LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

Should we let the tampering of Crabtree go, as suggested?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Give us Sanchez and Edwards and it will be cool.
Originally posted by BHulman:
Give us Sanchez and Edwards and it will be cool.

and pay their contracts along with Crabtree's contract
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by teeohh:
No, if they get away with it they will just do it again

No! Down with the Jets!
Originally posted by E-49er:
Originally posted by Spoonerism:
The problem with this situation is that it is potentially damaging to the niners. If the league office can't come up with anything at all or insufficient evidence they can rule against us and nail us to the wall for slander. That might mean loss of picks and or fines levied against the niners.

I dunno about the league holding us for slander. Thats pretty weak IMO. Jed said they have solid evidence and the league is gonna be putting the heat on Deion. I really don't see how the league can take draft picks away from the niners or fine them.

Dont even give such an ignorant fool a thought out response like that.
Originally posted by RichmondPete:
The problem with this situation is that it is potentially damaging to the niners. If the league office can't come up with anything at all or insufficient evidence they can rule against us and nail us to the wall for slander. That might mean loss of picks and or fines levied against the niners.

I dunno about the league holding us for slander. Thats pretty weak IMO. Jed said they have solid evidence and the league is gonna be putting the heat on Deion. I really don't see how the league can take draft picks away from the niners or fine them.

Sorry I couldn't help myself.

John Clayton and Chris Mortensen both mentioned the possible repercussions on Mike and Mike in the morning. I don't know what York has on the Jets and I doubt you do either. I hope it's a lot because it is hard to prove tampering. If they can't prove it the Jets can turn around and file a grievance for slander and WE could bite it with draft picks and fines. That is a FACT. Given the east coast bias you guys are always talking about that doesn't sound too far fetched.

What is with all the holier than thou thread commandos?
From the recent NFL conferences Goodell was defending Deion Sanders (and that's a bad sign), I'm almost for certain this will get swept under the rug.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
From the recent NFL conferences Goodell was defending Deion Sanders (and that's a bad sign), I'm almost for certain this will get swept under the rug.

I don't know, the longer it goes on the more it makes me think it's not getting swept under the rug. They said they were going to get two investigators like they did with the Pats case and imo taking that extra step isn't sweeping it under the rug.
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

I don't know, the longer it goes on the more it makes me think it's not getting swept under the rug. They said they were going to get two investigators like they did with the Pats case and imo taking that extra step isn't sweeping it under the rug.

These cases usually take forever (given also all the hoopla going on within the union), we may not find out what happened until Feb or March.

John Clayton and Chris Mortensen both mentioned the possible repercussions on Mike and Mike in the morning. I don't know what York has on the Jets and I doubt you do either. I hope it's a lot because it is hard to prove tampering. If they can't prove it the Jets can turn around and file a grievance for slander and WE could bite it with draft picks and fines. That is a FACT. Given the east coast bias you guys are always talking about that doesn't sound too far fetched.

I would like to see evidence or proof of this "FACT". I think you are 100% wrong. I don't think there is a damn thing the Jets or the league can do if the Jets are found not guilty of tempering.

If the Jets are found guilty of tampering then they should be punished accordingly. Ultimately we signed Crabtree but the interference ( if there was any) could have been the reason for him to miss as much time as he has already and was detrimental to what he could contribute to the 49ers this season.

In my country slander would have to go to court. The only charge along these lines the NFL could bring would be bringing the League into disrepute. And as the Niners have played it by the book and not publicised details I don't see how the NFL could do this. Regardless of the east coast bias there are thirty team owners who could see themselves in the same boat a year or two down the line.

And regarding a possible court cast the Jets would have to prove financial loss, directly or indirectly, or they would be awarded a nominal payout.

It may be different in the US. But I doubt it. Not significantly, anyway
No way...it's a legitimate charge. Amusing, for lack of a better word, to see the Jets trade for Edwards the same day the Niners signed Crabtree. Coincidence? I don't think so. No, Niners wouldn't have filed the charges without substantial evidence to back it up. They need to stick to their guns...and get appropriate compensation. Goodell has now warned Deion about being careful in his relationships w/agents and players. No, we need to see this thing through. It was a good move...no reason to let it go now.
Share 49ersWebzone