There are 56 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Aubrayo franklin "Best nose guard in the league"

Franklin has been playing very well, he's not the best nose guard in the league but I do believe he's top 10. With that said he is only 29 and this is encouraging our DL is really shping up w/J.Smith, Franklin, ICE, McDondal and Balmer
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
I have a lot of respect for J. Smith, but that is taking things a bit too far.

There is some serious homerism for a teammate there. I'm glad to see it. Glad that he's playing well enough to even be considered at that level by anyone and glad his teammates think so highly of him and are willing to support him.

However, to say that about him, or similarly if someone were to say that VD was the best TE in the league because of a few good games, is quite a stretch.

Let's beat ONE good team, make the playoffs, have some probowlers, and maybe even be good for more than half a season before we anoint anyone on our team this side of Willis the best ANYTHING in the league.

We have a LONG way to go before we should be making statements like that.

i dont think i like your brand of realism there guy

You are right. Since we are 3-1, we obviously have the best Oline, QB and WRs in the league too. In fact, I hear they have already ordered a HOF jacket for Crabs. Just the fear that he might get in a game someday is what has made our offense successful to this point.
  • Envy
  • Veteran

There is some serious homerism for a teammate there. I'm glad to see it. Glad that he's playing well enough to even be considered at that level by anyone and glad his teammates think so highly of him and are willing to support him.

However, to say that about him, or similarly if someone were to say that VD was the best TE in the league because of a few good games, is quite a stretch.

Let's beat ONE good team, make the playoffs, have some probowlers, and maybe even be good for more than half a season before we anoint anyone on our team this side of Willis the best ANYTHING in the league.

Agree with some of that and whilst I too worry about the prospect of players buying into the hype I think some positive encouragement is welcomed. Some players react differently. Some like the stick. Others the carrots.
Originally posted by Allx9er:

i dont think i like your brand of realism there guy

You are right. Since we are 3-1, we obviously have the best Oline, QB and WRs in the league too. In fact, I hear they have already ordered a HOF jacket for Crabs. Just the fear that he might get in a game someday is what has made our offense successful to this point.

better
He looks better in Manusky's defense than Nolan's.
Switching to a 1 gap scheme is another reason he's playing so well.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by teeohh:
do we really need to draft a NT?

If we don't extend Franklin, then yes. You know Nolan will want Denver to go after him in the offseason if we don't lock him down.
Originally posted by natrone06:
He deserves his own thread the way hes been playing this season, especially with all the heat hes gotten in the past.

Quote:
"He is having a great season. Best nose guard in the league," defensive end Justin Smith said.

Asked why Franklin is the best at his position, Smith said firmly, "Because he is. Tape don't lie. When I say he's the best nose guard in the league, he's the best nose guard in the league."

Gotta love Smith's logic here.
winning just about solves everything
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
He's a thriving player in our current 3-4 one gap scheme.
Well he's not the best, but he sure is playing really really well.
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for RichmondPete.

We arent saying anything. Justin Smith said he is, I think he knows better than you.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RichmondPete:

We arent saying anything. Justin Smith said he is, I think he knows better than you.

Teammates do this all the time. I bet if you asked Mushin Muhammed who the best QB in the league was in 2006, he'd tell you that Rex Grossman had to be mentioned in the top 3. They play on the same team together and see the hard work that's put in during practice and on Sundays; they're biased. What matters more is what the other teams' players think.

[ Edited by B650 on Oct 10, 2009 at 19:20:03 ]
Originally posted by teeohh:
do we really need to draft a NT?

My only concern is it is a contract year for Franklin. I hope he isn't just playing for a big contract and then fades off.