There are 39 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Coach Sing

Originally posted by singfan:
We hired a one trick pony. He should have been no more than an interim. He is not the guy that you hire to lead your organization unless you have extremely talented individuals that can cover for all of his other weaknesses outside of his motivational speaking ( BTW, I'm not really impressed with that either).

Let's break this down.

His time management is atrocious. Is he trying to be Phil Jackson out there?
His sideline demeanor is preposterous and unprofessional. It's quickly approaching Woody Hayes infamy.
He can't hire. His hires have been atrocious. Spread between hiring people he is comfortable with and family members.
He is egotistical beyond what words can describe.

Fail. Fail. Fail. Fail.

You all should be seeing clearly now. Let's bring Shanahan home before Snyder or Jones gets their claws into him. It's not too late to save the season.

You guys are hilarious, it was the players not putting forth enough effort, and we didn't get any breaks, it's that simple, you can't coach those two things. Sing has turned this team around, just look at his record...This was just one game, and we have two weeks to fix our problems. Everybody will be loving him once we come out of the box and win at Houston and upset the Colts (Yes, I'm calling it)
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Maybe ATL is just far superior in talent and executed the way they normally do. You can blame coaching and play calling but at the end of the day this team has Gore and Willis and no one else really of any note. J Smith is a nice player, but he's a better second banana, same for Staley. Otherwise both lines are pretty terrible and all the coaching in the world can't fix that. The play calling is conservative because those guys can't block for risky plays.
Originally posted by MSteitz468:
We hired a one trick pony. He should have been no more than an interim. He is not the guy that you hire to lead your organization unless you have extremely talented individuals that can cover for all of his other weaknesses outside of his motivational speaking ( BTW, I'm not really impressed with that either).

Let's break this down.

His sideline demeanor is preposterous and unprofessional. It's quickly approaching Woody Hayes infamy.
He can't hire. His hires have been atrocious. Spread between hiring people he is comfortable with and family members.

Fail. Fail. Fail. Fail.

You all should be seeing clearly now. Let's bring Shanahan home before Snyder or Jones gets their claws into him. It's not too late to save the season.

You guys are hilarious, it was the players not putting forth enough effort, and we didn't get any breaks, it's that simple, you can't coach those two things. Sing has turned this team around, just look at his record...This was just one game, and we have two weeks to fix our problems. Everybody will be loving him once we come out of the box and win at Houston and upset the Colts (Yes, I'm calling it)

No amount of motivational speaking is going to change the fact that we are cavemen going up against sophisticated warriors. We can no longer hide behind boulders and surprise people with our slingshots and mean faces. Our rudimentary trap worked for awhile, but now, we're trapped by the fact that our trap actually worked for a few weeks. There is no doubt that we will be determined to bash our head against the very same boulder over and over again until it's too late.

Let's break this down.

Fail. Fail. Fail. Fail.

This team fell apart a lot earlier than anyone thought it would. Astoundingly, record-setting bad game with the most uninspired play seen outside of Raider and Cal games.

Motivation is what Sing does best and this is what happens? This failure is huge, epic even.

Many of us understood why he was hired, the circumstances and all, but now management has to be grown-up, sit him down and find out what he plans to do. If he is unwilling to go another way with the offense, and it is his offense, not Raye's, he needs to go and fast.

Let's break this down.

Fail. Fail. Fail. Fail.

The only trick pony here is you, dude. And you're a one (1) trick pony. I see you couldn't wait the crawl from under your rock to ruffle feathers.
Originally posted by Envy:
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:

Also, motivational speeches will only get you so far. Wasting timeouts to deliver pep talks is just silly and can hurt your team. It does nothing for you other than a good rub on your ego.

I agree with the above partly. You can really only shout at someone for so long before they switch off. I've seen it happen very often. I worked with US Marines in the past and their NCOs would scream the place down. Initially it has effect but when it becomes constant it is nothing more than white noise. People become disinterested and you lose focus.

I don't believe Singletary is an egomaniac and that his talks are poor for the team. My annoyance is that he shouldn't have to deliver them during a game.

And that could very well lead to his demise.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home