There are 158 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Should we let the tampering of Crabtree go, as suggested?

Let it go? Isn't it not in our hands anymore?
  • B650
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,205
Originally posted by boomer49er:
Hey lawyer guys help me out.....

If it was the Jets GM urging Parker to get a deal done quickly, and Parker rushed the contrct do to that and negotiated a contract that was somewhat harmful to Crabtree, doesn't that mean that he put the interests of a third party above the interests of his client.

Isn't this a conflict of interest? Is this not grounds for Parker having his NFL agent rights revoked?

The question is why would Parker do this? Why should he care about what the Jets GM wants?

I'm not a lawyer, but if this was the case, Parker will lose all credibility. I don't think that's the case though. I think he rushed it because the timing was right and Crabtree wanted to play. Parker knows that he isn't going to make more money by holding out, and now that the Jets have Edwards, Crabtree has nowhere to go. Plus, they're 3-1. They just probably came to a decision that this was the best place to play.
Originally posted by contrarios:
From Profootballtalk.com:

"Though we've been told repeatedly that the 49ers still intend to press the matter (after all, the league made an example out of the Niners for talking to agent Drew Rosenhaus about a long-term contract for linebacker Lance Briggs at a time when the Bears were talking to the Niners about a trade for Briggs), the source predicts that the league office will now nudge the 49ers to let it go."

Should we withdraw the tampering charges if the league office suggests? It is interesting that pressure is bearing down on the 49ers. Another helping hand for the Jets?

If I'm McCloughan I march my happy @$$ into Goodell's office and have that F*CK get on his knees to, if he thinks that we should drop this.

Once again the leagueis trying to stick it to the 9ers.


~Ceadder
  • B650
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,205
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by contrarios:
From Profootballtalk.com:

"Though we've been told repeatedly that the 49ers still intend to press the matter (after all, the league made an example out of the Niners for talking to agent Drew Rosenhaus about a long-term contract for linebacker Lance Briggs at a time when the Bears were talking to the Niners about a trade for Briggs), the source predicts that the league office will now nudge the 49ers to let it go."

Should we withdraw the tampering charges if the league office suggests? It is interesting that pressure is bearing down on the 49ers. Another helping hand for the Jets?

If I'm McCloughan I march my happy @$$ into Goodell's office and have that F*CK get on his knees to, if he thinks that we should drop this.

Once again the leagueis trying to stick it to the 9ers.


~Ceadder

That's disturbing.
Hell NO! Where the hell does this come from? You've got to be crazy to think that we should forget and forgive. If we act like. "No big deal, we signed the guy." What's to stop other teams from screwing with us and our picks next year and later ??

[ Edited by Giant9er on Oct 10, 2009 at 16:57:51 ]
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by contrarios:
From Profootballtalk.com:

"Though we've been told repeatedly that the 49ers still intend to press the matter (after all, the league made an example out of the Niners for talking to agent Drew Rosenhaus about a long-term contract for linebacker Lance Briggs at a time when the Bears were talking to the Niners about a trade for Briggs), the source predicts that the league office will now nudge the 49ers to let it go."

Should we withdraw the tampering charges if the league office suggests? It is interesting that pressure is bearing down on the 49ers. Another helping hand for the Jets?

If I'm McCloughan I march my happy @$$ into Goodell's office and have that F*CK get on his knees to, if he thinks that we should drop this.

Once again the leagueis trying to stick it to the 9ers.


~Ceadder

That's disturbing.

Originally posted by darkknight49:
i think the first comment on the article sums this up well:

Quote:
"# Garbanzo says: October 10, 2009 2:05 PM

Florio, that all makes sense until you think, and realize, that there really is no reason for pending tampering charges to make Parker do a deal. The punishment goes to the team that did the tampering, not the agent, and it'd be foolish to think a weak GM like Tannenbum could convince an agent of anything."

And no, don't drop the charges. People need to quit making secret deals that undermine other teams and proving the jets tampered may help to stem that somewhat.

Actually it does INDEED hurt the agent, if he was culpable in this infraction. The reason it does so, is because in the future other teams will be less likely to have dealings with him. Keeping him from signing future top 15 players if not 1st day players entirely. On top of that I believe that IF the league found against the Jets they would ALSO have to find against Parker for his part and could ban the man altogether regardless of his client list.

And on top of this IF the reports of the contract are indeed true and he just simply did not protect his client, what kind of message does THAT send to his future clients. It tells them that the first whiff of a charge that he's gonna throw THEM under the bus, like it's looking like he did to Crabtree.

