There are 124 users in the forums

Aubrayo franklin "Best nose guard in the league"

Shop Find 49ers gear online
From Peter King's MMQB

Quote:
Defensive Player of the Week

Aubrayo Franklin, NT, San Francisco.

Now, you look at Franklin's stat line -- three tackles, one sack, one tackle for loss -- and you say, "Come now. There had to be 75 guys in the league with better defensive days.'' Franklin's game is classic proof that stats for defensive linemen are 90-percent meaningless. Franklin was a regular in the Colts' backfield, leading San Francisco's stout front that held Indy to 61 rushing yards on 21 carries, a 2.9-yard average. "That's a great defense,'' said Joseph Addai afterward. It was led by a no-name noseman in his seventh year from Tennessee, with a surprisingly swift move, at 317 pounds.
I was kind of luke warm on him at the beginning of the season, but he is really playing well. That sack was great yesterday even if Justin Smith was the real reason why Franklin was able to make that play. With players like Franklin really stepping up to the plate, the 9ers are getting close to truly being legitimate once again.
That was his best game ever with us. He dominated the LOS, great to see him playing well this year.
Glad he's playing well enough that it seems we can focus more on OLine in the earlier rounds of the draft. I'd love to get 2 guys in the first 5 rounds.
hope he's the answer so we don't have to draft a NT
He is going to get paaaaaaiiiddd!
Having a great season along with Justin Smith.

There's no question our D-line has been a HUGE surprise.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:

Is he in a contract year, because that would explain the performance.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DesiDez:
From Peter King's MMQB

Quote:
Defensive Player of the Week

Aubrayo Franklin, NT, San Francisco.

Now, you look at Franklin's stat line -- three tackles, one sack, one tackle for loss -- and you say, "Come now. There had to be 75 guys in the league with better defensive days.'' Franklin's game is classic proof that stats for defensive linemen are 90-percent meaningless. Franklin was a regular in the Colts' backfield, leading San Francisco's stout front that held Indy to 61 rushing yards on 21 carries, a 2.9-yard average. "That's a great defense,'' said Joseph Addai afterward. It was led by a no-name noseman in his seventh year from Tennessee, with a surprisingly swift move, at 317 pounds.

No doubt, Frankilin had something extra for the Colts. The guys play this year has made the whole D much better this year.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

Yup and at 29 and him having his best year going into his contract year, I would be a little worried about giving him a big, long term contract

Yes, and I'm starting to think we need to pay him because its hard to find a good NT in the 3-4 that is unless we somehow get Vince Wilfork.
The Niners are great against the run and that is impossible if you do not have a NT in your 3-4 defense playing exceptionally well. He has taken to the scheme and the Niners need to extend his contract.

The great thing about Franklins play is that its one less position we need to focus on in next years draft assuming he signs. Our line is playing great. Now we need to get 2 playmakers that can make our defense one of the best in the league.

The Niners have to get a fierce OLB passrusher and a playmaking ball hawk FS. That is what I would focus on besides the OL of course.

Yup and at 29 and him having his best year going into his contract year, I would be a little worried about giving him a big, long term contract

exactly what im thinking
What a great fat piece of s**t we have playing for us!

j/k Go Franklin! Way to prove everyone wrong!
He's playing pretty well this year... sure surprised me. He's much more stout at the POA. That said, he's still not a dominant NT in the league... sorry, just isn't. I'd like to resign him, but only for "non-dominant" NT money.
Share 49ersWebzone