LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 211 users in the forums

Week 5 Inactives

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Stuuk
  • Veteran
MattMaiocco 49ers inactives: Davis (3rd QB),) Gore, LB Ulbrich, S R.Smith, LB Harris, WR Rossum, C Wallace, DL Jean-Francois.
http://twitter.com/MattMaiocco

And obviously Crabtree

After last weeks showing not totally confident with Battle returning punts as Rossum inactive again!

[ Edited by Stuuk on Oct 11, 2009 at 11:51:30 ]
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Stuuk:
MattMaiocco 49ers inactives: Davis (3rd QB),) Gore, LB Ulbrich, S R.Smith, LB Harris, WR Rossum, C Wallace, DL Jean-Francois.

And obviously Crabtree

That's the second week in a row that Rossum is inactive. I'm pretty sure he'll be the player to be cut when Crabtree officially becomes activated.
I wonder if Spurlock being active if he gets a chance to return punts. I don't feel good with Battle back there
bad news for rossum for sure
Makes you wonder what's wrong with Rossum.
Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:
bad news for rossum for sure

i think he's been reported with an illness, or is that just code for sit on the bench you're getting cut in 2 weeks

[ Edited by teeohh on Oct 11, 2009 at 11:57:23 ]
Why does everyone hate rossum so much? He's by far the closest legit of a kick returner we have, and yet everyone wants to get rid of him. Do you guys really feel safe with Battle going no where and fumbling every now and then, or do you just not remember?
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Why does everyone hate rossum so much? He's by far the closest legit of a kick returner we have, and yet everyone wants to get rid of him. Do you guys really feel safe with Battle going no where and fumbling every now and then, or do you just not remember?

I don't. I think Spurlock is a waste of a roster space. He hasn't done anything productive since he's been inserted in the line-up. I don't know, maybe the coaches know more than we do.
Originally posted by obx49:

I don't. I think Spurlock is a waste of a roster space. He hasn't done anything productive since he's been inserted in the line-up. I don't know, maybe the coaches know more than we do.

I have no problems if Spurlock is cut, but cutting rossum makes absolutely no sense to me. Yeah, he hasn't been as good this year, but I actually get sick to my stomach when I think of Battle handling kick returns out there.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by obx49:

I have no problems if Spurlock is cut, but cutting rossum makes absolutely no sense to me. Yeah, he hasn't been as good this year, but I actually get sick to my stomach when I think of Battle handling kick returns out there.

I agree. I hope they're activating Spurlock to showcase his talent so they can try to trade him.

Share 49ersWebzone