And YES the Jets would be able to get him to get the deal done. Especially if he has clients that play for their team. It's not that far fetched that he would do that to protect future earnings. What a schmuck.

~Ceadder
Cedderman, I have that GIF you're looking for. I don't know how to post it here for you. You can email me if you like and I'll sent it to you. Let me know if you need it still.

Giant9er
Originally posted by ruthless49er:
anyone else notice that not a SINGLE DAMN football website is discussing the tapering charges? Ive seen some guys call out PFT. Florio is the only one bringing this to light. and with his blog itll reach aLOT of people. meaning the league will gauranteed take this seriously.

I know hes the guy who said Bradshaw was dead. but since then hes the first to call out Saban before the guy quit. the first to call out Vick and the dogfighting before it hit big. And hes the first one to call the Jets out for tampering with us. I hope this guy keeps churning out these posts. Gonna force Commish to do somthing.

For those who don't know Mike Florio ran a law firm until this year when PFT got so big NBC sponsored it. His insights and inside info are addictive. I think he deserved some type of journalist award for his coverage of the Vick dogfighting situation. He questioned whether Tony Romo knew it was 4th down in last week's game and the next day the Cowboys released a statement to the press about it. Stay tuned to PFT for the best info on the tampering charges. No, I'm not Florio.
Originally posted by NorthNiner:
Originally posted by ruthless49er:
anyone else notice that not a SINGLE DAMN football website is discussing the tapering charges? Ive seen some guys call out PFT. Florio is the only one bringing this to light. and with his blog itll reach aLOT of people. meaning the league will gauranteed take this seriously.

I know hes the guy who said Bradshaw was dead. but since then hes the first to call out Saban before the guy quit. the first to call out Vick and the dogfighting before it hit big. And hes the first one to call the Jets out for tampering with us. I hope this guy keeps churning out these posts. Gonna force Commish to do somthing.

For those who don't know Mike Florio ran a law firm until this year when PFT got so big NBC sponsored it. His insights and inside info are addictive. I think he deserved some type of journalist award for his coverage of the Vick dogfighting situation. He questioned whether Tony Romo knew it was 4th down in last week's game and the next day the Cowboys released a statement to the press about it. Stay tuned to PFT for the best info on the tampering charges. No, I'm not Florio.

Yeah, I'm not going to ignore this. You don't write things like this unless your ducks are all in a row. The NFL has legions of practicing Lawyers. You don't write stuff like this if you are essentially talkin out your butt.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by horsecore:
I posted the full article in the Jets Tampering thread, but here it is again as it is a good read:

Some think tampering case fueled Crabtree deal
Posted by Mike Florio on October 10, 2009 1:51 PM ET

As the storm of dust continues to settle regarding the decision of Michael Crabtree to show up unannounced in San Fran to work out a new deal, a source with knowledge of the situation believes that the wideout's holdout ended suddenly not because Crabtree was ready to play football but because of the pending tampering case that the 49ers have filed against the Jets.

The source firmly believes that the investigation was beginning to uncover evidence that the Jets had indeed tampered with Crabtree through his agent, Eugene Parker. Indeed, it was Parker and G.M. Mike Tannenbaum who once worked together on an offer sheet that the Patriots would not be able to match when the Jets lured running back Curtis Martin from New England to New York. Per the source, Parker and Tannenbaum continue to have a close and productive working relationship

Moreover, 49ers owner Jed York recently told KNBR in San Francisco (via ESPN.com) that "it was clear there was some evidence that the Jets talked to [Crabtree]," which in and of itself would be proof of tampering.

The thinking is that, as Tannenbaum (and possibly Deion Sanders) began to feel the heat increasing, Tannenbaum (and possibly Deion Sanders) urged Parker to get a deal done.

Though we've been told repeatedly that the 49ers still intend to press the matter (after all, the league made an example out of the Niners for talking to agent Drew Rosenhaus about a long-term contract for linebacker Lance Briggs at a time when the Bears were talking to the Niners about a trade for Briggs), the source predicts that the league office will now nudge the 49ers to let it go.

The argument, the source believes, will be that it's in the best interests of the league for the tampering allegation to go away, since a finding of such dirty deeds accomplished relatively inexpensively hurts the image of the entire league. The fact that this is all happening only a few weeks after the Jets were busted for cheating on the injury report makes an exoneration of the Jets this time around even more important.

