LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 413 users in the forums

Atl offense or defense scarier?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ruthless49er:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Looking within terms of which units need to improve upon each team, we're somewhat evenly matched. -But I think we have the overall momentum edge if our o-line can pick it up this week. Atlanta will be playing desperate since they're already down 2 wins in the NFC South race with the Saints.

Also, I don't buy all this crap about how Gonzo is going to walk all over us in the 10-yard passing game. Almost every TE that has gained 6 yards over us has gotten the s**t knocked out of him by Lawson & Goldson . John Carlson only managed six receptions for 46 yards against us during the Seattle game, and he's becoming one of the most underrated outside threats in the NFL.

And if this game comes down a FG we win, Atlanta's kicker will be facing intermediate trade winds tomorrow, and he hasn't kicked a FG over 40 yards since week 15 of the 2008 season.

Carlson is underrated but Gonz is a Hall of Famer. The guy knows how to get into those soft spots in defenses and exploit them big on third downs. Carlson still a second year player. Add to that Carlson had Seneca Wallace throwing to him. Gonz has Matt Ryan.

Very true, and of course I wasn't ignoring that factor through my comparison, but if New England's geriatric/inexperienced D could shut Gonzo and the gang down, we can do it in large sentiments.
Originally posted by waiting4number6:
Is that a trick question? Their offense outside of Abraham, is not that talented at all, and their 1st rounder is out for the year. Vs. their O which has one of the smartest QB's in the league, one of the greatest TE's of all-time, a big play WR, a Pro Bowl RB, and a soild O-line, and oh yeah that Norwood dude who can take it to the house without a moments notice.

if you are that confident in our offense then man im jealous
Looking within terms of which units need to improve upon each team, we're somewhat evenly matched. -But I think we have the overall momentum edge if our o-line can pick it up this week. Atlanta will be playing desperate since they're already down 2 wins in the NFC South race with the Saints.

Also, I don't buy all this crap about how Gonzo is going to walk all over us in the 10-yard passing game. Almost every TE that has gained 6 yards over us has gotten the s**t knocked out of him by Lawson & Goldson . John Carlson only managed six receptions for 46 yards against us during the Seattle game, and he's becoming one of the most underrated outside threats in the NFL.

And if this game comes down a FG we win, Atlanta's kicker will be facing intermediate trade winds tomorrow, and he hasn't kicked a FG over 40 yards since week 15 of the 2008 season.

Carlson is underrated but Gonz is a Hall of Famer. The guy knows how to get into those soft spots in defenses and exploit them big on third downs. Carlson still a second year player. Add to that Carlson had Seneca Wallace throwing to him. Gonz has Matt Ryan.

Very true, and of course I wasn't ignoring that factor through my comparison, but if New England's geriatric/inexperienced D could shut Gonzo and the gang down, we can do it in large sentiments.

New england patriots Defensive stats:

Yards:287.5 (7th)

Passing/gm: 192.2 (7th)

Rushing yds/gm: 95.2 (11th)

Played Buffulo , New York, Atlanta, Baltimore . geriatric/inexperienced?
Originally posted by waiting4number6:
Is that a trick question? Their offense outside of Abraham, is not that talented at all, and their 1st rounder is out for the year. Vs. their O which has one of the smartest QB's in the league, one of the greatest TE's of all-time, a big play WR, a Pro Bowl RB, and a soild O-line, and oh yeah that Norwood dude who can take it to the house without a moments notice.

if you are that confident in our offense then man im jealous

It's more so the weak Atlanta D, it's just not very good, the main reason their defense has over achieved since last year is HC Mike Smith, he's a hell of Coach. Look at their roster on D it's week, especially in the secondary, our WR's and TE's are better than their DB's and LB's, and as long as our O-line blocks we will run the ball and run it well. The better thing is our D can limit their O well enough ie Nate is better than Roddy, we have P-52 Takeo and Man-Law all solid in coverage to handle Tony G, and Aubreyo should have another big day with J-Smooth shutting down Burner Turner. We are a better team than Atlanta, we are at home, it's just a question of going out there executing and getting the win.

BTW we really need to bring back more analysis posts. Where've you guys gone? Old? MD (Ignoring your omnipresence in posts theyre very very interesting to read)? just to name a few. I dont think i can ever learn enough so hook me up guys.

all of those people are scared to come inhere. it is warning city. all the trolls calling the idea moronic. spell checking and ripping you a new ass because you missed a letter while typing, and when you bring in any knowledge there is someone there to say "i played football, and that is not how it is."
Share 49ersWebzone