Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by taney71:
Originally posted by backontop:

Great logic. Why even have Alex Smith on the team if there are so many haters?
What exactly is he going to do if given time? He plays at best on the same level as Hill.

They play on the same level???

Hill-dinks and dunks, can't throw down field, can't throw a spiral, Receivers have been heard comparing Hill's passes to "coming down like a punt", can hand the ball off
Smith-spreads the ball, inconsistant, happy feet, can get the ball down field, can throw a tight spiral, can throw the dink and dunks that Hill does, can hand the ball off.

If you ask me they are close to the same level. Both QB will manage a game when winning or the game is close. but in a blow out like today Smith clearly gives you the best chance to get some points.

Yeah they both struggle, except Hill can actually pull something out of his ass sometimes. I think my blunt analysis is pretty spot on.

Where's the analysis?

I said blunt didn't I?
Both suck, except Hill can be clutch at some points.

Remind me. What points? I am not being an ass. Just want to know.

I just stated it. What's hard not to get.

What points was Hill clutch? In actually games where he lead the team to game winning drives?
Come on, Martz had an inferior receiving corp (Morgan was only a rookie) and he still made Hill look like the real thing. We moved the ball pretty darn well with him.
The offensive line is this team's real problem. I only see 2 guys on the line who are worth it, Staley and Heitmann.

Any fan who actually knows about football should realize this.

it wasn't a bad playcall when Raye called for a nice passing play on 4th down was it?
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
If I've said this once I've said it a hundred times here.

Raye's playcalling is NOT the problem. He has to use what he's given and he HAS done this. He's used Davis and Walker and Martz hardly if EVER included them in his Offense. He runs the ball with Gore. Something that Martz didn't do very much of either.

The Receivers. If they could count on seeing the ball consistently deeper than 10-15 yards, I think they would start catching the ball more.

The OLine is it great? No. But they did get the job done over the previous 4 weeks. Only against the Rams and now the Falcons have they not been consistent.

There is a reason for the above issues NOT working properly.

Raye has to call Passing plays that are extremely limited. He can't open up the playbook because the guy under Center doesn't have a consistent arm.

The OLine has to protect him longer(still don't understand the 3 second drills in Camp) because he holds onto the F'n ball way too long. He's looking for the homerun pass.

The Receivers are going to CONTINUE to have issues holding onto his passes because they are getting their @$$3$ kicked in short yardage. The Opposing Defense sets up camp there and makes Hill beat their coverage. He RARELY does it, so they will continue to make him uncomfortable in the pocket and knock the Receivers around.

This is NOT new. This is something that has been happening since last season. Only people are so stoned on the Ws' they can't see straight.

And here I am shaking my head at how simple it really is. It's a team loss because it's a team sport. But one simple fix and things could be MUCH different.

~Ceadder

It is evident to me that there is very little confidence in what Hill can do that is reflected in the playcalling.
Originally posted by backontop:

Great logic. Why even have Alex Smith on the team if there are so many haters?
What exactly is he going to do if given time? He plays at best on the same level as Hill.

They play on the same level???

Hill-dinks and dunks, can't throw down field, can't throw a spiral, Receivers have been heard comparing Hill's passes to "coming down like a punt", can hand the ball off
Smith-spreads the ball, inconsistant, happy feet, can get the ball down field, can throw a tight spiral, can throw the dink and dunks that Hill does, can hand the ball off.

If you ask me they are close to the same level. Both QB will manage a game when winning or the game is close. but in a blow out like today Smith clearly gives you the best chance to get some points.

Yeah they both struggle, except Hill can actually pull something out of his ass sometimes. I think my blunt analysis is pretty spot on.

Where's the analysis?

I said blunt didn't I?
Both suck, except Hill can be clutch at some points.

When has Hill pulled anything out of his ass on a broken play? Ohh he scrambled for a few yards gotcha! Oh wait Smith has done the same thing. YOUR ANALYSIS IS FULL OF FAIL!
Originally posted by jones49:
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by DonJulio:
Originally posted by alex2125:
Shaun Hill did not lose this game. He just did not do anything to win it.

For all his intangibles, Shaun Hill is not "The Guy" that some people claim him to be. If the defense is performing well, and the running game is performing well, then sure, Shaun Hill can "manage" the game. But if the other aspects of the team are failing, Shaun Hill cannot carry this team back.

Shaun Hill CAN "Not Lose A Game". Shaun Hill CANNOT go out and win a game. Especially against quality competition (Rams don't count).

