LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 333 users in the forums

49ers team defensive rating this year

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers team defensive rating this year

where will the 49ers D rank when it's all said and done? I believe in the top 5.
  • B650
  • Veteran
I don't know if they can finish in the top 5 this year because the schedule gets much harder, but it's possible. A lot of it has to do with how well our offense plays. We keep having Lee punt the ball 10 times a game, it's doubtful that our defense will keep up this good play.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
62 guesses and none are right as of week 13.

20th in total yards.
18th in points per game.

IMO the most important stats.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Our defense compared to last year...

+20.4 yards per game.
-11.0 rushing yards per game.
+31.4 passing yards per game.
+0.4 first downs per game.
-4.4 points per game.
Originally posted by B650:
I don't know if they can finish in the top 5 this year because the schedule gets much harder, but it's possible. A lot of it has to do with how well our offense plays. We keep having Lee punt the ball 10 times a game, it's doubtful that our defense will keep up this good play.

What is the 49er offense's 3rd down conversion rate this season? I couldn't find it at NFL.com, but that incompetence plays into the defense's lack of success.
  • CSRKing21
  • Info N/A
6-10...a top 5 D isnt 27th in pass defense
Our defense is no where near what I thought it was gonna be. We need a serious upgrade to the secondary in the offseason.
Originally posted by CSRKing21:
6-10...a top 5 D isnt 27th in pass defense

it is when most teams pass b/c they can't run....see MINN pass D the last 5 years, always top in rush D and near last in pass yards.
Reviewing the stats as of today on NFL.com it looks like we are about 10th overall.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Our defense is no where near what I thought it was gonna be. We need a serious upgrade to the secondary in the offseason.

With a strong run D they are going to keep throwing at us. So a big yes here, second only to the O line.

Originally posted by Ninefan56:
Reviewing the stats as of today on NFL.com it looks like we are about 10th overall.

Depends how you look at it. We're 10th in points allowed but 20th in yards per game. 27th in pass yards per game; 5th against the run. We would be a very good defense if we could improve the pass defense. Maybe one of the 1sts on a pass rusher or DB next year.

Overall, seems to me we've been very good against the run, good in the red zone, and bad against the pass.
Share 49ersWebzone