There are 234 users in the forums

Why do we have a bunch of slow guys returning kickoffs?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Silky
  • Veteran
It blows my mind!
because we dont have anyone fast
where the f**k is rossum?? Please don't tell me he's being punished for his performance in Minnesota. He's easily our best return man.
Originally posted by rxrunner:

Spurlock and Jason Hill should be getting a shot. They both have experience (Hill's is not in the NFL) and they are faster than Walker and Battle.

This
we don't have the horses. i still can't fathom why rossum is benched for arnaz and walker.
Because we don't have great speed on our team.
arnaz battle is useless. cut him already and give BJones a shot.
  • Pogity
  • Info N/A
Aren't we all overreacting? Delanie Walker may be our best return guy. He may be our best playmaker altogether.

Totally disagree with everyone - I hope Rossum stays off the acive roster. Delanie will get better, he needs more touches.
I should hope we look for someone who is much better than the production we have received thus far in the return game. Clearly both kickoff and punt returners NOT getting the job done especially the kickoff. Delanie needs to spend more time on the offense only (focus on this and improve his game). He is not a gifted returner and is clearly out of his element. Then again, the coaches should be able to see this.

Crabtree can return kicks...
I cringe whenever Delanie and Battle are out there. After this game, unfortunately everyone now knows why.
  • shogunass
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
I cringe whenever Delanie and Battle are out there. After this game, unfortunately everyone now knows why.

Why? I bet when kickoff teams see Walker and Battle back there it strikes fear in there hearts. Theyre a threat to take it the distance when ever they touch the ball

[ Edited by shogunass on Oct 11, 2009 at 18:22:05 ]
  • Silky
  • Veteran

Nate Clements isn't fast?
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Because we don't have great speed on our team.

Big understatement. Their whole offense outran our defense during Whites 90 yarder.
Share 49ersWebzone