There are 158 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Coach Sing

He is the best thing that happened to this franchise and I'm thankful for that. I just don't understand how in the world a team being coach bySing to play this sloppy? You would thought Nolan is coaching the team right now.
It's the players.
Coaching can only get u so far, if you have s**tty players it will show when you play against good teams.

Those timeouts wasted killed us, after that fumble it was game over.
Singletary has potential to be a HECK of a coach. But he is a bit of a egomaniac and that could be a problem.

m sorry, but when you have NO experience as a coordinator, you can't afford to hire a OC like Jimmy Raye. You need a guy like Martz, or Turner or Shanahan.

Also, motivational speeches will only get you so far. Wasting timeouts to deliver pep talks is just silly and can hurt your team. It does nothing for you other than a good rub on your ego.

So I hope he uses this BYE week to reflect about his role on this team. If he does that, the sky is the limit for him as a OC.
  • MILFS
  • Veteran
singletary is not the problem. it was the players who kept on f**king up not singletary
  • titan
  • Veteran
You can only coach and motivate untalented players for so long! He coached them to the max and they peaked! Now we need to surround our talented players with the same potential.
  • Ang
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by MILFS:
singletary is not the problem. it was the players who kept on f**king up not singletary

This.
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:

Also, motivational speeches will only get you so far. Wasting timeouts to deliver pep talks is just silly and can hurt your team. It does nothing for you other than a good rub on your ego.

I agree with the above partly. You can really only shout at someone for so long before they switch off. I've seen it happen very often. I worked with US Marines in the past and their NCOs would scream the place down. Initially it has effect but when it becomes constant it is nothing more than white noise. People become disinterested and you lose focus.

I don't believe Singletary is an egomaniac and that his talks are poor for the team. My annoyance is that he shouldn't have to deliver them during a game.
Originally posted by niners94:
It's the players.

Yep. They were shamed and it looked like they didn't even care.
he just didn't realize that your not supposed to give your team a hard practice week going against a team coming off a bye week... that's all.... lesson learned. houston is gonna be in for it! go niners!!!
He can't go out and play (although im sure he wishes he could today) Guys just weren't excuting today, I think Atlanta had our guys on our heels all day and we just never recovered. Just one of those days, Sing will fix some of the stuff during the bye but I just worry our O-Line will be a problem all year long.
Coach Sing is a leader, he will be here for a long time.........remember that 96% approval rating on ESPN? We just f**ked up today, but the great thing about him......he will find the problems and fix them!
  • corysf49rs
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by MILFS:

I agree. At some point the players have to execute. Look at the titans. Jeff Fischer is considered one of the best coaches in the league by a lot of people, and they have yet to win this season.
We hired a one trick pony. He should have been no more than an interim. He is not the guy that you hire to lead your organization unless you have extremely talented individuals that can cover for all of his other weaknesses outside of his motivational speaking ( BTW, I'm not really impressed with that either).

Let's break this down.

His time management is atrocious. Is he trying to be Phil Jackson out there?
His sideline demeanor is preposterous and unprofessional. It's quickly approaching Woody Hayes infamy.
He can't hire. His hires have been atrocious. Spread between hiring people he is comfortable with and family members.
He is egotistical beyond what words can describe.

Fail. Fail. Fail. Fail.

You all should be seeing clearly now. Let's bring Shanahan home before Snyder or Jones gets their claws into him. It's not too late to save the season.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by singfan:
We hired a one trick pony. He should have been no more than an interim. He is not the guy that you hire to lead your organization unless you have extremely talented individuals that can cover for all of his other weaknesses outside of his motivational speaking ( BTW, I'm not really impressed with that either).

Let's break this down.

His time management is atrocious. Is he trying to be Phil Jackson out there?
His sideline demeanor is preposterous and unprofessional. It's quickly approaching Woody Hayes infamy.
He can't hire. His hires have been atrocious. Spread between hiring people he is comfortable with and family members.
He is egotistical beyond what words can describe.

Fail. Fail. Fail. Fail.

You all should be seeing clearly now. Let's bring Shanahan home before Snyder or Jones gets their claws into him. It's not too late to save the season.

I like Singletary, but he needs to chill a little. Soon it's going to be boy crying wolf. Respect your players a little more and stop embarrassing them. They're professionals. Professionals make mistakes. Singletary himself makes mistakes (hiring Raye).