So the real question is whether that effort to talk the 49ers into simply being happy that they got their player signed already has begun, and whether such efforts will be successful. In this regard, it's interesting that York already has used the phrase "there was evidence," since this implies that the case either is or will soon be formally closed.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello declined comment via e-mail on Saturday regarding whether the tampering case is still pending.

Regardless of the precise reason, the evidence suggests that the Crabtree deal was done very quickly, with less attention to detail. Last night, we pointed out several aspects of the contract indicating that it possibly was a rush job.

Even if the deal got done because Crabtree decided he was ready to play football, Parker surely would have urged Crabtree to give Parker enough time to ensure that the written document contains all the necessary bells and whistles. That fact that some deficiencies appear in the contract seems to bolster the belief that there was a separate motivation to get Crabtree under contract ASAFP, and that it possibly was related more to killing the tampering case than to getting Crabtree on a football field.

Link





no one read this because you only have "3" red boxs, therefore no credibility ithe "zone"

[ Edited by sanfran49 on Oct 10, 2009 at 17:59:29 ]
Originally posted by sanfran49:
Originally posted by horsecore:
I posted the full article in the Jets Tampering thread, but here it is again as it is a good read:

Some think tampering case fueled Crabtree deal
Posted by Mike Florio on October 10, 2009 1:51 PM ET

As the storm of dust continues to settle regarding the decision of Michael Crabtree to show up unannounced in San Fran to work out a new deal, a source with knowledge of the situation believes that the wideout's holdout ended suddenly not because Crabtree was ready to play football but because of the pending tampering case that the 49ers have filed against the Jets.

The source firmly believes that the investigation was beginning to uncover evidence that the Jets had indeed tampered with Crabtree through his agent, Eugene Parker. Indeed, it was Parker and G.M. Mike Tannenbaum who once worked together on an offer sheet that the Patriots would not be able to match when the Jets lured running back Curtis Martin from New England to New York. Per the source, Parker and Tannenbaum continue to have a close and productive working relationship

Moreover, 49ers owner Jed York recently told KNBR in San Francisco (via ESPN.com) that "it was clear there was some evidence that the Jets talked to [Crabtree]," which in and of itself would be proof of tampering.

The thinking is that, as Tannenbaum (and possibly Deion Sanders) began to feel the heat increasing, Tannenbaum (and possibly Deion Sanders) urged Parker to get a deal done.

Though we've been told repeatedly that the 49ers still intend to press the matter (after all, the league made an example out of the Niners for talking to agent Drew Rosenhaus about a long-term contract for linebacker Lance Briggs at a time when the Bears were talking to the Niners about a trade for Briggs), the source predicts that the league office will now nudge the 49ers to let it go.

The argument, the source believes, will be that it's in the best interests of the league for the tampering allegation to go away, since a finding of such dirty deeds accomplished relatively inexpensively hurts the image of the entire league. The fact that this is all happening only a few weeks after the Jets were busted for cheating on the injury report makes an exoneration of the Jets this time around even more important.

So the real question is whether that effort to talk the 49ers into simply being happy that they got their player signed already has begun, and whether such efforts will be successful. In this regard, it's interesting that York already has used the phrase "there was evidence," since this implies that the case either is or will soon be formally closed.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello declined comment via e-mail on Saturday regarding whether the tampering case is still pending.

Regardless of the precise reason, the evidence suggests that the Crabtree deal was done very quickly, with less attention to detail. Last night, we pointed out several aspects of the contract indicating that it possibly was a rush job.

Even if the deal got done because Crabtree decided he was ready to play football, Parker surely would have urged Crabtree to give Parker enough time to ensure that the written document contains all the necessary bells and whistles. That fact that some deficiencies appear in the contract seems to bolster the belief that there was a separate motivation to get Crabtree under contract ASAFP, and that it possibly was related more to killing the tampering case than to getting Crabtree on a football field.

Link





no one read this because you only have "3" red boxs, therefore no credibility ithe "zone"



plus dont worry, no ones gonna read my "sarcastic" remark cause i have "no" red boxes.



[ Edited by sanfran49 on Oct 10, 2009 at 18:01:41 ]
Originally posted by sanfran49:
Originally posted by sanfran49:
Originally posted by horsecore:
I posted the full article in the Jets Tampering thread, but here it is again as it is a good read:

Some think tampering case fueled Crabtree deal
Posted by Mike Florio on October 10, 2009 1:51 PM ET

As the storm of dust continues to settle regarding the decision of Michael Crabtree to show up unannounced in San Fran to work out a new deal, a source with knowledge of the situation believes that the wideout's holdout ended suddenly not because Crabtree was ready to play football but because of the pending tampering case that the 49ers have filed against the Jets.

