LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

Should we let the tampering of Crabtree go, as suggested?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninerfreak:
i believe this tampering case has been swept under the rug by the east coast bias NFL

consider it swept under the rug when the investigation is over and the jets are found innocent

it's ongoing so we'll see what happens
i believe this tampering case has been swept under the rug by the east coast bias NFL

Don't expect much to happen! There is a stadium in NY that is going up and they need GOOD publicity.
Originally posted by contrarios:

Don't expect much to happen! There is a stadium in NY that is going up and they need GOOD publicity.

That’s cynical, but it’s also probably dead on.

What, so you are saying that if the NFL finds they did tamper and fines them a pick or two, their fans will lose interest in football and desert the new stadium? Like we did, you mean?

Just not going to happen
Originally posted by English:

What, so you are saying that if the NFL finds they did tamper and fines them a pick or two, their fans will lose interest in football and desert the new stadium? Like we did, you mean?

Just not going to happen

Maybe not, but the NFL sure seems a hell of a lot friendlier to the big market east coast teams.
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Too bad about Sheets. Deion is a big mouth and should be fired from his job at the NFL network for abuse of power. You can bet the last thing the league wants to do is find the Jets guilty and dock draft picks from one of it's east coast and network darlings for tampering... I hate Deion is soo devil with moneys. i am so sick to hear him and very cheap his open mouth!

deion is def mos devil with moneys.. we better receive gift at least 1st round picks drafts from new york jet

Yea exctaly it. if we received gift at least 1 st round picks drafts from new york jet then new york jets will mad and blame to deion.. jejeje that i wish and who know? jejeje

i heart you.. you had me at patrick willis beasts

lolz.. good.. Patrick willis is the best beasts and whooo whip that blitz.. go 49ers
Too bad about Sheets. Deion is a big mouth and should be fired from his job at the NFL network for abuse of power. You can bet the last thing the league wants to do is find the Jets guilty and dock draft picks from one of it's east coast and network darlings for tampering... I hate Deion is soo devil with moneys. i am so sick to hear him and very cheap his open mouth!

deion is def mos devil with moneys.. we better receive gift at least 1st round picks drafts from new york jet

Yea exctaly it. if we received gift at least 1 st round picks drafts from new york jet then new york jets will mad and blame to deion.. jejeje that i wish and who know? jejeje

lolz.. good.. Patrick willis is the best beasts and whooo whip that blitz.. go 49ers

Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:

BuZzB28 is my favorite poster of all times!!!!!
Quote:
Crabtree tampering case is still moving forward
Posted by Mike Florio on October 29, 2009 10:56 PM ET
After 49ers receiver Michael Crabtree signed his rookie contract earlier this month, it was believed in some league circles that the tampering allegations made by the 49ers against the Jets would quietly disappear.

And, by all appearances, they have.

Per a league source, however, they haven't.

The source says that the investigation is proceeding. Details as to who has and hasn't been interviewed are sketchy. Because the league office has no jurisdiction over players or agents in matters of this nature, Crabtree and his representative, Eugene Parker, have the right to refuse to cooperate.

The wild card in this equation is Deion Sanders. Technically, he's a league employee, via his relationship with NFL Network. So he could be compelled to talk.

And he already did talk, to an extent, during an interview earlier this month with NFL Network's Jason La Canfora. Sanders claimed that he simply inferred that two other teams were willing to pay Crabtree wanted because, as Sanders explained it, Parker told him that two teams were willing to make a trade for Crabtree's rights.

But if that's true, why would the 49ers tell Parker that other teams are interested in trading for Crabtree, if the obvious inference becomes that those two teams will pay Crabtree what he wants? If the Niners' goal was to get Crabtree signed, the worst thing they could have done would have been to let him know that other teams are willing to give him what he wants.

So, for now, the bottom line is that the investigation has not gone away. Whether it results in a penalty for the Jets remains to be seen.

Link
Would the pat's let this go? NO!

I can see someone leaking the verdict to the Jets and them trading a way all their good picks before they are penalized. It just doesn't seem like anyone cares about this subject unfortinately for us......
those b*****ds will pay !
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Quote:
Crabtree tampering case is still moving forward
Posted by Mike Florio on October 29, 2009 10:56 PM ET
After 49ers receiver Michael Crabtree signed his rookie contract earlier this month, it was believed in some league circles that the tampering allegations made by the 49ers against the Jets would quietly disappear.

And, by all appearances, they have.

Per a league source, however, they haven't.

The source says that the investigation is proceeding. Details as to who has and hasn't been interviewed are sketchy. Because the league office has no jurisdiction over players or agents in matters of this nature, Crabtree and his representative, Eugene Parker, have the right to refuse to cooperate.

The wild card in this equation is Deion Sanders. Technically, he's a league employee, via his relationship with NFL Network. So he could be compelled to talk.

And he already did talk, to an extent, during an interview earlier this month with NFL Network's Jason La Canfora. Sanders claimed that he simply inferred that two other teams were willing to pay Crabtree wanted because, as Sanders explained it, Parker told him that two teams were willing to make a trade for Crabtree's rights.

But if that's true, why would the 49ers tell Parker that other teams are interested in trading for Crabtree, if the obvious inference becomes that those two teams will pay Crabtree what he wants? If the Niners' goal was to get Crabtree signed, the worst thing they could have done would have been to let him know that other teams are willing to give him what he wants.

So, for now, the bottom line is that the investigation has not gone away. Whether it results in a penalty for the Jets remains to be seen.

Link

Hope they get what they deserve when it is all said & done!
why?? because they are a NY team? The Jets screwed us royally and they need to pay.
Share 49ersWebzone