense's head, put up some points, and the offense wont bail them out. It wasnt really a mystery from the get-go, but I think we had a lot of people convinced that we resembled the 85 Bears/00 Ravens. Unfortunately, ATL put together the perfect gameplan. I mean, lets take Sing's TO in the first quarter, for example. He calls a TO. Has his team pumped. What does ATL do the very next play ? Air it our for a TD and take the steam right out of our players. BRILLIANT.

I agree that we're not 45-10 bad. But Im damn sure that every team on our schedule is gonna try to air it out on us and score points for the rest of the season. BTW, we have Schaub-Johnson, Manning-Wayne, and Rodgers-Driver-Jennings coming up in the next few weeks.

That's my concern: Atlant gave the NFL the blueprint to beat us. Which means we will have to adjust and I don't think we have the players or the coaches to do that.
We deserve to be talked about however they want after that showing. The Falcons came in there & punched our ass in the mouth & we didn't do much about it! I'm very disappointed & now have a bad afternoon on my birthday & can't do much about it until Houston in two weeks. This sucks!
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:

That's my concern: Atlant gave the NFL the blueprint to beat us. Which means we will have to adjust and I don't think we have the players or the coaches to do that.

We have the players. Hill and this SAME offense has put up plenty of points on the board in previous years. What we lack is an OC. He doesnt call plays to Hill's strengths. I havent seen one roll out this season. We barely call screens unless it's 3rd and 15+. A heavy run game combined with simple out patterns and hitches (oh, and a simple VD seam down the middle) is all we have in our arsenal. Very unimaginative, and I feel bad for Hill cause the current playbook is totally not his game...........