There are 474 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Straight up are we

Straight up are we

Originally posted by cooljon16:
The 49ers fans are jokes, i'm ashamed because of you assclowns, you all should go kill yourselves. You were all over singletarys nuts last week now you're throwing him under the bus. Go f**k yourselves, fake fans.

settle down. however -- i agree people overreact big time. it's one bad loss. remember in '94 when the eagles beat us 44-7? we won the SB that year. yes, i know we aren't gonna win the super bowl but we are only 5 games in with a good reality check and a bye week.

when we come back we have a healthy frank gore, a game plan (hopefully), and a shiny new Michael Crabtree (...if raye uses him...f**k...)
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
The 49ers fans are jokes, i'm ashamed because of you assclowns, you all should go kill yourselves. You were all over singletarys nuts last week now you're throwing him under the bus. Go f**k yourselves, fake fans.

settle down. however -- i agree people overreact big time. it's one bad loss. remember in '94 when the eagles beat us 44-7? we won the SB that year. yes, i know we aren't gonna win the super bowl but we are only 5 games in with a good reality check and a bye week.

when we come back we have a healthy frank gore, a game plan (hopefully), and a shiny new Michael Crabtree (...if raye uses him...f**k...)

exactly what i said.
and at least this loss came at a good time..we have a bye to start fresh again with gore and crabs.
Originally posted by kstolai:
Originally posted by rxrunner:
who ever votes contender is a joke and doesnt know football

If we stick with the same QB and O-line, then i agree... if we can adress these 2 positions, then we will be contenders
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

Drastic times call for drastic measures. Instead of firing Sing lets fire all the fans and stupid ass reporters who were serving the players all the kool-aid they could drink. Didn't one reporter claim we already made the playoffs? After 4 games? He should be fired.
Contenders....to make the playoffs.

We are in a division with the Rams, who are finished already, the Cards, which have not played well this season, and the Hawks, who have been snakebit with injuries.

A 9-7 record may get us into the playoffs, so the Niners would need to finish the next 11 weeks at 6-5, which is pretty realistic.

This is a tossaway game for the team. Nothing went their way, they performed poorly, and never were in it. It happens to nearly every team in the NFL every year, and was our first stinker of the year.

I wouldn't panic about the team as a whole. The defense is still pretty solid. They just had a bad, bad week.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Contenders....to make the playoffs.

We are in a division with the Rams, who are finished already, the Cards, which have not played well this season, and the Hawks, who have been snakebit with injuries.

A 9-7 record may get us into the playoffs, so the Niners would need to finish the next 11 weeks at 6-5, which is pretty realistic.

This is a tossaway game for the team. Nothing went their way, they performed poorly, and never were in it. It happens to nearly every team in the NFL every year, and was our first stinker of the year.

I wouldn't panic about the team as a whole. The defense is still pretty solid. They just had a bad, bad week.

So, so bad.... on all fronts of the game, O, D, and special teams....

That's the point right there. It's one game where the whole team played poorly against a good team. It does happen to every good team almost every year.

Hopefully it will serve as a wake up call. I can't imagine it wouldn't after watching the way this D has played through the first 4 games....
Originally posted by Gavintech:

That's the point right there. It's one game where the whole team played poorly against a good team. It does happen to every good team almost every year.

Hopefully it will serve as a wake up call. I can't imagine it wouldn't after watching the way this D has played through the first 4 games....

I hope you're right.
Originally posted by SF2AZNiner:
I think we still have a ways to go unfortunately as fans I know we have a bias for our team but we have been exposed:(

Raye is a joke. Period. Singletary failed by hiring him, and for trying to run an offense that we simply DO NOT have the players to run. How do we "impose our will" in the run game with this offensive line? Our best linemen are technicians (Staley & Heitman) and not overly physical maulers. We would be better suited to running 3 receiver sets, spreading the ball around with quick passes. But nope - we continue to try to pound the square pegs into the round holes.

I thought our defense was a bit more inventive and creative last week. I was honestly shocked to see Willis and Spikes blitzing, it's something I've said this 3-4 has needed from the begining. But why let that loose in a 35-0 blowout, instead of saving it as a suprise against a much tougher Falcons team a week later?

We have a good shot to make the playoffs due to our division, then we will promptly get knocked out by the first "real" team we play.

VTB
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Originally posted by SF2AZNiner:
I think we still have a ways to go unfortunately as fans I know we have a bias for our team but we have been exposed:(

Raye is a joke. Period. Singletary failed by hiring him, and for trying to run an offense that we simply DO NOT have the players to run. How do we "impose our will" in the run game with this offensive line? Our best linemen are technicians (Staley & Heitman) and not overly physical maulers. We would be better suited to running 3 receiver sets, spreading the ball around with quick passes. But nope - we continue to try to pound the square pegs into the round holes.

I thought our defense was a bit more inventive and creative last week. I was honestly shocked to see Willis and Spikes blitzing, it's something I've said this 3-4 has needed from the begining. But why let that loose in a 35-0 blowout, instead of saving it as a suprise against a much tougher Falcons team a week later?

We have a good shot to make the playoffs due to our division, then we will promptly get knocked out by the first "real" team we play.

Yeah, cause we wouldn't have a chance if we played Minnesota....wait
Contenders for a playoffs spot? Absolutely.

Contenders for a super bowl? Absolutely not.

Which is it that the OP is asking for.
We're contenders. I'm not going to panic after one game. The team didn't play up to their standard, they are better than this. I didn't see any intensity, which was different from previous games. I didn't see the discipline, which I know is there. I chalk it up to playing a good healthy team and the team thinking they've made it.
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Contenders for a playoffs spot? Absolutely.

Contenders for a super bowl? Absolutely not.

Which is it that the OP is asking for.

We were never contenders for the Super Bowl. Hill is not good enough to take us there. We don't have a 2000 Ravens level defense to mask for his level of play. We still need a long term answer at Qb (hoping that is Davis) and could still use a pass rusher (draft next year). This team is progressing, but are not done yet.

WE ARE WHO WE THOUGHT WE WERE! WE ARE WHO WE THOUGHT WE WERE!!! AND WE LET US OFF THE HOOK!!!!!!