LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 256 users in the forums

Should we let the tampering of Crabtree go, as suggested?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TexasNiner84:
no!! we should get mark sanchez, or braylon edwards...... F**k it just let them give us bart scott and we act like this whole thing never happened

we deserve a 1st round pick for this mess, had the Jets not tampered Crabtree would have been at TC. I would really like to see the league make the Jets pay Crabtree while he is on our roster though that would be the ultimate punishment also make it count against their salary cap.
why do people keep saying "we should get picks?" You know we probably aren't? Most we are gonna get is some late round pick but probably nothing.

It's the jets that would get punished, not us get rewarded, especially considering we signed crabs.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
why do people keep saying "we should get picks?" You know we probably aren't? Most we are gonna get is some late round pick but probably nothing.

It's the jets that would get punished, not us get rewarded, especially considering we signed crabs.

maybe so, but we lost our super star services for 5 games and 2 of those games we lost and could have used him. Hes also months behind so almost half a season will be lost and maybe the jets had a lot to do with it, if thats the case then the 49ers have been harmed by the action of the Jets. If the Jets did in fact do this, then yes they should be punished as they hurt the entire NFL System.

Its always nice to hope though.

Probably because of what happened to us with the tampering charges from Briggs
Originally posted by backontop:

Probably because of what happened to us with the tampering charges from Briggs

This keeps coming around. What did the Bears gain? Oh yeah, just that. So we should get a 1st.

Just not going to happen
it doesnt matter...we should be focus on wining and making this team better! crabtree needs to get up to speed...so he can make plays for us.
i thought the league already did?

• Nabisko
  • Info N/A
Eddie B would whip Jeds ass if he were to just let this "just go". Its not happening! Jed has alot to prove. He is young and has shown his endurance with the Crabtree holdout. I just don't see him just letting this go. But what do I know, I'm just a humble fan...

Eddie B?

I don't know why people think that Crabs would have made an impact in the 1st 5 games.

Who is our QB1 again?

Replace Bruce with Crabs in the Seattle game. That's pick 6 instead of an incompletion.

He MIGHT have made an impact. But right now it stands to reason that he would have made absolutely NO difference one way or the other. Crabs is a slot WR. Hill doesn't throw to them anyway, so

I say that we should trade the highest round that the Jets have a higher pick than us. That won't matter either since Scott will just squander it on a useless(or make a move that negates their usefulness) player anyway.

~Ceadder
[ Edited by Ceadderman on Oct 17, 2009 at 3:55 PM ]
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Eddie B?

I don't know why people think that Crabs would have made an impact in the 1st 5 games.

Who is our QB1 again?

Replace Bruce with Crabs in the Seattle game. That's pick 6 instead of an incompletion.

He MIGHT have made an impact. But right now it stands to reason that he would have made absolutely NO difference one way or the other. Crabs is a slot WR. Hill doesn't throw to them anyway, so

I say that we should trade the highest round that the Jets have a higher pick than us. That won't matter either since Scott will just squander it on a useless(or make a move that negates their usefulness) player anyway.

~Ceadder

Look at the other 1st round WR's that are making an impact Harvin, Maclin...Crabtree is way more talented than those 2 so yes if he signed on time I believe he would have made an impact for us. The Jets need to be seriously punished because it is their fault this long holdout happened.
Originally posted by matt49er:
Eddie B?

Who is our QB1 again?

~Ceadder

Look at the other 1st round WR's that are making an impact Harvin, Maclin...Crabtree is way more talented than those 2 so yes if he signed on time I believe he would have made an impact for us. The Jets need to be seriously punished because it is their fault this long holdout happened.

very true. and crabtree is just a slot guy right now until he learns the offense. he will be a starter once he shows he's learned and mastered all five of jimmy rayes passing plays
  • B650
  • Veteran
Eddie B?

Who is our QB1 again?

~Ceadder

What about all the other drops Bruce had at critical times? You conveniently left those out. How about Morgan dropping a pass right through his hands?

And most importantly, you don't have to catch a pass to alter the defense. I think Crabtree will have an impact, and the offense would've looked different had he been in there since day 1. You remember that deep pass that Bruce caught in Week 1? It was all because the coverage was focused on Vernon Davis. So, don't underestimate the power of having playmakers on the field.
Eddie B?

Who is our QB1 again?

~Ceadder

dumb post of the week. If Crabtree was in TC from day one or even pre-season, he would have had a huge impact on our team, In fact I bet he would have had a huge game vs Minnesota and we get a win. That means a 4 and 1 record going into our bye.
Share 49ersWebzone