LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 217 users in the forums

Aubrayo franklin "Best nose guard in the league"

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He deserves his own thread the way hes been playing this season, especially with all the heat hes gotten in the past.

Quote:
"He is having a great season. Best nose guard in the league," defensive end Justin Smith said.

Asked why Franklin is the best at his position, Smith said firmly, "Because he is. Tape don't lie. When I say he's the best nose guard in the league, he's the best nose guard in the league."

[ Edited by natrone06 on Oct 10, 2009 at 10:43:59 ]
Too bad he didn't play like it when Nolan was here. It's his boy.
I like that he's finally getting some respect, but I'm a little confused why he hasn't been locked up in a long-term deal yet. Vince Wilfork looks primed to leave NE. Is mgmt looking to go after Wilfork before offering Franklin a deal?

I don't think he's the best in the league, but I think he's surpassed Hampton in Pittsburgh. IMO, Wilfork, Jenkins and Williams (on IR) are still better, but he's not too far behind them. I'd throw Shaun Rogers in the mix as well.
do we really need to draft a NT?
This article was quite a surprise. I knew his teammates had been praising his play for the last year and a half, but its hard to see just how much a NT is contributing with the coverage we get on TV.

That being said, this guy gets absolutely HATED on in Madden 10. I think he's rated 68 or something sh!tty like that. I usually pull him in favor of Sopoaga and move Balmer to end.

Anyway, let hope this guy gets some more coverage and the D gains more recognition and swagger. They're really fun to watch at this point, but you can see they're still growing.
It seems like more players are playing closer to their potential with Singletary at the helm. Coincidence? I think not. Better coaches produce better results BOTTOM LINE
Good to have coaches that know how to best utilize our roster, in my opinion that is the biggest difference between this year and last.
I have a lot of respect for J. Smith, but that is taking things a bit too far.

There is some serious homerism for a teammate there. I'm glad to see it. Glad that he's playing well enough to even be considered at that level by anyone and glad his teammates think so highly of him and are willing to support him.

However, to say that about him, or similarly if someone were to say that VD was the best TE in the league because of a few good games, is quite a stretch.

Let's beat ONE good team, make the playoffs, have some probowlers, and maybe even be good for more than half a season before we anoint anyone on our team this side of Willis the best ANYTHING in the league.

We have a LONG way to go before we should be making statements like that.
Originally posted by jesserdumas2:
This article was quite a surprise. I knew his teammates had been praising his play for the last year and a half, but its hard to see just how much a NT is contributing with the coverage we get on TV.

That being said, this guy gets absolutely HATED on in Madden 10. I think he's rated 68 or something sh!tty like that. I usually pull him in favor of Sopoaga and move Balmer to end.

Anyway, let hope this guy gets some more coverage and the D gains more recognition and swagger. They're really fun to watch at this point, but you can see they're still growing.

Madden jumped his rating to an 80 today
Originally posted by teeohh:

If we don't extend Franklin, then yes. You know Nolan will want Denver to go after him in the offseason if we don't lock him down.

Madden jumped his rating to an 80 today
....booting up the noseXBox360 right now....
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
I have a lot of respect for J. Smith, but that is taking things a bit too far.

There is some serious homerism for a teammate there. I'm glad to see it. Glad that he's playing well enough to even be considered at that level by anyone and glad his teammates think so highly of him and are willing to support him.

However, to say that about him, or similarly if someone were to say that VD was the best TE in the league because of a few good games, is quite a stretch.

Let's beat ONE good team, make the playoffs, have some probowlers, and maybe even be good for more than half a season before we anoint anyone on our team this side of Willis the best ANYTHING in the league.

We have a LONG way to go before we should be making statements like that.

i dont think i like your brand of realism there guy

[ Edited by Allx9er on Oct 10, 2009 at 11:11:03 ]
Originally posted by teeohh:

Franklin is 30 years old. If you figure it takes 2-3 years for a high draft pick to completely mature into an NFL player, than yes, we could. Plus we don't have any good backup NTs to rotate in with Franklin at the moment.
I dont know if he is the best but he might be the most underrated NT/NG in the NFL, he gets no respect especially from the Niner Fans, and its sad, look at it this way, no one played for Nolan, the onyl one showing up was Willis, the rest seemed to not buy in to him, now with Sing, the players beleive in him and I dont blame them.
He (the posistion) went from being a weakness on the team to a strength. Aubrayo Franklin is playing very good football.
Share 49ersWebzone