There are 268 users in the forums

Should we let the tampering of Crabtree go, as suggested?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
No way...it's a legitimate charge. Amusing, for lack of a better word, to see the Jets trade for Edwards the same day the Niners signed Crabtree. Coincidence? I don't think so. No, Niners wouldn't have filed the charges without substantial evidence to back it up. They need to stick to their guns...and get appropriate compensation. Goodell has now warned Deion about being careful in his relationships w/agents and players. No, we need to see this thing through. It was a good move...no reason to let it go now.

Too bad about Sheets. Deion is a big mouth and should be fired from his job at the NFL network for abuse of power. You can bet the last thing the league wants to do is find the Jets guilty and dock draft picks from one of it's east coast and network darlings for tampering... I hate Deion is soo devil with moneys. i am so sick to hear him and very cheap his open mouth!
Once the charge is formally submitted, it is in the league's hands. It is now the NFL's decision to let it go or not.
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Too bad about Sheets. Deion is a big mouth and should be fired from his job at the NFL network for abuse of power. You can bet the last thing the league wants to do is find the Jets guilty and dock draft picks from one of it's east coast and network darlings for tampering... I hate Deion is soo devil with moneys. i am so sick to hear him and very cheap his open mouth!

deion is def mos devil with moneys.. we better receive gift at least 1st round picks drafts from new york jet
No! There is no possible way the 49ers should allow this to be swept up under the rug.

Unless of course, it's in the script. The 49ers let the charges slide, get a few "fortunate calls" from the officials for the rest of the season, and make a cinderella run to the playoffs where perhaps they win a game or two... We could change the name of the league to NFEL, for National Football Entertainment League. An instant rival to the World Wrestling Entertainment company...

I mean, seriously, in order for the league to have credibility, this kind of s**t needs to stop. The 49ers themselves were caught with the proverbial "hand in the cookie jar". That hand got slapped. Now it's time to lay the "smack down" on the Jets.
Originally posted by bayarealuv:

deion is def mos devil with moneys.. we better receive gift at least 1st round picks drafts from new york jet

Yea exctaly it. if we received gift at least 1 st round picks drafts from new york jet then new york jets will mad and blame to deion.. jejeje that i wish and who know? jejeje
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
I think once its in the league's hands, the 49ers have no say over what happens. Once the wheels are set in motion, I don't know that anyone other than the NFL can stop them.
no!! we should get mark sanchez, or braylon edwards...... F**k it just let them give us bart scott and we act like this whole thing never happened
The League wants this to go away huh? Where was that mentality when the NINERs were facing tampering charges?

Something doesn't seem right here.............

I thought it already did?

No f**kin way !!

Yea exctaly it. if we received gift at least 1 st round picks drafts from new york jet then new york jets will mad and blame to deion.. jejeje that i wish and who know? jejeje

awesome
Originally posted by sanfran49:
Originally posted by sanfran49:
Originally posted by horsecore:
I posted the full article in the Jets Tampering thread, but here it is again as it is a good read:

Some think tampering case fueled Crabtree deal
Posted by Mike Florio on October 10, 2009 1:51 PM ET

As the storm of dust continues to settle regarding the decision of Michael Crabtree to show up unannounced in San Fran to work out a new deal, a source with knowledge of the situation believes that the wideout's holdout ended suddenly not because Crabtree was ready to play football but because of the pending tampering case that the 49ers have filed against the Jets.

The source firmly believes that the investigation was beginning to uncover evidence that the Jets had indeed tampered with Crabtree through his agent, Eugene Parker. Indeed, it was Parker and G.M. Mike Tannenbaum who once worked together on an offer sheet that the Patriots would not be able to match when the Jets lured running back Curtis Martin from New England to New York. Per the source, Parker and Tannenbaum continue to have a close and productive working relationship

Moreover, 49ers owner Jed York recently told KNBR in San Francisco (via ESPN.com) that "it was clear there was some evidence that the Jets talked to [Crabtree]," which in and of itself would be proof of tampering.

The thinking is that, as Tannenbaum (and possibly Deion Sanders) began to feel the heat increasing, Tannenbaum (and possibly Deion Sanders) urged Parker to get a deal done.

Though we've been told repeatedly that the 49ers still intend to press the matter (after all, the league made an example out of the Niners for talking to agent Drew Rosenhaus about a long-term contract for linebacker Lance Briggs at a time when the Bears were talking to the Niners about a trade for Briggs), the source predicts that the league office will now nudge the 49ers to let it go.

The argument, the source believes, will be that it's in the best interests of the league for the tampering allegation to go away, since a finding of such dirty deeds accomplished relatively inexpensively hurts the image of the entire league. The fact that this is all happening only a few weeks after the Jets were busted for cheating on the injury report makes an exoneration of the Jets this time around even more important.

So the real question is whether that effort to talk the 49ers into simply being happy that they got their player signed already has begun, and whether such efforts will be successful. In this regard, it's interesting that York already has used the phrase "there was evidence," since this implies that the case either is or will soon be formally closed.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello declined comment via e-mail on Saturday regarding whether the tampering case is still pending.

Regardless of the precise reason, the evidence suggests that the Crabtree deal was done very quickly, with less attention to detail. Last night, we pointed out several aspects of the contract indicating that it possibly was a rush job.

Even if the deal got done because Crabtree decided he was ready to play football, Parker surely would have urged Crabtree to give Parker enough time to ensure that the written document contains all the necessary bells and whistles. That fact that some deficiencies appear in the contract seems to bolster the belief that there was a separate motivation to get Crabtree under contract ASAFP, and that it possibly was related more to killing the tampering case than to getting Crabtree on a football field.

Link

no one read this because you only have "3" red boxs, therefore no credibility ithe "zone"

plus dont worry, no ones gonna read my "sarcastic" remark cause i have "no" red boxes.

I was gonna say. lol

i heart you.. you had me at patrick willis beasts
Share 49ersWebzone