I'm not saying that Alex Smith is the answer. I can no longer have a valid argument for him. I just hope the organization is not satisfied by having Shuan Hill carry us to the next level. We need to develop a young talented QB...Alex Smith, Nate Davis, or 2010 Draft pick.

Bingo. Hill isn't the answer.

This game was such a waste because Coach Mike wouldn't at least see what Alex Smith could do in the second half. Smith hasn't played in two years so let's get a look at him.

If we are gonna be anything this year it will be with Hill. If we start really dropping off, put Davis in. Smith had his chance and we all know exactly the outcome.

Did Smith have a chance? That's highly debatable

There has been a lot of revisionist history when it comes to Alex Smith.

30+ starts. Other than arm strength, what does he do better than Hill? And he overthrows is targets by 10 yards so even thats a wash. Hes on the roster in a emergency event. If Davis was further along, he would be waived. Its kinda like the Tim Couch vs. Kelly Holcomb situation. They both sucked but Holcomb was the lesser of 2 evils. Same with Hill.

30 plus starts. A bunch during his rookie year on a VERY BAD TEAM. Second year improved a ton. Third year got hurt three games in and then Nolan said he was fine when he wasn't. Remember any of that?

Yeah, dont remind me. I've seen enough of him.

For all his intangibles, Shaun Hill is not "The Guy" that some people claim him to be. If the defense is performing well, and the running game is performing well, then sure, Shaun Hill can "manage" the game. But if the other aspects of the team are failing, Shaun Hill cannot carry this team back.

Shaun Hill CAN "Not Lose A Game". Shaun Hill CANNOT go out and win a game. Especially against quality competition (Rams don't count).

I'm not saying that Alex Smith is the answer. I can no longer have a valid argument for him. I just hope the organization is not satisfied by having Shuan Hill carry us to the next level. We need to develop a young talented QB...Alex Smith, Nate Davis, or 2010 Draft pick.

This game was such a waste because Coach Mike wouldn't at least see what Alex Smith could do in the second half. Smith hasn't played in two years so let's get a look at him.

If we are gonna be anything this year it will be with Hill. If we start really dropping off, put Davis in. Smith had his chance and we all know exactly the outcome.

Ummm..... NO! We resigned him because someone in the front office still believes in him. I think we need to give the kid one more chance. If he doesn't performe we cut him next year and draft another QB and let the rook and Davis compete next year!

What points was Hill clutch? In actually games where he lead the team to game winning drives?

Washington game, Bengals game, Rams game, Arizona game, almost this time at Minnesota game to name a few.

The only time I recall Alex doing that was the Arizona game from '07.

[ Edited by blunt_probe on Oct 11, 2009 at 17:07:21 ]
Originally posted by Schulzy:
The offensive line is this team's real problem. I only see 2 guys on the line who are worth it, Staley and Heitmann.

Any fan who actually knows about football should realize this.

it wasn't a bad playcall when Raye called for a nice passing play on 4th down was it?

No it wasn't a bad play call. But how many times has this team gone for it on 4th down this season?

Take your time I'll wait.

~Ceadder
the team was flat out of synch and this was a wake up call. the team will pay for it via Singletary during the bye week and i guarantee will come out with more life and concentration and better technique the rest of the season. if we have to have a game like this i'm glad it's b4 the bye week.
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Amazing the D gives up 45 points, and everyone is here bashing on Who? Only Hill... Did anyone notice our Oline giving up pressures and sacks to the second stringers?

That's what I'm saying. The D struggled today, the Oline struggled, and we were completely uncompetitive. The QB is the one person responsible to not go 3 and out.

We need to hold Hill accountable just as critical we were/are with Alex Smith. A Good QB would have found a way to be competitive, get 1st downs, keep drives alive, not throw balls into the ground.

Hill is accountable as well as many or ALL of his throws were off mark, but for the offensive thread to be 6-7 pages already, while the dfensive thread is 2 pages for giving up 45 points? It seems a little silly...
Originally posted by greywolf447:

Ummm..... NO! We resigned him because someone in the front office still believes in him. I think we need to give the kid one more chance. If he doesn't performe we cut him next year and draft another QB and let the rook and Davis compete next year!

Who the f**k still believes in Alex? Well I guess someone somewhere still believes in Davis Carr.
Bruce should have retired

Washington game, Bengals game, Rams game, Arizona game, almost this time at Minnesota game to name a few.

Ok, remember the Bengals game ok. Rams game this year? Seriously, he was clutch in a 35-0 win? Arizona, I'll give you. Minnesota?
If we had a half decent quarterback, it would make Raye's playcalling look OK..but his poor playcalling, mixed with a dogsh*t QB, and poor interior O-line= our offense right now.