There are 73 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

This team needs more speed

We may need to go Al Davis and start hoarding some speed. On both sides of the ball, I don't think we have enough speed/range to play with some of the faster teams. You see it in the safeties... especially with Mark Roman unable to catch up to Roddy White on the angle. I saw it in the Vikings game where our guys struggled to match up with their quickness. We need more guys to stretch the field both vertically and horizontally... we need a fast running back, though I'm sure our playcalling/Oline limits that as well. You can't teach speed.
I'm baffled we have a te and slow rb on kickoff returns! Put spurlock back there otherwise he is a waste of a roster spot
  • titan
  • Veteran
That was depressing! He pulled away like a sports car on a Kia!
bring up sheets !
I dont know if thats going to make a big difference if the oline doesnt create any holes or get any push, plus the fact that the qb gets no time. Im curious do you guys think we are better at pass blocking or run blocking?
Originally posted by shogunass:
I dont know if thats going to make a big difference if the oline doesnt create any holes or get any push, plus the fact that the qb gets no time. Im curious do you guys think we are better at pass blocking or run blocking?

honestly we are terrible at both
I think this team has plenty of speed where we need it. The problem with today was the team came out flat, lost all it's momentum when Walker fumbled the KR and the loss snowballed and the team gave up. We need to fix our OL right now, whatever was going on with the lack of continuity between Hill and Davis/Morgan needs to be addressed as well. We seriously need to consider moving Bruce to the bench, he is old, invisible and we have Jones back from injury and Crabtree here Battle is playing better than Bruce is also.
Which is why I've been saying since PRE-SEASON that Kory Sheets needs to be on the field! He is the fastest player on this team. People say he can't block so putting him in there is signaling the other team it's a run play - well guess what? Raye's simplistic and weak play calling is already doing that!

Did anyone see what adding Chris Johnson did for the Titan's offense last year? Speed kills.

So here is the fix - next year draft C.J. SPILLER from Auburn! Yep, 1st round pick on a running back. Gore needs a qualty back up who can take over in a couple of years. Coffee? He is horrible! I didn't like the pick when we made it, and it's gotten nothing but worse since then. He brings nothing to the offense - and brings nothing to the team other than "backup RB". Sheets needs some work to become a more complete back. Spiller could come in right away and be a backup & change of pace runner for us. Deadly speed, experience cathing - AND an experienced threat in the return game!
White burned us like Owens did last year. Worse even.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
White burned us like Owens did last year. Worse even.

Nate didn't play well at all.
we should fire OL coach !
Originally posted by cNiner:
bring up sheets !

If coffey is hurt might have to
Originally posted by dhp318:
We may need to go Al Davis and start hoarding some speed. On both sides of the ball, I don't think we have enough speed/range to play with some of the faster teams. You see it in the safeties... especially with Mark Roman unable to catch up to Roddy White on the angle. I saw it in the Vikings game where our guys struggled to match up with their quickness. We need more guys to stretch the field both vertically and horizontally... we need a fast running back, though I'm sure our playcalling/Oline limits that as well. You can't teach speed.

Last time i checked....Fastest TE in the game....Gore is quick and can break long ones....fastest LB's in the game. Our FS caught petersen in Minn. I don't think we really need team speed. It would be nice but we can win with what we have
Kory Sheets = our Norwood/Washington equivalent..

i think we are hiding him from the NFL on the practice squad right now, so we can keep Robinson on for special teams while developing Sheets under the radar..
Dez