LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 265 users in the forums

Aubrayo franklin "Best nose guard in the league"

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • saeniner
  • Info N/A
He had a phenomenal game against Indy, and has been playing lights out almost all season. He may have sucked in the past but this is a what have you done for me lately league, and lately Franklin has been the man. Definitely happy we can ignore NT at least for now and focus on the MUCH larger issues at O Line in free agency/draft.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
He (the posistion) went from being a weakness on the team to a strength. Aubrayo Franklin is playing very good football.

Agreed. He may not be the best, but he is playing like a top 5 NT right now.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
He's playing pretty well this year... sure surprised me. He's much more stout at the POA. That said, he's still not a dominant NT in the league... sorry, just isn't. I'd like to resign him, but only for "non-dominant" NT money.

So to help me understand your comment, who are the five best nose tackles in the league - guys who you consider "dominant?"

1. Kris Jenkins - NYJ
2. Vince Wilfork - NE
3. Shaun Rogers - Cle
4. Casey Hampton - Pitt
5. Jamal Williams - SD
6. Jay Ratliff - Dal
7. Jason Ferguson - Mia
8. Haloti Ngata/Kelly Gregg - Bal

All of these NTs are more dominant than Franklin.

All of these are more dominant based on what? Your perception? I just wonder how NT's can be really evaluated unless you are watching game film over and over on them. Maybe you are doing that. Not sure. I would tend to look at team stats and success in stopping the run as a strong measuring tool. A team cannot be a great run stuffing team unless their NT is playing very well. The Niners with their league best 3.2 average run defense makes me think that Franklin is playing every bit as dominant as these other NTs.
  • SacTownNiner88
  • Info N/A
Peter King's defensive player of this week is Abrayo Franklin. It's in his monday morning quarterback article on si.com. Glad to see our nose tackle get some recognition.... but I still hate Peter King
I didn't get to watch the game, I guess he played pretty well then?
Originally posted by SacTownNiner88:
Peter King's defensive player of this week is Abrayo Franklin. It's in his monday morning quarterback article on si.com. Glad to see our nose tackle get some recognition.... but I still hate Peter King

Peter King is starting to come around and show the 49ers some love.
Originally posted by SacTownNiner88:

Franklin is one of the most underated NT in the NFL and on this D. He has played very well all season. When given a chance by this offense in terms of field position and TOP this entire defense can be very good. This has been proven while playing some very good offensive teams in Ari, Indy, Min, Hou
Congrautlations Aubrayo. I think he has done well. I hope we resign him and still draft someone like Cody or Suh. Then we will have our NT in waiting training and learning and growing naturally.
Franklin! And Sims played well, too.

What is the world coming to??!!!!!
  • buck
  • Veteran
Franklin is playing very well. Might not be at a pro bowl level, but clearly well.

I think we need to get him locked up for about three more years.

Franklin is playing very well. You don't usually see NTs make a lot of plays, so when you see him making plays, you know he's really on his game. He has a long ways to go to match my sentimental favorite 49ers NT of all time, #95 Michael Carter, but he's on his way.
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=131278&page=4
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
Congrautlations Aubrayo. I think he has done well. I hope we resign him and still draft someone like Cody .... we will have our NT in waiting training and learning and growing naturally.

I'm still on this bandwagon for our 1st round pick:

Berry & Cody in the 1st.
Proven ROT and PR thru FA.
Originally posted by DaysOfGlory:
Congrautlations Aubrayo. I think he has done well. I hope we resign him and still draft someone like Cody .... we will have our NT in waiting training and learning and growing naturally.

Berry & Cody in the 1st.

Teams tend to hold onto decent tackles. That is why we need to use the draft
Originally posted by DaysOfGlory:

Berry & Cody in the 1st.

If OT isn't addressed in the 1st round, then it won't be addressed at all.

See: last year.
Share 49ersWebzone