LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 286 users in the forums

Should we let the tampering of Crabtree go, as suggested?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think it is too late now. It is already in with the NFL investigators. At this point, the NFL is going to check it out regardless of what we do. Although, I suppose they could dispose of any evidence or anything they have...
Originally posted by matt49er:
Profootball talk is garbage
no way the 9ers should let this go! we got punished for minor tampering and if the Jets are guilty here this is way more major
we need any advantage we can get, our 1st rounder likely will not reach the same level he would have if he would have reported on time, if we are entilted to some compensation like the Bears got or better we need to secure it to make our team better.

Profootballtalk isn't garbage. I read it all the time and I've read what they have written about this case and they are all for the Niners continuing to pursue the charge. They are just publishing that their sources are telling them the LEAGUE wants it to go away. PFT is a fantastic place to get up to the minute, unbiased NFL news and they will admit mistakes and update their stories immediately (and Mike Florio is pretty funny). Just my two cents, but don't kill the messenger...
Originally posted by VANiner:
Originally posted by matt49er:
Profootball talk is garbage
no way the 9ers should let this go! we got punished for minor tampering and if the Jets are guilty here this is way more major
we need any advantage we can get, our 1st rounder likely will not reach the same level he would have if he would have reported on time, if we are entilted to some compensation like the Bears got or better we need to secure it to make our team better.

Profootballtalk isn't garbage. I read it all the time and I've read what they have written about this case and they are all for the Niners continuing to pursue the charge. They are just publishing that their sources are telling them the LEAGUE wants it to go away. PFT is a fantastic place to get up to the minute, unbiased NFL news and they will admit mistakes and update their stories immediately (and Mike Florio is pretty funny). Just my two cents, but don't kill the messenger...

co-signed, I really like their site. Florio is pretty funny, don't get me wrong he pisses me off sometimes but they are all for the 9ers continuing to push for this investigation and they're pretty unbiased. I visit that site all the time.
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Originally posted by backontop:
For a team that's been on the other end of tampering (eg. Briggs), it's only fair to have the tides turn and receive compensation for this situation. Like MM said, if the Niners know what it takes to be charged of tampering, then they should rightfully pursue these allegations.

Let's not forget, the Niners know that if at the end of all this, the Jets are found NOT GUILTY, then the Niners organization will be disciplined. So no, we should not let this go.

Really? because this isn't the first time the Jets have been accused of tampering. I belive they got accused of tampering with a receiver from Denver. Neither team was punished

I saw it on NFLN. Sorry I don't have a link, but the only reason why I remembered it was because I was really surprised to hear it. Rewinded it to hear it a 2nd time.

I stand corrected. I just asked MB this question and NO we don't get penalized. I don't know why that guy on NFLN said we would but it's confirmed, we won't.

MB also said that the league has interest in this, that's why they're putting all the time and investigation into it.

He also mentioned that the Briggs/Niners tampering investigations took a while too, so be prepared to wait a while (longer)
Originally posted by backontop:
For a team that's been on the other end of tampering (eg. Briggs), it's only fair to have the tides turn and receive compensation for this situation. Like MM said, if the Niners know what it takes to be charged of tampering, then they should rightfully pursue these allegations.

Let's not forget, the Niners know that if at the end of all this, the Jets are found NOT GUILTY, then the Niners organization will be disciplined. So no, we should not let this go.

Really? because this isn't the first time the Jets have been accused of tampering. I belive they got accused of tampering with a receiver from Denver. Neither team was punished

I saw it on NFLN. Sorry I don't have a link, but the only reason why I remembered it was because I was really surprised to hear it. Rewinded it to hear it a 2nd time.

I stand corrected. I just asked MB this question and NO we don't get penalized. I don't know why that guy on NFLN said we would but it's confirmed, we won't.

MB also said that the league has interest in this, that's why they're putting all the time and investigation into it.

He also mentioned that the Briggs/Niners tampering investigations took a while too, so be prepared to wait a while (longer)

the NFL really sux man hurry the F up already! I want to know the outcome, because this kid could be making a bigger impact right now had he signed on time. now we have to wait even longer.
I believe the longer this plays out the better chance we have of something falling in our favor. If it was baseless, they would have dismissed it already.
we need as many draft picks as we can get
its not in the teams hands to let go of and this teams is gonna need all the picks they can get
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
I believe the longer this plays out the better chance we have of something falling in our favor. If it was baseless, they would have dismissed it already.

or if the evidence was overwhelming they would have ruled in the 9ers favor already.
Share 49ersWebzone