Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Offensive post-game analysis (Week 5)

Originally posted by taney71:
Originally posted by jones49:
Originally posted by backontop:
Hill sucks!

/thread

Yeah its his fault...the only one that showed any guts in this beating. I would prefer a better QB too but this game was not on him. Everyone played like s**t.

Man remember when we use to blame Alex Smith for these type of games?

Originally posted by blunt_probe:

Great logic. Why even have Alex Smith on the team if there are so many haters?
What exactly is he going to do if given time? He plays at best on the same level as Hill.

Again. How do we know? He hasn't played a game in two years.

And why should believe anything has changed either? He played the same way during preseason. Singletary has already said he wants to give Hill as much time as possible.

[ Edited by blunt_probe on Oct 11, 2009 at 16:52:38 ]
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by DonJulio:
Originally posted by alex2125:
Shaun Hill did not lose this game. He just did not do anything to win it.

For all his intangibles, Shaun Hill is not "The Guy" that some people claim him to be. If the defense is performing well, and the running game is performing well, then sure, Shaun Hill can "manage" the game. But if the other aspects of the team are failing, Shaun Hill cannot carry this team back.

Shaun Hill CAN "Not Lose A Game". Shaun Hill CANNOT go out and win a game. Especially against quality competition (Rams don't count).

I'm not saying that Alex Smith is the answer. I can no longer have a valid argument for him. I just hope the organization is not satisfied by having Shuan Hill carry us to the next level. We need to develop a young talented QB...Alex Smith, Nate Davis, or 2010 Draft pick.

Bingo. Hill isn't the answer.

This game was such a waste because Coach Mike wouldn't at least see what Alex Smith could do in the second half. Smith hasn't played in two years so let's get a look at him.

If we are gonna be anything this year it will be with Hill. If we start really dropping off, put Davis in. Smith had his chance and we all know exactly the outcome.

Did Smith have a chance? That's highly debatable

There has been a lot of revisionist history when it comes to Alex Smith.

true ---i dont believe that unsubstantiated rumour that he injured his shoulder and had an inept unsupportive coach
...okay, lets see what went right...nothing...so we need to work on everything.

What exactly is he going to do if given time? He plays at best on the same level as Hill.

They play on the same level???

Hill-dinks and dunks, can't throw down field, can't throw a spiral, Receivers have been heard comparing Hill's passes to "coming down like a punt", can hand the ball off
Smith-spreads the ball, inconsistant, happy feet, can get the ball down field, can throw a tight spiral, can throw the dink and dunks that Hill does, can hand the ball off.

If you ask me they are close to the same level. Both QB will manage a game when winning or the game is close. but in a blow out like today Smith clearly gives you the best chance to get some points.
  • zero
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
What offense?
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by DonJulio:
Originally posted by alex2125:
Shaun Hill did not lose this game. He just did not do anything to win it.

For all his intangibles, Shaun Hill is not "The Guy" that some people claim him to be. If the defense is performing well, and the running game is performing well, then sure, Shaun Hill can "manage" the game. But if the other aspects of the team are failing, Shaun Hill cannot carry this team back.

Shaun Hill CAN "Not Lose A Game". Shaun Hill CANNOT go out and win a game. Especially against quality competition (Rams don't count).

I'm not saying that Alex Smith is the answer. I can no longer have a valid argument for him. I just hope the organization is not satisfied by having Shuan Hill carry us to the next level. We need to develop a young talented QB...Alex Smith, Nate Davis, or 2010 Draft pick.

Bingo. Hill isn't the answer.

This game was such a waste because Coach Mike wouldn't at least see what Alex Smith could do in the second half. Smith hasn't played in two years so let's get a look at him.

If we are gonna be anything this year it will be with Hill. If we start really dropping off, put Davis in. Smith had his chance and we all know exactly the outcome.

Did Smith have a chance? That's highly debatable

There has been a lot of revisionist history when it comes to Alex Smith.

I'm not suggesting of benching Hill today. I'm talking big picture down the road. The QB position must be addressed. We cannot rely on Shaun "one good drive a game" Hill. I want the fans to be realists. We went 3-1 almost 4-0 on the strength of our defense and running game, Not Hill's moxy and intangibles.
THE WHOOOOOOLLLLLEE TEAM SUCKED TODAY. PERIOD!!!!
hills numbers inflated.....the 61 yard pass to morgan was on the db who couldnt tackle...and the 39 yd pass to walker was way underthrown...hill is pretty lucky
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
THE WHOOOOOOLLLLLEE TEAM SUCKED TODAY. PERIOD!!!!
Originally posted by MILFS:
wanted to see what alex smith could do in garbage time

Me too! He couldn't have done any worse!!!
Ken Dorsey threw the ball with more zip than Hill does. Has there been a single pass this year that looked like Hill had an even decent arm? Certainly can't remember any. Heart and moxie and toughness are great qualities, but an NFL QB needs to be able to throw the ball harder than my sister.
Originally posted by backontop:

They play on the same level???

Hill-dinks and dunks, can't throw down field, can't throw a spiral, Receivers have been heard comparing Hill's passes to "coming down like a punt", can hand the ball off
Smith-spreads the ball, inconsistant, happy feet, can get the ball down field, can throw a tight spiral, can throw the dink and dunks that Hill does, can hand the ball off.

If you ask me they are close to the same level. Both QB will manage a game when winning or the game is close. but in a blow out like today Smith clearly gives you the best chance to get some points.

Yeah they both struggle, except Hill can actually pull something out of his ass sometimes. I think my blunt analysis is pretty spot on.
Amazing the D gives up 45 points, and everyone is here bashing on Who? Only Hill... Did anyone notice our Oline giving up pressures and sacks to the second stringers?
Originally posted by hofer36:
hills numbers inflated.....the 61 yard pass to morgan was on the db who couldnt tackle...and the 39 yd pass to walker was way underthrown...hill is pretty lucky

If you take that into concideration then Hill would have been 13/38 for 98 yards