The source firmly believes that the investigation was beginning to uncover evidence that the Jets had indeed tampered with Crabtree through his agent, Eugene Parker. Indeed, it was Parker and G.M. Mike Tannenbaum who once worked together on an offer sheet that the Patriots would not be able to match when the Jets lured running back Curtis Martin from New England to New York. Per the source, Parker and Tannenbaum continue to have a close and productive working relationship

Moreover, 49ers owner Jed York recently told KNBR in San Francisco (via ESPN.com) that "it was clear there was some evidence that the Jets talked to [Crabtree]," which in and of itself would be proof of tampering.

The thinking is that, as Tannenbaum (and possibly Deion Sanders) began to feel the heat increasing, Tannenbaum (and possibly Deion Sanders) urged Parker to get a deal done.

Though we've been told repeatedly that the 49ers still intend to press the matter (after all, the league made an example out of the Niners for talking to agent Drew Rosenhaus about a long-term contract for linebacker Lance Briggs at a time when the Bears were talking to the Niners about a trade for Briggs), the source predicts that the league office will now nudge the 49ers to let it go.

The argument, the source believes, will be that it's in the best interests of the league for the tampering allegation to go away, since a finding of such dirty deeds accomplished relatively inexpensively hurts the image of the entire league. The fact that this is all happening only a few weeks after the Jets were busted for cheating on the injury report makes an exoneration of the Jets this time around even more important.

So the real question is whether that effort to talk the 49ers into simply being happy that they got their player signed already has begun, and whether such efforts will be successful. In this regard, it's interesting that York already has used the phrase "there was evidence," since this implies that the case either is or will soon be formally closed.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello declined comment via e-mail on Saturday regarding whether the tampering case is still pending.

Regardless of the precise reason, the evidence suggests that the Crabtree deal was done very quickly, with less attention to detail. Last night, we pointed out several aspects of the contract indicating that it possibly was a rush job.

Even if the deal got done because Crabtree decided he was ready to play football, Parker surely would have urged Crabtree to give Parker enough time to ensure that the written document contains all the necessary bells and whistles. That fact that some deficiencies appear in the contract seems to bolster the belief that there was a separate motivation to get Crabtree under contract ASAFP, and that it possibly was related more to killing the tampering case than to getting Crabtree on a football field.

Link





no one read this because you only have "3" red boxs, therefore no credibility ithe "zone"



plus dont worry, no ones gonna read my "sarcastic" remark cause i have "no" red boxes.


damn noobs..oh wait
  • obx49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,222
Originally posted by King49er:
hey did guys hear?


We play the Falcons tomorrow, I swear, I'm not jokin around, see for yourself

Jets called 49ers about possibly trading for Crabtree

Tying up a few odds and ends now that Michael Crabtree finally is a 49er:
The Jets were the only outside team to show real interest in acquiring Crabtree during the period in which he could be traded, twice calling the 49ers to try to engage in trade talks. But the 49ers had no interest in dealing him, according to team sources, and repeatedly told Crabtree’s agent, Eugene Parker, that they would either sign the rookie wide receiver or allow him to re-enter the draft next year.

At one point, the 49ers, in weighing their options, contacted the league office for official clarification on precisely how long they would retain Crabtree’s rights, should he re-enter the draft, with the final determination being that he would be theirs until the draft began and teams were on the clock. Thus, Crabtree couldn’t have worked out for any other team, even in the morning or afternoon of the start of the draft, without there being tampering.

Much has been made of Hammer’s participation in the process. The rapper is friendly with Parker and was with the agent and Crabtree in San Francisco. Hammer also has a mutual friend with a member of the 49ers’ front office and was the third party to send word to the team that Crabtree was in town and ready to talk about a contract. However, Hammer didn’t play a role in the actual negotiations between the 49ers and the 10th overall draft pick, whose holdout extended into the season.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/10/10/jets-called-49ers-about-trading-for-crabtree/

Wow!
What a joke. Hell no they shouldn't drop the charges. If the NFL offices are really pushing the niners to do this then it's a huge joke.

The niners still lost out a lot of valuable time of having Crabtree be part of the team. He lost 5 weeks for sure and who knows when he'll actually get in the game to play well.

This is a slap in the face to all franchises not just the niners. If the jets get away with no consequences then it's a travesty.